Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All

Author Topic: Empty the Supply in 4 Turns  (Read 53268 times)

Davio

• 2012 Dutch Champion
  • Respect: +3413
    • View Profile
Re: Empty the Supply in 4 Turns
« Reply #100 on: June 04, 2013, 03:03:06 am »

So with Guilds this will become 3 turns, right?

I'll bet CC is already working on it. :D

Theory, could you do an interview with CC at some point? I'm curious as to what his motivations are as he doesn't seem to play (perhaps under an unknown alias) or post many other stuff than these amazing puzzle solutions.

BSG: Cagprezimal Adama
Mage Knight: Arythea

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
  • Respect: +1966
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 04, 2013, 04:11:56 am »

Theory, could you do an interview with CC at some point? I'm curious as to what his motivations are as he doesn't seem to play (perhaps under an unknown alias) or post many other stuff than these amazing puzzle solutions.
I think people have posted about that before, someone who knows CC. Don't remember at the moment.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

shark_bait

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: shark_bait
  • Luckyfin and Land of Hinter for iso aliases
  • Respect: +1868
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 04, 2013, 12:18:53 pm »

Tables knows him irl, he posted it in the powergrid subforum a while back.  Gotta go to the bottom of the extended post to find the mention.
Hello.  Name's Bruce.  It's all right.  I understand.  Why trust a shark, right?

Is quite curious - Who is the mystical "Celestial Chameleon"?

Simon (DK)

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Sirusc
  • Respect: +218
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 17, 2013, 10:03:03 pm »
+3

I went through the solution irl, and I found 3 minor mistakes:

Play Bm2, buy Hunting Grounds, gain Hg7-10 and Bm3
Play City, draw Hg7-8
Play Hg7-8
Play Wt2, draw Hg9-10, Bm3, Hunting Grounds, Hg2, O

This doesn't work with gaining to discard and reshuffling since O is in the deck (as the only card), and it doesn't work with topdecking since Hunting Grounds will get at the top (you gain that last). It should work if you just topdeck Hg7-8, and then reshuffle after drawing O with Wt.

- Play Bm7 thrice, buy Festival, Counting House and Bank, gain 30 cards (Pd2-10,Nc2-10,Rm1-10, Silver and Copper)
      - Reveal Wt, put Counting House and Bm10 on deck (Nc2-10 automatically top-deck)

You don't gain Bm10 here, so you can't topdeck it (you do in a few lines down from here).

Play Hm4-10, draw Silver, Fairgrounds, Vineyard, Gardens, Bank,(reshuffle) and 2 Coppers, discard 3 Watchtowers, Forge and 10 Copper
(have 22 Actions, $89, 69 Buys and 160 VP)

When you reshuffle here, you have H and O still in the deck. It works with the rest if you draw these and discard them instead of 2 Coppers.

I can't totally rule out that it was me, who did some mistakes, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 10:06:31 pm by Simon (DK) »

Young Nick

• Minion
  • Respect: +275
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 28, 2013, 11:35:15 am »
+7

I found a mistake! Your Scrying Pool play only draws actions when there are non-actions still in deck. Now, this is a mistake that can't possibly hurt the solution because you just draw an extra card, but a mistake nonetheless. Ha!

I'll go back to my corner of inadequacy and shame now.

allanfieldhouse

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +374
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: March 27, 2014, 05:53:59 pm »
+2

Can someone explain the strategy in plain English? I remember reading this thread when I was new to Dominion and not having any idea what was going on. I just re-read it, and I think I understand most of the important parts, but I still don't think I got everything.

Here's my attempt at explaining:

1. He starts out by using processions to play actions twice and gain new cards. He trashes fortresses because then they come back to his hand (even after playing them due to procession), and he trashes catacombs to gain cheaper cards. Often when gaining a card, he will immediately trash it using watchtower to trigger an effect (or just use watchtower to topdeck the card).

2. At this point he plays all 10 hagglers. Normally you wouldn't be able to alternate back and forth between the action & buy phases of your turn, but he uses black market to get around this. Each time he buys a card from the black market deck, he gains 10 cheaper cards due to the hagglers, and he can continue to play actions afterwards.

3. He gains & plays all 10 goons so that every buy from here on out also nets him 10 victory points.

4. He repeats the step 2 black market strategy, but this time using king's court to supercharge everything.

5. Finally, he plays all his treasure (including a bank worth $76) and buys all the remaining cards (only victory and treasure cards were left at this point).

Can anyone else give a better/clearer/more accurate explanation than that?

florrat

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: florrat
  • Respect: +748
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 23, 2014, 09:37:06 pm »

Sorry for the heresy, but

Puzzle: Adapt CC's solution so that you don't need Peddlers in the kingdom to get started (getting started means: have a hand of Fortress, Watchtower and two Processions).

liopoil

• Margrave
  • Respect: +2479
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 24, 2014, 12:33:06 am »

Surely with stonemason and baker you can do everything much more easily. you can have a really good turn 3.

florrat

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: florrat
  • Respect: +748
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 24, 2014, 03:30:01 am »

Good point. Sorry, I mean without using cards from Guilds.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All

Page created in 0.172 seconds with 21 queries.