Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: A game where Throne Room is key for the Engine  (Read 849 times)

eliegel34

• Golem
  • Respect: +146
    • View Profile
A game where Throne Room is key for the Engine
« on: February 04, 2013, 07:05:39 pm »

This was one of those games were you first look at the set and know there is an engine, but it takes a long time to figure out what it is.  With Throne Room as the only village, it took a while to build an engine on this board, but once it was up and going it was quite strong.  Margrave with Masquerade make for a strong attack, and Monument allow you to come back from any number of points down.  My biggest problem was that 8 Throne Rooms wasn't enough to let me play all my actions, but it was close enough.  Wharf was key in creating the large hand size that you need to do this kind of weird engine.  In the end I felt kinda bad playing these huge turns against an opponent who wasn't to far Masq into BM Tact. 

Cellar, Jester, Margrave, Market, Masquerade, Mine, Monument, Tactician, Throne Room, and Wharf

http://dominion.isotropic.org/gamelog/201302/04/game-20130204-155441-8e6369d8.html

dondon151

• 2012 US Champion
  • Respect: +1856
    • View Profile
Re: A game where Throne Room is key for the Engine
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2013, 03:10:47 am »

Well, obviously, I think we can all agree that you overbuilt...

TR-Wharf is very strong with other engine cards on the board. Here Market is a good consideration because you get extra actions if you TR a Market, so you don't always have to play all of your terminals on a TR chain. TR-Wharf is also good enough drawing that you don't need to trash all of your Treasures; you'll definitely want to keep some around for opponent Masq plays. Cellar likes TR-Wharf because you can go through a lot of cards this way, plus it also enables your deck to soak up Duchies for more points.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 20 queries.