Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8  All

Author Topic: Goko log parser - now for Chrome!  (Read 65904 times)

nutki

• Scout
  • Respect: +195
    • View Profile
Re: Goko log parser - now for Chrome!
« Reply #150 on: May 06, 2013, 04:46:36 am »
+3

Has anyone managed to play Possesion without crashing using the firefox log viewer? It causes crashes for me.
When I wrote the extension I did not own any sets, so handling of possession was based on the offlline logs, it is possible that online look different. As I bought the full goko package a few days ago, I will try to reproduce and fix it.

With the Chrome extension, my custom avatar reliably shows up in game, at the results page, and on the top right corner in the lobby. In the lobby itself, however, it's very inconsistent (both in the player list and when I host a game).

On the Leaderboard it's even worse: I have spotted my custom avatar exactly once, even though I always see the custom avatars of others.
I just confirmed this, it does work when showing the leaderboard after the game, but in multiplayer/leaderboards it will only show once after each browser cache cleaning. I will look at this, but I think it is minor, so not on top of my priority list.

Would it be possible to have the identations from the current in game log in the post-game log prettifier as well?
Yes, to some extent. The indentations as currently used are based mainly on the action name (non indented are 'plays' and 'buys' events). The only exception is the first line of the cleanup phase, and this is hard to replicate as the online log uses live phase information from the game to detect that, some simple heuristic in the offline version would be possible though (for example all the final actions that use 'shuffles' or 'draws').
Want a better Goko experience?
Get Firefox, Grease monkey and my script.

nutki

• Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 06, 2013, 04:49:50 am »
+1

I've updated the chrome extensions with your new script (sorry about the delay, started a new job and haven't checked the forums for a while).

Let me know if you want me to transfer ownership of the chrome extension to you; I don't mind keeping it updated but barely any of the code is mine.
I will gladly offload the work to you, if you don't mind. I don't use Chrome myself, so I would not even test it properly. This way at least two people try to run the code before it is published.

StrongRhino

• Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: StrongRhino
  • Respect: +247
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: May 06, 2013, 03:54:32 pm »

Sorry if this has been said before and I'm just being stupid, but where can I find the one for Firefox? (If it exists)

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
  • Respect: +2983
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: May 06, 2013, 04:13:32 pm »
+3

I get slightly nervous about a brand new poster and brand new add-on author suddenly posting a plugin and preemptively declaring "no viruses!". So, if you want to play it safe and you're in Firefox:

1) Download and then activate the Greasemonkey extension. This is an extension that's been in existence for a long time and has been reviewed by the Firefox folks, AFAIK. https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/greasemonkey/

2) Go to the .js file in nutki's post:
https://github.com/nutki/Goko-Live-Log-Viewer/raw/master/Goko_Live_Log_Viewer.user.js

You should receive a message that this is a Greasemonkey script and a prompt to install it. Go for it. The .js file will be installed in your Firefox profile/extensions, if you want to double-check the actual contents.

yed

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: yed
  • Respect: +571
    • View Profile
Silk Road freeze
« Reply #154 on: May 06, 2013, 06:43:30 pm »

Silk Road freeze:
http://i.imgur.com/h60pKIc.jpg

That try-catches from TODO in source are important!

ftl

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: ftl
  • Respect: +1345
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: May 06, 2013, 07:04:57 pm »
+1

Do these freezes affect the log parser or the whole game?

I don't want my tournament matches and ranked matches to freeze on me.

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
  • Respect: +2983
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: May 06, 2013, 07:08:48 pm »

Possession freezes the whole game, not sure about Silk road.

yed

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: yed
  • Respect: +571
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: May 06, 2013, 10:40:15 pm »

Silk Road freezes the whole game too.

GwinnR

• Tactician
  • Respect: +786
    • View Profile
    • German Youtube-Videos
« Reply #158 on: May 07, 2013, 12:45:00 am »

Is this only for the Chrome parser or also for Firefox?
Nobody's perfect, but I'm only a nobody o.O

My german Youtube-Channel: http://www.youtube.com/gwinnrdominion

qmech

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: qmech
  • What year is it?
  • Respect: +2320
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 07, 2013, 02:20:12 am »

Possession freezes on Firefox.  The two extensions should be identical, as they run the same Javascript.

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
  • Respect: +3527
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: May 07, 2013, 03:57:39 am »

Setting aside the debugging of these particular issues, shouldn't the log viewer catch and surpress any errors it generates?  Or is this a difficult thing to do in JS?

Thanks so much for the extension.  It's an huge improvement over the horrible turd of a log viewer that Goko crapped out on the floor.
Salvager Extension | Isotropish Leaderboard | Game Data | Log Search & other toys | Salvager Bug Reports

Salvager not working for me at all today. ... Please help! I can't go back to playing without it like an animal!

nutki

• Scout
    • View Profile
Re: Silk Road freeze
« Reply #161 on: May 07, 2013, 06:10:14 am »
+5

Thanks for reporting, guys. I fixed (only in the Firefox user script, the Chrome extension needs updating) the following:

- possession crash (caused by different size of avatar images which are swapped on the possession turns, now avatars are rescaled)
- no avatars in lobby (the avatar preloader was not patched to load user avatars, simply disabled the preloader)
- silk road / masquerade crash (point tracking of masquerade is not possible with the live log, disabled)

Setting aside the debugging of these particular issues, shouldn't the log viewer catch and surpress any errors it generates?  Or is this a difficult thing to do in JS?
Surly a better exception handling is possible, but it is not trivial, since it has to be done for each function separately and sometimes the action to take on exception to make the main game continue is not obvious. On top of that not everything can be covered, for example the possession bug caused an exception in the goko code.

I am not a JS programmer, so if you have an improvement suggestion, feel free to post it here or through github.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 06:22:54 am by nutki »

SCSN

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +7140
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: May 08, 2013, 04:12:34 pm »

I sometimes have that the cards I play during my last turn don't show up in the deck composition at the bottom.

Here is an example game: http://dom.retrobox.eu/?/20130508/log.5101a6c4e4b02b7235c3860f.1368036554527.txt

My opponent resigned while I was making my scheme decision.

ftl

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: ftl
  • Respect: +1345
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: May 08, 2013, 04:33:20 pm »
+1

I think that's a bug in the goko log, not the goko log parser.

Polk5440

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1788
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 11, 2013, 01:28:16 pm »

The parser is not pulling logs for me correctly. I am attempting to pull logs for GokoDom from these strings, but no success. I tried going to http://dominionlogs.goko.com//20130511/ and searching for the strings, but they don't seem to be there. Loppo and I played these games today an hour or so ago. (We alternated setting up the table, that's why there are two table creator hashes. )

http://dom.retrobox.eu/?b8e4b015dcbac5f45a.1368285552845.txt

http://dom.retrobox.eu/?75e4b013548a3d58f0.1368286412318.txt

http://dom.retrobox.eu/?b8e4b015dcbac5f45a.1368287782779.txt

http://dom.retrobox.eu/?75e4b013548a3d58f0.1368288871368.txt

http://dom.retrobox.eu/?b8e4b015dcbac5f45a.1368289726466.txt

Any ideas?

nutki

• Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: May 11, 2013, 06:54:45 pm »

Any ideas?
I don't think the goko logs work now at all. With the extension turned off after playing a game I was redirected to:
http://play.goko.com/Dominion/undefined/20130511/log.50ebec24e4b067e81b563165.1368312505350.txt
which is a 404. And the proper logs server don't have this log either.

Polk5440

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1788
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: May 12, 2013, 01:22:15 am »

I got a response to my getsatisfaction report, and it seems they acknowledge there is a problem on their end.

Acher

• Pearl Diver
  • Respect: +4
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: May 13, 2013, 07:56:06 pm »

I'm new to the extension and not very tech savvy.

What do you guys do when the cards that freeze the game up are there? Is there a way to turn off the extension.

Anything else I should know about it? (Or do I have to read the whole 7 pages of this thread?)

Thanks.

btw the problem with the goko logs (404 error) seems to be fixed for me
« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 07:58:54 pm by Acher »

qmech

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: qmech
  • What year is it?
  • Respect: +2320
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: May 14, 2013, 04:42:48 am »
+1

What do you guys do when the cards that freeze the game up are there? Is there a way to turn off the extension.

Have you had any freezes?  My understanding is that they've all been fixed in the latest version of the script.  If the script does cause a freeze then I don't think there's anything you can do: if you disable the script then that won't take effect until you reload the page, which ends the game.

nutki

• Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: May 14, 2013, 05:10:27 am »

Have you had any freezes?  My understanding is that they've all been fixed in the latest version of the script.  If the script does cause a freeze then I don't think there's anything you can do: if you disable the script then that won't take effect until you reload the page, which ends the game.
The Chrome extension was not updated, so it will cause Possession freeze if you have an avatar uploaded. I am currently working on a portable script that will work in both Chrome and Firefox so no porting will be necessary.

SCSN

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +7140
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: May 14, 2013, 03:13:35 pm »

During the last few days I've played two games where Possession was played >3 times. I'm using the Chrome script with an uploaded avatar, and haven't experienced any problems whatsoever.

Acher

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: May 14, 2013, 08:51:28 pm »

Thanks guys.

I haven't had freezes from cards, but twice after one of my opponents was disconnected, the game didn't end for me and I had to click "abandon game" (not "resign"). I'm not sure if it affected my rating. (I think both times, it was a 3 player game.)

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
  • Respect: +3527
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: May 14, 2013, 09:44:09 pm »

I haven't had freezes from cards, but twice after one of my opponents was disconnected, the game didn't end for me and I had to click "abandon game" (not "resign"). I'm not sure if it affected my rating. (I think both times, it was a 3 player game.)

I've experienced similar in 2 player games today and yesterday.

After my opponent got disconnected, the log updated and declared me the winner, but the game screen never changed to the "You Win" screen.  It stayed stuck in the game.  Clicking "Resign" had no effect (there was no "Abandon Game" button).  My rating had adjusted correctly.

Goko Log Viewer 0.107
Chrome v26.0.1410.65
OSX 10.8.3

Salvager Extension | Isotropish Leaderboard | Game Data | Log Search & other toys | Salvager Bug Reports

Salvager not working for me at all today. ... Please help! I can't go back to playing without it like an animal!

Acher

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: May 15, 2013, 05:44:08 am »

I've experienced similar in 2 player games today and yesterday.

After my opponent got disconnected, the log updated and declared me the winner, but the game screen never changed to the "You Win" screen.  It stayed stuck in the game.  Clicking "Resign" had no effect (there was no "Abandon Game" button).  My rating had adjusted correctly.

Goko Log Viewer 0.107
Chrome v26.0.1410.65
OSX 10.8.3

Yep, same thing happened to me today (as you described it) with 2 player games also. Now I saw "resign". Not sure if my memory of seeing "abandon" is correct.

As long as the rating is adjusting correctly, I guess it's not a problem.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 05:45:11 am by Acher »

StrongRhino

• Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: StrongRhino
  • Respect: +247
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: May 15, 2013, 10:24:03 pm »

For custom avatars, anyone know an easy way to make a picture the right size to use? Thanks.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8  All

Page created in 1.935 seconds with 21 queries.