Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Hilarious Comeback  (Read 813 times)

heron

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: heron
  • Respect: +1183
    • View Profile
Hilarious Comeback
« on: January 31, 2013, 07:16:35 pm »
+2

After checking out WanderingWinder's nice ambassador article, I remembered a pretty funny game I played a while back. It was pretty significant to me, since I remembered it after 10 months of not looking at it.

Anyway, what happens is, I spend the whole game trying to get possession, while my opponent goes for some ambassadors and a torturer. Things are looking grim as I'm down 17 points with one province in the supply on turn 14.
However, I play my possession (the one time I play it the whole game) and the hand I possess is: Province, Ambassador, Spice Merchant, Estate, Silver. I draw another province with spice merchant, and bam! 18 point swing.
I find it hysterical that my opponents obviously superior deck is beaten due to the most absurdly lucky hand I could have gotten.

http://councilroom.com/game?game_id=game-20120324-111351-2514f88d.html

Also: Excuse the not all that great play; it looks like I was around level 15 at the time of this game.

Jerk of All trades

• Young Witch
  • Respect: +38
    • View Profile
Re: Hilarious Comeback
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2013, 07:38:52 pm »
+2

poor guy, I think he only played the ambassador once. (when he gave you an estate, which if he hadn't done, he would have won the game 33-32)
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.071 seconds with 20 queries.