Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: IW-Workshop-Vineyard rush  (Read 823 times)

Wingnut

• Golem
  • Respect: +75
    • View Profile
IW-Workshop-Vineyard rush
« on: January 29, 2013, 08:54:28 pm »

cards in supply: Adventurer, Cache, Harem, Ill-Gotten Gains, Ironworks, Margrave, Potion, Torturer, Trading Post, Vineyard, and Workshop

As I first scanned this kingdom, I couldn't figure out what I wanted to play. Seemed like Trading Post into IGG. Then I saw three cards and planned for a rush: Ironworks, Workshop and Vineyard. I correctly guessed that my opponent would get confused by my Workshop open (only Workshop and Ironworks were available as targets for it among kingdom cards and he responded by opening Ironworks with no obvious plan for it). From there it was pick up Ironworks with IW followed by Workshop having mixed a few Potions in to then grab Vineyards. Once the two piles ran (IW and Workshop), grab Estate and buy Vineyard when possible. With point tracker on this was made a bit easier, but the reaction to this came late and heck, it ended up eating IGG alive and I suspect would have done so even had my opponent played better. I ended up piling out with Estates because it was easy to do so and the game was won just half the Vineyards.

Any ideas out there to do this better? Would you consider playing it yourself if the cards came up. Would you consider trying this with just Ironworks (no way with only workshop, right)?

http://dominion.isotropic.org/gamelog/201301/29/game-20130129-174426-d44adbe8.html

WanderingWinder

• Adventurer
  • ...doesn't really matter to me
  • Respect: +4385
    • View Profile
    • WanderingWinder YouTube Page
Re: IW-Workshop-Vineyard rush
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2013, 09:02:17 pm »

Ironworks/Vineyards is fairly well-known as strong, yeah, so long as there are at least a couple other of gettable action stacks.

Morgrim7

• Torturer
  • Torturer chains? How primitive.
  • Respect: +749
    • View Profile
Re: IW-Workshop-Vineyard rush
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2013, 10:13:01 pm »

IW/Vineyard is Pretty strong against an IGG rush, beacuse of A) You will be emptying piles decently fast, which prevents him from ending the game because of your VP lead, and B) Because Vineyards only cost Potion so the curses wont be as much of a hindrance. So yeah, IW/Workshop/Vineyard.
"Oh sweet merciful heavens.

I sit here, lost amongst the cloud, that which is the brain of the Morgrim Mod. Perhaps I will learn the inner workings of that storied mind. Perhaps I will simply go mad.

Mad, I tell you.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaad." -Voltgloss
Dominion Notation: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7265.msg206246#msg206246
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 20 queries.