Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Jester killed me on Bank board - Did I have any recourse?  (Read 1096 times)

Wingnut

• Golem
  • Respect: +75
    • View Profile
Jester killed me on Bank board - Did I have any recourse?
« on: January 27, 2013, 06:55:53 pm »

There were villages, tons of draw and +buy and Bank on the board. Admittedly, I didn't go for Bank because his early Jester luck threw me off my game (he bought a turn 3 Jester and then his my Masquerade on turn 6, therefore getting him past his Worker's Village open with no issue, then hit Council Room on turn 8, Hamlet on turn 9 and was then off to the races).

Other than get to Bank quicker somehow, what else should I have done? My Rabbles basically never hit, I kept getting my good cards hit by his Jester (I eventually countered with Fortune Teller to topdeck green and then Jester him for a curse in the hope it would slow him down, might have worked better without so much big draw here).

http://dominion.isotropic.org/gamelog/201301/27/game-20130127-154852-bdda697a.html

DG

• Governor
  • Respect: +2624
    • View Profile
Re: Jester killed me on Bank board - Did I have any recourse?
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2013, 08:00:04 pm »

You seemed to get really bad turn 3 and 4 so that combined with second seat left you an awful lot to do.  From then on your opponent played quite ok, getting big hands of bank money. As soon as council rooms get played every turn they give each other positive feedback and the game escalates, making the banks stronger, settling the game sooner. This left you behind whilst trying to build up an attacking deck, something that didn't entirely suit the kingdom anyway. There's are quite a few subtle interactions involving curses/estates and jesters, fortune teller, rabbles, hamlets, masquerades, coppers, and banks.

dondon151

• 2012 US Champion
  • Respect: +1856
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2013, 11:18:55 pm »

I wouldn't buy a Council Room so early in the game, especially when my opponent opened Silver/WV.

Drab Emordnilap

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Drab Emordnilap
  • Luther Bell Hendricks V
  • Respect: +1887
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2013, 09:46:32 am »
+2

My Rabbles basically never hit,

I think you have this backwards; your Rabbles almost always hit. A Rabble revealing green cards is actually missing; they were going to draw those green cards anyways.

Unless you mean they missed their power cards and revealed to many coppers.

Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 21 queries.