Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: I'm terrible at rushes like this - what could I have done differently?  (Read 1092 times)

Forge!!!

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +128
    • View Profile

http://dominion.isotropic.org/gamelog/201301/27/game-20130127-153152-10739a1b.html

I know I should have prioritized Silk Roads over Islands more. My original thinking was "well i can put aside other cards with the island and it'll free things up more". I got to about turn 5 before I realized how dumb that was. Other than that, what else could I have done? He had an extra Workshop, but I never really had another turn where I hit 3 like he did. He also had a couple extra estates that really boosted him up. Should I have gotten a silver, or an extra workshop? Or did my couple of turns of having 1 money just kill me?

DG

• Governor
  • Respect: +2624
    • View Profile
Re: I'm terrible at rushes like this - what could I have done differently?
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2013, 07:39:45 pm »

You need to get into the workshops and vp cards quickly. Normally with gardens you'd do something along the lines of a silver/workshop opening with maybe one or two more workshops, a good 5 cost card if you can get it, then rush the gardens. If you lose the gardens split you can try getting some sliver and buying duchies to compete. With silk roads you need to contest estates after the silk roads so this probably locks down a losing deck and ties it into a losing strategy. This is probably why the simulator seemed to prefer a workshop/workshop opening here, then silk roads then islands+estates, with some silver along the way.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 08:25:35 pm by DG »

Forge!!!

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +128
    • View Profile
Re: I'm terrible at rushes like this - what could I have done differently?
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2013, 07:45:56 pm »

Ah, Workshop/Workshop opening seems like a good idea. Thanks, DG.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 20 queries.