Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Kings Court + Scavenger combo gets 8 Provinces in 14 Turns  (Read 868 times)

loppo

• 2014 Austrian Champion
  • Respect: +194
    • View Profile
Kings Court + Scavenger combo gets 8 Provinces in 14 Turns
« on: January 27, 2013, 01:07:44 pm »

:o

http://dominionlogs.goko.com//20130127/log.50955175e4b013548a3d58f0.1359308993401.txt

i'm home with a cold, so i dont want to play any real dominion and decided to play with the inferior KC/ Scavenger combo. I noticed a couple of things. You reach the combo between turns 9-10 most of the times. 8 turns is lucky, and having it by turn 7 is the earliest possible. So its by no means slow.

On the other hand there is KC, and oftentimes there are better engines out. And sometimes you will get bad draws, and not assemble the combo at all. In the example above i get incredible luck, and pull of 8 provinces in 14 turns.

If you are gunning for the combo you open Scavenger / Silver with another Scavenger / Silver turns 3+4. You put away the deck with every Scavenger play and put the other Scavenger on top of your Deck. You want a 3rd Scavenger if you dont get to 7, and maybe another Silver (or Gold if you get to 6).

Once you have a KC you put it on top and hope to draw it with your Scavenger and buy the 2nd KC.

Turn 10 seems to be a tipping point. If you havent assembled the combo until now you basically have lost the game. The more cards you get in your deck the more difficult it will be to draw your Combo pieces.

This combo is fun the first games, but you really feel like a bot while playing it.

dondon151

• 2012 US Champion
  • Respect: +1856
    • View Profile
Re: Kings Court + Scavenger combo gets 8 Provinces in 14 Turns
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2013, 11:34:25 am »

This can probably be slightly improved with a variety of other cards that help you set up the combo, I think?

Anyway this reminds me of KC-Scheme, except slightly worse because you need extra copies of KC and Scavenger to be able to topdeck them. Still something to watch out for with nothing stronger around.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.283 seconds with 20 queries.