Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Remake/Fortress and the "Lose Track Rule"  (Read 9982 times)

SirPeebles

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +5459
    • View Profile
Re: Remake/Fortress and the "Lose Track Rule"
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2014, 11:16:56 am »
+1

You reveal Tunnel "when you discard this" -- which I took to be while it is in the process of moving between the hand and the discard pile, not after it landed there.

"When X" things always happen AFTER X is done happening. As someone is moving an attack card from their hand to the table; you reveal it when it lands on the table. Tunnel is technically in the discard pile when you reveal it, though of course in real-life games, in practice, you reveal it as you discard it like you say. But basically Tunnel does in fact "magically" pull itself out from the discard pile to be revealed; it's basically just one of those cases when the literal wording of things is trumped by the common sense of how to use it.

I'm always a little confused about the timing aspects of the game (fortunately, it rarely matters in practice). If this is the case, then I agree that it's inconsistent with some of the lose-track stuff.

Technically the Lose Track rule wouldn't apply for Tunnel anyhow, since the Lose Track rule only prevents cards from being moved, not revealed.  But in practice, you wouldn't be able to reveal the card since you've lost track of it.
Well you *do* need a signature...

Davio

• 2012 Dutch Champion
  • Respect: +3412
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2014, 01:11:25 pm »
+1

I guess it's okay if a card only cares about itself.

Tunnel can always find itself, no matter where it is.

It just irks me that you have to deliberately mess with your discard pile to do so, which seems against the rules if you interpret them strictly. You can't count the number of cards in your discard pile, you can't look through it, but you can pull Tunnel out of it.

BSG: Cagprezimal Adama
Mage Knight: Arythea

Grujah

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +1177
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2014, 05:51:15 pm »
+9

So, a guy resurrects a year old thread to say "Lol'd" and immediately f.ds starts over-explaining stuff that nobody asked an explanation of :P

Davio

• 2012 Dutch Champion
  • Respect: +3412
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2014, 02:06:13 am »

I don't see anything out of the ordinary with that, Grujah!

Now, go over to the BSG thread and escape from prison or something!

BSG: Cagprezimal Adama
Mage Knight: Arythea

Jeebus

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jeebus
  • Respect: +1635
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2014, 01:24:28 pm »

I guess it's okay if a card only cares about itself.

Tunnel can always find itself, no matter where it is.

It just irks me that you have to deliberately mess with your discard pile to do so, which seems against the rules if you interpret them strictly. You can't count the number of cards in your discard pile, you can't look through it, but you can pull Tunnel out of it.

This thread analyzes the way Tunnel is resolved in as much details as anybody would probably care to: http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/854026/playing-multiple-reaction-cards/page/1

Polk5440

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1788
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 09, 2014, 04:59:36 pm »

So, a guy resurrects a year old thread to say "Lol'd" and immediately f.ds starts over-explaining stuff that nobody asked an explanation of :P

It's like when your crazy uncle starts telling a long-winded story that no one cares about and then falls asleep without warning (a big meal will do that to him). You give him a poke a while later and he starts right up again!

Flip5ide

• Apprentice
  • Highest Rank/Rating: 58/5600
  • Respect: +136
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2015, 08:47:35 pm »

le guy was me. heh
"If at first you don't succeed, find out if the loser gets anything." - William Lyon Phelps
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 21 queries.