Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: If I was any good, this would be a dominion academy topic  (Read 2217 times)

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
  • Respect: +867
    • View Profile
If I was any good, this would be a dominion academy topic
« on: January 25, 2013, 07:21:53 am »

Eh, just played this very interesting board with Greytips. Cards in supply: Chapel, Cutpurse, Duke, Farming Village, Potion, Remake, Spice Merchant, Steward, Tactician, Vineyard, and Worker's Village.

We go first. What's our play here?

Duchy-duke is a consideration on a board this weak. There is also chapel, tactician and a lot of villages for the engine, maybe even some double tactician thing, but the actions are pretty weak. Vineyards is there as the only potion cost, but again, support for a big action chain is hardly very good. The best province-based big money option would be remake or cutpurse I suppose, but I doubt anyone was going to suggest that. So, how to proceed? Does it matter what our opponent does? I'll hold off from posting the log for now, but it's pretty interesting.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 07:23:27 am by Eevee »

Davio

• 2012 Dutch Champion
  • Respect: +3413
    • View Profile
Re: If I was any good, this would be a dominion academy topic
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2013, 07:34:22 am »

Uhhm, why not go with Remake into some Steward-Villagy engine with Vineyards as your main VP?

Since you've got 2 Village piles, there are a lot of juicy actions for a Vineyards deck.
With Worker's Village you can even get 2 Potions if needed to win a decisive split.

BSG: Cagprezimal Adama
Mage Knight: Arythea

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2013, 08:00:28 am »

Uhhm, why not go with Remake into some Steward-Villagy engine with Vineyards as your main VP?

Since you've got 2 Village piles, there are a lot of juicy actions for a Vineyards deck.
With Worker's Village you can even get 2 Potions if needed to win a decisive split.
Well, that engine will have a hard time producing any money, no? Playing a village and a steward nets you one card and no coin. It has no other payoff than the vineyards, and getting multiple components per turn sounds kind of hard?

Morgrim7

• Torturer
  • Torturer chains? How primitive.
  • Respect: +749
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2013, 08:15:03 am »
+2

What do you mean, if you were any good. Dude, you're like in the top 10.
"Oh sweet merciful heavens.

I sit here, lost amongst the cloud, that which is the brain of the Morgrim Mod. Perhaps I will learn the inner workings of that storied mind. Perhaps I will simply go mad.

Mad, I tell you.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaad." -Voltgloss
Dominion Notation: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7265.msg206246#msg206246

lespeutere

• 2012 German Champion
  • Respect: +390
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2013, 08:24:38 am »

Well, that engine will have a hard time producing any money, no? Playing a village and a steward nets you one card and no coin. It has no other payoff than the vineyards, and getting multiple components per turn sounds kind of hard?
It should be possible to play stewards for carddraw and for 2$ to generate enough coin. Or you pick up 2 estates to remake them into silvers to get income. You've got enough actions to remake first and then draw with steward.

WanderingWinder

• Adventurer
  • ...doesn't really matter to me
  • Respect: +4386
    • View Profile
    • WanderingWinder YouTube Page
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2013, 08:30:51 am »

For now I want to say that duke shouldn't work against an engine here, if only because cutpurse hurts it a lot and stealing then remaking duchies will probably be quite possible.

Morgrim7

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2013, 08:39:51 am »

Or maybe a SmithyBM type strat with stuff to help?

I sit here, lost amongst the cloud, that which is the brain of the Morgrim Mod. Perhaps I will learn the inner workings of that storied mind. Perhaps I will simply go mad.

Mad, I tell you.

Dominion Notation: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7265.msg206246#msg206246

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2013, 08:57:48 am »
+1

No smithy on board though.

For now I want to say that duke shouldn't work against an engine here, if only because cutpurse hurts it a lot and stealing then remaking duchies will probably be quite possible.
Ding ding ding. http://dominion.isotropic.org/gamelog/201301/25/game-20130125-041648-e2812705.html WanderingWinder truly knows his way around duchy duke, even knows when one should ignore it. Not sure I've ever lost before with 7 duchies and 8 dukes. And my opponent didn't even do any cool remake-tricks.

Morgrim7

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2013, 08:59:55 am »
+1

No smithy on board though.
:-] i should go to bed

Mad, I tell you.

KingsSkort

• Thief
  • Respect: +88
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2013, 09:58:11 am »

Eh, just played this very interesting board with Greytips. Cards in supply: Chapel, Cutpurse, Duke, Farming Village, Potion, Remake, Spice Merchant, Steward, Tactician, Vineyard, and Worker's Village.

We go first. What's our play here?

Duchy-duke is a consideration on a board this weak. There is also chapel, tactician and a lot of villages for the engine, maybe even some double tactician thing, but the actions are pretty weak. Vineyards is there as the only potion cost, but again, support for a big action chain is hardly very good. The best province-based big money option would be remake or cutpurse I suppose, but I doubt anyone was going to suggest that. So, how to proceed? Does it matter what our opponent does? I'll hold off from posting the log for now, but it's pretty interesting.

Double tac/mass cutpurse into vineyards. I think you can skip chapel and trash down enough with steward and maybe SM.

EDIT: I got 54 points in 22 turns on my first shot at this:
http://dominion.isotropic.org/gamelog/201301/25/game-20130125-070338-b61bbb17.html
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 10:09:18 am by KingsSkort »
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.092 seconds with 20 queries.