Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: what's your least favorite card that other people don't seem to hate?  (Read 8013 times)

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
  • Respect: +2466
    • View Profile
Re: what's your least favorite card that other people don't seem to hate?
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2013, 02:30:53 pm »

Rebuild!

Didn't we have a Rebuild game several months ago? That seems to ring a bell. Maybe I'm thinking of the Storeroom game.

On topic, I'd put Governor and Goons in this category, although I've learned to hate Governor a bit less.

That was Storeroom. I remember that game. It was on a Duke board.

With Hoard, right. You went Mine and I went Storeroom. That was an interesting game.

So, why don't you like Rebuild?

I don't like Rebuild because I am starting to think it is very luck dependant. I am now much better at playing it, but almost all games that I lose to low ranked players on Goko are Rebuild games. To be honest, I am starting to think it is better than Mountebank and Witch at $5. It is so fast!, and often, you can ignore the curser and win. I've had that happen to me before, twice! I went for the curser, my opponent goes for Rebuild, and Rebuild is so fast, and just skips over the curses! It doesn't matter how clogged your deck is. I think I ranked it fourth on Qvist's list, but if I went back, I would put it at number 1.

Cuzz

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Cuzz
  • Respect: +1018
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2013, 02:31:59 pm »
+1

Farmland, Smugglers, and Fool's Gold. The first two because they're overrated / I don't understand how to use them, the third because it seems to often lead to boring games.

Farmland is overrated?

Anyway, I have to go with Alchemist. I always buy it when it's going to be too slow and I always ignore it when it's going to be dominant. And I've made the "Alchemists all gone, might as well trash this useless potion" mistake more times than I care to admit.

brokoli

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +786
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2013, 02:53:27 pm »

Yeah, Alchemist for me too. Uninteresting and boring.

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10721
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2013, 02:56:31 pm »

Rebuild!

Didn't we have a Rebuild game several months ago? That seems to ring a bell. Maybe I'm thinking of the Storeroom game.

On topic, I'd put Governor and Goons in this category, although I've learned to hate Governor a bit less.

That was Storeroom. I remember that game. It was on a Duke board.

With Hoard, right. You went Mine and I went Storeroom. That was an interesting game.

So, why don't you like Rebuild?

I don't like Rebuild because I am starting to think it is very luck dependant. I am now much better at playing it, but almost all games that I lose to low ranked players on Goko are Rebuild games. To be honest, I am starting to think it is better than Mountebank and Witch at $5. It is so fast!, and often, you can ignore the curser and win. I've had that happen to me before, twice! I went for the curser, my opponent goes for Rebuild, and Rebuild is so fast, and just skips over the curses! It doesn't matter how clogged your deck is. I think I ranked it fourth on Qvist's list, but if I went back, I would put it at number 1.

I'll agree that Rebuild is quite indifferent to most Attack cards, which in itself is quite powerful. I wonder how often it beats a good engine without Attacks, though. It can be quite fast, and if you reach a mega-turn with your engine, there won't be many Duchies left to buy. It's hard to say.

ehunt

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: ehunt
  • Respect: +1855
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2013, 05:28:28 pm »
+1

Farmland, Smugglers, and Fool's Gold. The first two because they're overrated / I don't understand how to use them, the third because it seems to often lead to boring games.

oh man i love farmland

Forge!!!

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +128
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2013, 01:03:07 am »

Someone else's least favorite card that other people seem to like:

I find council room so distasteful!
Forge!!!: why?
 I couldn't bare the though of giving you cards
 for free?!
 but, sadly, sometimes council room will win
as it has today
Forge!!!: often times, in fact
 what a mighty triumph!
Forge!!!: it is a good card
 nah
 worst card

I've never heard of Council Room called "distasteful" before. And shockingly, playing an engine centered around Library isn't a great idea against an opponent playing 2/3 council rooms per turn.

Morgrim7

• Torturer
  • Torturer chains? How primitive.
  • Respect: +748
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2013, 01:05:44 am »

oh man i love farmland
hence the avatar
"Oh sweet merciful heavens.

I sit here, lost amongst the cloud, that which is the brain of the Morgrim Mod. Perhaps I will learn the inner workings of that storied mind. Perhaps I will simply go mad.

Mad, I tell you.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaad." -Voltgloss
Dominion Notation: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7265.msg206246#msg206246
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 21 queries.