Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Poor House/Storeroom  (Read 797 times)

hsiale

• Duke
  • Respect: +244
    • View Profile
Poor House/Storeroom
« on: January 24, 2013, 09:11:04 am »

Full log: http://dominionlogs.goko.com//20130124/log.50893139a2e67cff211cd7e5.1359035949135.txt

My first try at this board was Poor House/Counterfeit (mainly because I opened 5/2 and could buy Counterfeit first turn), but it was too slow at trashing my Coppers. So next try I decided I won't be trashing them, but I'll use Storeroom to make some coin from them. The board had everything I needed: Village for extra actions, Hunting Grounds to draw lots of cards, Market for extra buys and Throne Room to just make things a bit more crazy.

I bought all the actions I needed in 12 turns. Then two next turns the engine didn't fire (I guess it could be built way better) but at least I bought a Province each of those turns, and also one turn 12 together with some Poor Houses. Then finally turn 15 everything worked, giving me 4 coin off Markets, 7 off Storeroom and 20 off Poor Houses, allowing me to buy 3 Provinces, 1 Duchy and 1 Estate, ending the game.

ftl

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: ftl
  • Respect: +1345
    • View Profile
Re: Poor House/Storeroom
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2013, 11:09:15 am »

You probably bought poor house too early. it's really  easy to pick up with spare buys later, so you can wait to get it until your deck is  in position to use it.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.083 seconds with 20 queries.