Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Adventurer wins a game  (Read 857 times)

Willvon

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +169
    • View Profile
Adventurer wins a game
« on: January 22, 2013, 10:55:49 pm »

I basically just play IRL.  So I never have posted in this section.  However, I thought this was at least a little interesting.

I usually do not ever buy Adventurer unless it has a good chance of pulling good treasures.  Well, tonight we found ourselves in a real slog.  The board was:

Crossroads
Cellar
Ambassador
Oasis
Woodcutter
Bridge
Embassy
Ill-Gotten Gains
Adventurer
Farmland

With Ambassador and Ill-Gotten Gains, we quickly were gumming up each others decks with Curses, Estates, and Coppers.  However, between Crossroads, Cellar and Embassy, especially with Bridge, we were both buying Golds, Farmlands and Provinces much more than I expected.  We were down to the last Province.  My wife had just given me two of her Curses her last two turns and returned one to the board, and I hit 5.  I should have bought a Duchy, but instead I went for the next to last IGG to give her back a Curse.  She had bogged down pretty badly.  She played a Crossroads, drew 2 cards, and then played an Adventurer.  With all of the coppers, IGG's and silvers in her hand, I was sure it would be a waste.  Wouldn't you know that she pulled 2 of her 3 Golds with that Adventurer and got the last Province.  She won the game by one point!

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
  • Respect: +2466
    • View Profile
Re: Adventurer wins a game
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2013, 01:05:05 am »

Adventurer is acually pretty good in slog games. But, more often than not, you want Gold over Adventurer.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 20 queries.