Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9  All

Author Topic: Greatest Moments uhh... I mean Misclicks of Dominion 2013 and Beyond  (Read 67480 times)

ConMan

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1705
    • View Profile
Re: Greatest Moments uhh... I mean Misclicks of Dominion 2013
« Reply #125 on: September 24, 2014, 12:18:14 am »

I just bought a Tunnel out of the BM deck so I could cycle it with Hunting Party.
That one took me longer than it should have, but it was great once I figured it out.

TrojH

• Moneylender
  • Respect: +191
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 24, 2014, 10:10:37 pm »
+4

I just bought a Tunnel out of the BM deck so I could cycle it with Hunting Party.

How I scanned it at first: "I just bought a Tunnel and added it to my Big Money deck so I could cycle it with Hunting Party." My thought: "What's wrong with that? Just buy another one!"

Sigh. Is there a "Greatest Misreads of Dominion" thread?  :-[

GeoLib

• Jester
  • Respect: +1265
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 24, 2014, 10:40:58 pm »

How I scanned it at first: "I just bought a Tunnel and added it to my Big Money deck so I could cycle it with Hunting Party." My thought: "What's wrong with that? Just buy another one!"

Well I first read it as "I just bought a shelter out of the BM deck so I could cycle it with Hunting Party." I'm still not completely convinced that there wasn't a ninja edit there.
"All advice is awful"
 —Count Grishnakh

heron

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: heron
  • Respect: +1183
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 24, 2014, 11:05:37 pm »

Well I first read it as "I just bought a shelter out of the BM deck so I could cycle it with Hunting Party." I'm still not completely convinced that there wasn't a ninja edit there.

That really would be a greatest misclick.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
  • Respect: +3188
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 24, 2014, 11:19:29 pm »

That really would be a greatest misclick.

more like the greatest goko

ThaddeusB

• Young Witch
  • Respect: +140
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 24, 2014, 11:25:05 pm »
+3

That seems a little more your opponent's fault since the shelters cost $1.
It's very much the opponent's fault, especially since he fell for it *twice*.

There seems to be an epidemic of this going around.  I had three consecutive opponents buy a curse after Swindling a Shelter yesterday.  The first was like "what happened, how did I get a curse in my deck" a few hands later and I explained and he said something like "I know Shelters cost 1. I'm not that dumb. Whatever." Apparently not. :)
« Last Edit: September 24, 2014, 11:26:36 pm by ThaddeusB »

Deadlock39

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1757
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 25, 2014, 10:47:51 am »
+2

There seems to be an epidemic of this going around.  I had three consecutive opponents buy a curse after Swindling a Shelter yesterday.  The first was like "what happened, how did I get a curse in my deck" a few hands later and I explained and he said something like "I know Shelters cost 1. I'm not that dumb. Whatever." Apparently not. :)

I think it is entirely likely this is happening because people are not paying attention as opposed to them not knowing shelters cost $1.  They are expecting to choose a card when they play Swindler, don't pay attention to what got hit, and see that sweet blue plus sign next to the curse pile.  If that is the case, their mistake isn't not knowing shelters card cost, but rather not considering the possibility that Swindler could hit a card that has no replacement (and not paying attention to what is happening).

GwinnR

• Tactician
  • Respect: +786
    • View Profile
    • German Youtube-Videos
« Reply #132 on: September 25, 2014, 02:59:24 pm »
+9

Yesterday I did the worst misclick, I ever did. It costed 3 Provinces and I became 3rd place instead of 1st.

I had much money and many buys, so I wanted to buy 3 Provinces. And suddenly the turn ended. And I said "What?" and "What?" and "Again, what?".
Which happened was, that I was chatting in the goko-chat and pressed "Enter" to send. But it didn't press Enter for the goko-chat but for the side-log of the extension. Because a clicked "end turn" the turn before, my Enter pressed that button and so I missed the 3 Provinces.

I like the extension very much and the new buttons are cool, but that was so sad. The buttons which should protect me from misclicking caused my worst misclick. Maybe there is a way to change this problem.

Oh, and if you like to laugh about my reaction, here is the video (in german and in a low voice, but I hope, you understand and enjoy it): Start at 14m55s
Nobody's perfect, but I'm only a nobody o.O

My german Youtube-Channel: http://www.youtube.com/gwinnrdominion

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12846
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #133 on: September 30, 2014, 12:04:41 am »
+15

I just bought a Talisman in order to quickly empty the Ruins pile.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

assemble_me

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: assemble me
  • Dominion stream/yt junkie
  • Respect: +807
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: September 30, 2014, 07:35:49 am »

That has happened to me before, too.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2014, 07:37:37 am by assemble_me »
Join the f.ds Dominion league | My Twitch channel

... and none of his posts shall remain unedited

eliegel34

• Golem
  • Respect: +146
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: October 01, 2014, 02:55:11 am »
+1

That's not so bad as long as you are buying Death Carts with the Talisman in play.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #136 on: October 01, 2014, 07:10:12 am »
+1

That's not so bad as long as you are buying Death Carts with the Talisman in play.

It wasn't so bad because I ended up having enough dollars to empty the Hamlets instead, even after spending one buy on Survivors. It could have been worse if the next card was also a Survivors, making me think it actually works until I no longer have enough buys.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 07:12:03 am by Awaclus »
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Tombolo

• Tactician
  • Respect: +450
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: October 01, 2014, 07:02:56 pm »

I used Merchant Guild/Talisman/Watchtower to topdeck four silvers and I'm more proud of that than I should be.
We’ve had a hard day at work, we’ve been looking forward to our Dominion, how can you expect us to play anything else, you ogre.

Elanchana

• Minion
  • Princess of Derpminion
  • Respect: +1013
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: October 01, 2014, 07:40:40 pm »
+8

Today I was trying to refresh the forum and I accidentally refreshed Goko.

Twice.

*shoots self in the head*
Sure it's just a game. The same way that your best friend in the whole world is "just a friend".

TwitchYouTubeMusic

!!CHANGED MY USERNAME ON 2.0!!

Tombolo

• Tactician
  • Respect: +450
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: October 01, 2014, 11:14:02 pm »

Opened 5/2 on a board with no 5's or 2's.  Unsurprisingly, my Bureaucrat/- opening struggled even against a bot.  The late game featured a Prince that never went off despite help from Scavenger.
We’ve had a hard day at work, we’ve been looking forward to our Dominion, how can you expect us to play anything else, you ogre.

TrojH

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: October 04, 2014, 07:08:00 pm »
+1

Code: [Select]
Lighthouse, Ambassador, Masquerade, Trade Route, Feast, Island, Remodel, Worker's Village, Library, King's Court
http://gokosalvager.com/static/logprettifier.html?20141004/log.513f7f9fe4b0434d02d06bc9.1412442104771.txt

A Colony game. My thought process:

"Uh-oh. King's Court/Masquerade. This could be a pin vs. pin game. What shall I open? Masquerade for sure, and... hmm, my opponent just grabbed a Worker's Village. Is that the right move? Yep, I think it is. Okay, I'll open Worker's Village/Masquerade."

"Okay, turn 3. My opponent just played his Masquerade. Fine. He passes me a card... I pass him a card... fair enough. Now..."

"Wait. Didn't I have my Masquerade in hand a second ago? Did I just pass him my Masquerade??"

*checks log*

"I did! AARGH!"

Fortunately, my opponent did not go for the pin. So I was able to recuperate, pin him, and win.  :D

amalloy

• Witch
  • Respect: +620
    • View Profile
    • Twitch stream
« Reply #141 on: October 04, 2014, 07:10:38 pm »

"Wait. Didn't I have my Masquerade in hand a second ago? Did I just pass him my Masquerade??"

*checks log*

Since when do Masq passes show up in the in-game log?

TrojH

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: October 04, 2014, 07:17:03 pm »

Okay, maybe I'm not remembering correctly. But I must have figured it out somehow, since I bought a new Masquerade on turn 3.

Edit: Now I remember. After the pass, my opponent paused for a while, and then he trashed nothing. If I had passed him an Estate, he would've trashed it on the spot. So I knew for sure that I had goofed.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2014, 07:51:38 pm by TrojH »

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #143 on: October 04, 2014, 09:22:53 pm »

You can't go for the pin there, though, since the discard attack/Outpost is missing. If you do, your opponent will just buy a Masquerade, play it once, and ruin your everything.

Moneymodel

• Young Witch
  • Respect: +131
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: October 06, 2014, 11:43:19 am »
+2

Yesterday, I played Hamlet, discarded for an Action, then tried to play Followers....and discarded it for a Buy.

ThaddeusB

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: October 11, 2014, 12:33:13 pm »

ThaddeusB   plays Masquerade
ThaddeusB   draws Minion, Courtyard
ThaddeusB   passes Minion  :'(
Oriol Zen   passes Masquerade
ThaddeusB   trashes Masquerade
ThaddeusB   plays 3 Copper

http://gokosalvager.com/static/logprettifier.html?20141011/log.53be12a0e4b00ccce8075fbc.1413037751404.txt#1-11

Managed to win the game anyway though

ThaddeusB

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: October 17, 2014, 12:05:01 am »
+7

I was looking a log today and wondered why the gain from a Sabotaged card didn't show up.  I thought it was a log bug, but after a while, I decided to read the card.  OMG, it is "may gain" - I've picked up a Copper from a Sabotaged 3 a dozen times or more!  :-[

liopoil

• Margrave
  • Respect: +2479
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: October 19, 2014, 12:51:07 pm »
+9

Not a misclick, but easily the worst move on the board:

http://www.gokosalvager.com/static/logprettifier.html?/20141019/log.508ab3570cf2066fa6659c3d.1413736947292.txt

Throne room-poorhouse is my strategy, and it's going great. I develop all of my starting cards away, gaining all 10 poorhouses. Turn 18 I draw everything and get a zillion dollars, only 3 buys because all I could get was a throned council room. I get two provinces and another council room, so that the next time I have a big turn I can empty the provinces. Turn 19 I fall flat, decide that instead of just taking a province and tying the score, I will instead try to increase my chances of going off. I decide to develop two poorhouses I don't need into two vagrants. I forget that I also need to gain something costing 0, so I take two curses (better than copper for vagrants and for poorhouse). But that's not the bad part. The bad part is that poor houses and throne rooms were empty and I just lowered the vagrant pile from 3 to 1, turning a sure victory into a sure loss. (he only had one +buy and no develop)

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
  • Respect: +109
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: November 04, 2014, 06:43:09 am »
+2

throw a 100% won game away with my worst misclick ever.

http://gokologs.drunkensailor.org/static/logprettifier.html?20141104/log.507c07d751c30da02a09cd1f.1415101037202.txt

Move in question is my turn 17. I was half hoping he might just leave and give me the win :P. ah well lesson learned. Don't assume that last minion is kings courted and keep trying to add 2 dollars when thats right where the end turn button is...
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

noughtpointzero

• Pearl Diver
  • Respect: +20
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: November 04, 2014, 02:02:49 pm »
+9

I had a province swindled right at the end of a four player game that i was winning. I chose to replace it with another province...and then produced Trader to turn it into a silver. I then finished second.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9  All

Page created in 0.13 seconds with 21 queries.