Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Feature Request: New symbol for attack that will outright fail  (Read 1914 times)

rrenaud

• Administrator
  • Uncivilized Barbarian of Statistics
  • Respect: +1197
    • View Profile
    • CouncilRoom
Feature Request: New symbol for attack that will outright fail
« on: January 20, 2013, 11:27:26 pm »

Right now, you get a ! when you hover over a card where your opponent has more symbols than you.   Sometimes you want to share a dogma.  But if it's an attack, it will just do nothing.  I haven't played enough to know if there is a time when you want to just burn a turn by launching a futile attack, but it seems to me that there should be a difference between share a dogma (maybe a good idea), and totally waste an action with a impotent attack (probably not a good idea).

Thisisnotasmile

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +676
    • View Profile
Re: Feature Request: New symbol for attack that will outright fail
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2013, 05:18:07 am »

Well if there's an exclamation mark and the dogma starts "I demand" then you know it will outright fail. If it does not start "I demand" but there is still an exclamation mark, then it will be shared.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2860
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2013, 12:56:55 pm »

I think rrenaud is just suggesting that the distinction be made so that he can eliminate options faster.  If he sees an exclamation point he still has thinking to do, but he doesn't if he sees the "do nothing at all" symbol.

Also, I should throw some f.ds nitpicking at you and point out that you are incorrect, many dogma effects start with I DEMAND, but then have a secondary effect that can be shared, like Oars.

Ftr rrenaud, I have deliberately burned a couple turns so far with failed attacks, it happens when I don't want to empty an age stack and let my opponent get to the next age, or when I have no cards in hand and my opponent has a steal from hand attack so I'd rather draw nothing than draw something.

Theoretically I could create a stalemate with the first situation but that hasn't come up

Thisisnotasmile

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +676
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2013, 01:30:06 pm »

Also, I should throw some f.ds nitpicking at you and point out that you are incorrect, many dogma effects start with I DEMAND, but then have a secondary effect that can be shared, like Oars.

You're right, but I figured people around here were intelligent enough to understand what I was saying without me needing to clarify.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 1.434 seconds with 20 queries.