Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Shoutouts and an Overdue Intro  (Read 5252 times)

Warrior

• Golem
  • Respect: +54
    • View Profile
Shoutouts and an Overdue Intro
« on: January 14, 2013, 07:37:37 pm »
+7

Hello everyone,

I have just reached a benchmark in my Dominion "endeavors" and would like to use this time to give a few shoutouts and thank you's, as well as a long overdue introduction. So here it goes!

I am warrior297. I am an active Isotropic player and have been somewhat involved in the forum community. I have had many people ask me what my name means, and truthfully there is no meaning behind the name. "warrior" just came to me when I signed up for Iso around Spring 2012, and the "297"just seemed to roll off the tongue, so warrior297 it was! Anyway, I began playing Dominion back in 2010 when I got the base set as a Christmas present. I play a lot of games with my family, and when I recieved this game, it was an instant hit. We played it 2-3 times a day for a week. After a while, the gane kind of faded away and was just played every so often. Then I recieved Prosperity for Christmas 2011. That brought the game back to life and added even more excitement to the game (we thought Counting House was a great card!). Dominion was then played weekly for all of 2012. I was introduced to Seaside in April 2012, followed by joining Isotropic around May, then purchasing Intrigue in August 2012. The rest of the expansions I recieved for Christmas last year. For almost the whole year my mom dominated the Dominion games with her clever Big Money type strategies which none of us either could figure out or counter! Slowly,  I then began winning most games due to increased practice on Isotropic, and I now win nearly every game. Anyway, it is among our top favorites with Ticket to Ride, Carcasonne, Agricola, Apples to Apples, and others.

As for my Isotropic history, well, I started in May 2012, and I was just playing casually, not thinking much about strategy or combos or that stuff for about my first 5 months of playing. Then I took a long break during Autumn, then returned early December, and at that point, I was level 14 after the break. My highest level before that was around 21. Early December I returned to Isotropic, with a goal to reach level 40. After a little over a month of playing, I have gone up 26 levels and have finally reached level 40. The past month has been such a blast and I would like to give a few shoutouts to some of the people who have been involved in my journey to level 40.

A big thank you to:

My family - My favorite playing group (we've played hundreds of fun-filled games) and the ones who introduced me to this game

Rabid - One of my favorite opponents who has also given me many helpful and appreciated tips on many occasions.

WanderingWinder - His YouTube videos have provided loads of entertainment and information

HiveMindEmulator - A very fun and cool opponent who helped me increase my level drastically.

shark_bait - One day, we played about 10 games in a row, and those were some of my most memorable sets of matches. That was the day I boosted from lvl. 34 to lvl. 38.

Qvist - Those card lists are much appreciated by me, and they have really helped me when I first started differentiating the generally "strong cards" from the generally "weak" cards. But again, it depends on the board.

-Stef-  An extremely cool and helpful guy, and probably the best Dominion player on Earth (I mean his engines are unstoppable right?) My first win against him was an achievement in itself, and every game has been enjoyable.

Tuyolqx - A new and upcoming player who has been a great opponent in many IRL games.

A thank you to everyone else who has helped me in my endeavor to level 40, as well.

I hope to become more active on the forum in the future and I think I am now at a skill level where I can possibly begin to write articles. See you all later, and now to level 50 ;)

-warrior297

Edit: Just a heads up I have changed my name to Warrior.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 01:36:55 am by Warrior »

theory

• Administrator
  • Respect: +6121
    • View Profile
    • Dominion Strategy
Re: Shoutouts and an Overdue Intro
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2013, 07:46:54 pm »

Moved this to "Introductions".

Congratulations on hitting 40 :-)

Warrior

• Golem
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2013, 09:12:07 pm »

Moved this to "Introductions".

Congratulations on hitting 40 :-)

Cool, Thanks!

HiveMindEmulator

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2118
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2013, 11:29:11 pm »

HiveMindEmulator - a very fun and cool opponent

I'm glad I could help.... mostly by losing to you to pump up your rating :)

Warrior

• Golem
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2013, 11:36:23 pm »

HiveMindEmulator - a very fun and cool opponent

I'm glad I could help.... mostly by losing to you to pump up your rating :)

Haha! No, you gave me some great games and helpful tips.

shark_bait

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: shark_bait
  • Luckyfin and Land of Hinter for iso aliases
  • Respect: +1868
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2013, 11:56:40 pm »

Hey, I'm pretty sure I helped you gain some levels too.  Congrats on 40!
Hello.  Name's Bruce.  It's all right.  I understand.  Why trust a shark, right?

Is quite curious - Who is the mystical "Celestial Chameleon"?

Warrior

• Golem
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2013, 11:57:44 pm »

Hey, I'm pretty sure I helped you gain some levels too.  Congrats on 40!

Yes you did! I will add you to the list. I just wrote down people I played against pretty frequently. Like I have played Rabid on many, many, occasions.

Qvist

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: Qvist
  • Respect: +4085
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2013, 03:33:36 am »

Qvist - Those card lists are much appreciated by me, and they have really helped me when I first started differentiating the generally "strong cards" from the generally "weak" cards. But again, it depends on the board.

Cool. I got a mention too. I'm glad that I could help.

greatexpectations

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1067
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2013, 08:16:55 am »
+3

i just want to know how i got stuck drawing you first round of the tournament, only for you to be level 40 today. the people organizing the tournament clearly had it out to get me.
momomoto: ...I looked at the tableau and went "Mountebank? That's for jerks."
rrenaud: Jerks win.

Qvist

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: Qvist
  • Respect: +4085
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2013, 08:32:54 am »
+1

i just want to know how i got stuck drawing you first round of the tournament, only for you to be level 40 today. the people organizing the tournament clearly had it out to get me.

Wow, he got from level 16 to level 40 in one month. Kudos! I mean I read the introduction. But that wasn't so clear to me until I read your comment, greatexpectations.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 08:34:05 am by Qvist »

Warrior

• Golem
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2013, 09:54:22 am »

Wow, he got from level 16 to level 40 in one month. Kudos! I mean I read the introduction. But that wasn't so clear to me until I read your comment, greatexpectations.

Thank you for the compliments!

Warrior

• Golem
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2013, 10:18:30 am »

I got seeded 199 so I had a tough time that tournament. How did your matches go after beating me?
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 05:45:20 pm by warrior297 »

lespeutere

• 2012 German Champion
  • Respect: +390
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2013, 05:38:19 pm »
+2

299 of 256 players?  :o

Warrior

• Golem
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2013, 05:42:43 pm »

299 of 256 players?  :o

Oops, I typed in the wrong number!

dudeabides

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: dudeabides
  • Respect: +136
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2013, 08:22:42 pm »
+1

I'm just glad that my match in the Loser's bracket against you was before you got really good.  I think I might have won 1 game out of 7 against you since then. 
jsh357: the dude doesn't need to explain himself

Warrior

• Golem
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2013, 09:31:44 pm »

I'm just glad that my match in the Loser's bracket against you was before you got really good.  I think I might have won 1 game out of 7 against you since then.

Thanks Dude! How are the tournament games coming along?

dudeabides

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: dudeabides
  • Respect: +136
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2013, 09:33:49 pm »
+1

I'm still around.  I have a match against Antonidas this week.  I might need you to teach me a thing or two before I go up against him ;)
jsh357: the dude doesn't need to explain himself

Warrior

• Golem
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2013, 10:24:35 pm »

I'm still around.  I have a match against Antonidas this week.  I might need you to teach me a thing or two before I go up against him ;)

Will do! Good luck in the tourney. See you around on iso. If you are ever up for some matches, PM me here!

warrior297
Pages: [1]

Page created in 1.705 seconds with 21 queries.