Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: IGG to win Province split  (Read 869 times)

hsiale

• Duke
  • Respect: +244
    • View Profile
IGG to win Province split
« on: January 14, 2013, 05:30:02 pm »

http://dominionlogs.goko.com//20130114/log.50893139a2e67cff211cd7e5.1358200221584.txt

I really like Ill-Gotten Gains. And when I've seen it on Goko for the first time, with original card art, I simply had to go for it. So I decided Shanty Town is my 3rd pile to empty and started. After a few turn I've seen what I had forgotten about: I don't only need to 3-pile, I need to have more points and Curses alone won't do it.

The bot went for Council Room BM. Bought first Province turn 6, second turn 8 (already with 3 Curses in deck), 3rd on turn 8 (with 6 Curses). My deck started to work nicely as it was big enough for Shanty Towns to not collide and IGG was a Silver whenever I wanted. So I decided it's time to make up the difference and I got two Provinces turns 12 and 13. The bot started to feel all the green and purple cards in its deck (12 in total at that moment) and it switched to Duchies. Then the game was practically decided - I sent remaning Curses to the bot so that it for sure could not get anything better than Duchy or Feodum and built some Provinces and Duchies of my own to end the game on 3 piles (IGG, Curse, Duchy) with 1 Province left and 4 in my deck.

Now I wonder how would I call my deck - a slog, a rush, big money?

HiveMindEmulator

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2118
    • View Profile
Re: IGG to win Province split
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2013, 06:45:46 pm »

If you go IGG and your opponent ignores it, you really end up having a big money deck, since the IGGs mostly act as money, and you have a good chance of buying Provinces.

ftl

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: ftl
  • Respect: +1345
    • View Profile
Re: IGG to win Province split
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2013, 06:56:41 pm »
+1

Don't go for emptying shanty towns. In a typical IGG rush, you'd go for emptying duchies, grabbing some provinces, that should be your default IGG rush expectation.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 20 queries.