Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Clasic_Cards #47 - Dividends  (Read 983 times)

Rush_Clasic

• Apprentice
  • never knows best
  • Respect: +80
    • View Profile
Clasic_Cards #47 - Dividends
« on: January 14, 2013, 06:24:04 am »

Dividends $7
Treasure
When you play this, its worth $1 per different cost among cards you have in play.

• Quite possibly a card that's been posted before. Cards that care about costs could work as a neat set theme, and would be an easy way to slip potions into a big set without them feeling out of place.
  • I cost this the same as Bank because it seems just as strong. The both have their own boons and faults, but I imagine this can be a powerhouse, hence it's big price tag.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 06:26:05 am by Rush_Clasic »

One Armed Man

• Tactician
  • Respect: +88
    • View Profile
Re: Clasic_Cards #47 - Dividends
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2013, 10:27:25 am »

I play hamlet, tournament, had a wharf in play. I now play 3 coppers, a silver, a gold, and a Dividends. I now have $16, $7 of which from my Dividends.
If that was a Bank instead of a dividends, the value goes down by $1.
If it was a Horn of Plenty instead of a Dividends, it would gain me a card costing $7.
The potential to gain very high amounts are certainly there with Dividends, but it doesn't seem too much stronger than (or different than for that matter) existing treasures. Potion cost cards, Colony games, Peddler, Durations, and Shelters ($1 Necropolis) add to the potential craziness. It seems good to me.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 20 queries.