Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Black Market madness  (Read 989 times)

hsiale

• Duke
  • Respect: +244
    • View Profile
Black Market madness
« on: January 11, 2013, 04:22:56 pm »
+2

http://dominion.isotropic.org/gamelog/201301/11/game-20130111-130422-2d98d3ad.html

My opponent's Black Market finds:
- Walled Village,
- Farming Village,
- Throne Room,
- Crossroads,
- Forge,
- Saboteur,
- Mountebank
- Fairgrounds (!!!)

I played less Black Market (mostly due to getting worse cards or good cards that I could not afford at that moment), only got Moneylender but after I trashed one Copper Saboteur killed the guy. So I played some simple money deck with lots of Silver and a Merchant Ship. I should have taken Gold instead of Border Village into Silver twice, but still I somehow managed to get 4 Provinces by turn 17, when his Native Village/Ghost Ship/random Black Market things engine started to work (and clog my deck due to Mountebank he got turn 15). Luckily he lacked money, so he was making extremally long turns (twice in a row sometimes as he got Outpost) leading to not much because of low buying power.

With 4 Provinces taken, no Gold, regularly starting turns with 3 cards and having Curses/Coppers coming with no way to trash them, I had to go for Duchies. He nearly emptied Native Villages and I hoped he'd empty Curses too. This worked quite well, after 27 turns there were no NVs, two Duchies and two Curses left and I still had a good advantage. So on his turn 28 I put Province on top of my deck when he played the Ghost Ship, hoping Saboteur is coming. It did, I gained a Duchy, bough one on my turn, next turn he played Saboteur again, I got a Curse, buying the final Curse turn 29 to end the game.

D Bo

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +93
    • View Profile
Re: Black Market madness
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2013, 08:25:26 pm »

Most importantly, you'll get the achievement on CR for taking all 10 curses and winning. Congrats!

hsiale

• Duke
  • Respect: +244
    • View Profile
Re: Black Market madness
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2013, 05:53:37 am »

I though so, but I don't have this achievement. Probably you have to gain the Curses by yourself, not have them handed to you by the opponents (and that game I got 8 from Mountebank and only took last two willingly).
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.068 seconds with 20 queries.