Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Conspirator chain  (Read 1066 times)

hsiale

• Duke
  • Respect: +244
    • View Profile
Conspirator chain
« on: January 09, 2013, 04:37:37 pm »

I just got utterly destroyed in this game: http://dominion.isotropic.org/gamelog/201301/09/game-20130109-133030-3288e9c9.html

We both went for a similar strategy of Scheme-Conspirator-Market but since first turns I felt I am behind and had no idea how to recover from the opening. I started Chapel/Conspirator while my opponent got 2/5 and started Chapel/Upgrade, which allowed him to get 2 Schemes and 1 Silver from his Estates and from then on he was all the time faster than me - I somehow managed to get the Conspirator split 5/5, but by this time he had 3 Markets to my 1 so I was behind in buying power once again. Was there anything I could do in this game to have a chance to win against his 5/2?

SirPeebles

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +5460
    • View Profile
Re: Conspirator chain
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2013, 08:28:16 pm »

I wonder if it would have been better to open Scheme/Conspirator, and then picking up a Chapel on the next shuffle, hopefully along with a Scheme or Conspirator.  That way you have a bit more economy by the time you start trashing, and perhaps you could use the scheme to put the chapel back on top to get the trashing done faster.  It does go against my instincts to wait even one shuffle before grabbing a Chapel.
Well you *do* need a signature...

Wingnut

• Golem
  • Respect: +75
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2013, 09:52:13 pm »

Turn 3 probably should have been a Shanty Town instead of a scheme. Conspirator likes Shanty Town because you can activate one of them with a Shanty Town and 2 Conspirators in hand and it also allows for Council Room or Envoy to not draw a bunch of cards dead. Considering the +buy available with Market and Council Room, I would think Scheme can be picked up later if needed.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2013, 09:54:02 pm »

Turn 3 probably should have been a Shanty Town instead of a scheme. Conspirator likes Shanty Town because you can activate one of them with a Shanty Town and 2 Conspirators in hand and it also allows for Council Room or Envoy to not draw a bunch of cards dead. Considering the +buy available with Market and Council Room, I would think Scheme can be picked up later if needed.

Well, the point of Scheme is to keep Conspirators perma-activated.  But with CR available, making ST would indeed be better to get, at least at first.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 22 queries.