Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Wait...What (Island Extra VP Bug)  (Read 1813 times)

Insomniac

• Jester
  • Respect: +392
    • View Profile
Wait...What (Island Extra VP Bug)
« on: January 09, 2013, 03:17:28 pm »
+1

So I was half paying attention when I was playing a 2p game against a bot. I decided to play Vault BM with an island or 2 early to smooth draws. Anyways at the end of the game I noticed that apparently I had acquired 3 Islands (ok no biggie), and the bot had aquired 7 well thats 10 Islands in a 2 player game. I decided to investigate further.

The log (provided below) shows the CORRECT number of Islands being gained (8) However similarily to the end game screen it shows him having 7. So I decide ok well whatever as long as the math is right (I decided to check). So I checked for all the Islands he gained sure enough he gained 5.

So I checked the math of the contents of his deck based purely on what he gained. I reconciled that he had gained in fact
5 Island
2 GH
6 Estate
3 Duchy
3 Province

Cool so only the islands are off.

Did the math
5X2=10
2X1=2
6X1=6
3X3=9
3X6=18

10+18=28
2+6+9=17

28+17=45

Huh the log shows him as having 49 POINTS. or the 2 additional islands he got. out of thin air.

I still won the game but I woulda been choked if I lost.

Log: http://dominionlogs.goko.com/20130109/log.505ca69b0cf21ba04cfa2f17.1357761829719.txt

Anyone else have any insight? Similar problem encountered?
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Insomniac

• Jester
  • Respect: +392
    • View Profile
Re: Wait...What (Island Extra VP Bug)
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2013, 03:18:29 pm »

Note he never set aside any Islands either so its not like its phantoming them back into existance.
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

SirPeebles

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +5460
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2013, 03:21:44 pm »
+3

He played Band of Misfits as an Island.  Apparently he got points for that.  Sounds like a bug to me.

Edit: Turns 15 and 17
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 03:22:45 pm by SirPeebles »
Well you *do* need a signature...

ftl

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: ftl
  • Respect: +1345
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2013, 03:35:19 pm »

Ah, it's a Band of Misfits bug. No wonder. BoM has got to be such a pain to code.

ftl

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2013, 03:36:14 pm »
+2

I'll post that on their bugreport page.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9630
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2013, 04:10:34 pm »

Well, hold on now.  If you set Band of Misfits aside like that, is it technically taken out of play?

EDIT: Never mind.  Island gets returned to your deck at the end of the game, at which point Band of Misfits would revert back.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 04:12:22 pm by werothegreat »
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

ftl

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2013, 05:45:24 pm »

is it technically taken out of play?

Yes, it's taken out of play by being set aside. There's lots of ways a card can leave play - by being discarded during cleanup, by being trashed, by being top-decked with mandarin or scheme, or by being set aside, I'm pretty sure.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9630
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2013, 05:49:01 pm »

is it technically taken out of play?

Yes, it's taken out of play by being set aside. There's lots of ways a card can leave play - by being discarded during cleanup, by being trashed, by being top-decked with mandarin or scheme, or by being set aside, I'm pretty sure.

Either way, it goes back to your deck before being scored.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 20 queries.