Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 19  All

Author Topic: So Pokemon X and Y.  (Read 118511 times)

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10722
    • View Profile
Re: So Pokemon X and Y.
« Reply #50 on: October 04, 2013, 05:34:18 pm »

(Sorry about the double post)
Are people planning on getting X or Y?

Depends one the exclusives. Right now I'm leaning toward X.

After the game comes out, we should swap friend info! :D

Good idea!

I really, really, really hope that they have dual megaevolutions for all 3 Kanto starters rather than just Charizard. That would just be frustrating and stupid.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but only Charizard has two. I'm glad one of them is Fire/Dragon, though. When Mega Charizard Y was revealed (without any mention of the 'Y'), I thought it was a huge wasted opportunity that it was still Fire/Flying.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 04, 2013, 05:49:02 pm »

Here's an awesome video.  I can't guarantee, but I'm pretty sure it is spoiler free.  It just shows how nice the world is in all its 3D glory.  I particularly like the look of the caves... man, I bet I'm going to get lost in them.

jsh357

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jsh357
  • Respect: +4340
    • View Profile
    • JSH Gaming: Original games
« Reply #52 on: October 11, 2013, 02:29:01 pm »

So apparently in Pokemon X and Y you can get a pimped out Safari Zone by having lots of friends who play the games. Well, we might as well all add each other anyway. Here's my 3DS friend code. I'll add anyone here who adds me back.

0318-7048-3073
Join the Dominion community Discord channel! Chat in text and voice; enter dumb tournaments; spy on top players!

https://discord.gg/2rDpJ4N

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 11, 2013, 04:42:38 pm »

So apparently in Pokemon X and Y you can get a pimped out Safari Zone by having lots of friends who play the games. Well, we might as well all add each other anyway. Here's my 3DS friend code. I'll add anyone here who adds me back.

0318-7048-3073

Will do so later, probably some time tomorrow.  Also quite interested in collecting Vivillons.  It's a gimmick, but it's a really fun and clever one.  For more info, check out this album.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 15, 2013, 12:28:27 pm »

jsh, still haven't added you, but I really will do so later.

Spent a fair portion of the long weekend (Canadian Thanksgiving!) playing Pokemon.  I try to explore carefully though, so I travel slowly.  Haven't even gotten to the second gym yet and I've caught almost as many pokemon as I did through all of Black 2.  I tend to skip catching common pokemon, but since this was a worldwide release I have less knowledge of what things are rare so I'm actually just catching everything.  Also, my main party of pokemon are all in the mid-late 20s already.  Exp. All really makes levelling easier, but I'm not going to turn it off because the game is still easy without it and it just takes more grinding.  Grinding doesn't appeal to me so I'm not going to pretend like turning it off actually makes the game harder -- just slower.  Moreover, I can carry random low level pokemon with me to passively level up and evolve. :P

Also, I got Polar form Vivillon.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 16, 2013, 01:58:48 am »

Triple post!  My Friend Code is 0748-2612-6651.  I am still too lazy to add anyone right now, but I swear I will do it soon, for certain quantities of soon.

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10722
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 17, 2013, 06:09:04 pm »

My Friend Code is 5412-9998-4485. I'm registering jsh357 and eHalcyon now.

Game is good so far. Just beat the 5th gym because I'm slow like that. I'm loving most of the changes they've made so far, though.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 17, 2013, 07:19:19 pm »

My Friend Code is 5412-9998-4485. I'm registering jsh357 and eHalcyon now.

Game is good so far. Just beat the 5th gym because I'm slow like that. I'm loving most of the changes they've made so far, though.

Haven't even beaten the second gym yet, but my main party are all in the 30s now.  Bagon has to catch up though.

jsh357

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 17, 2013, 07:36:20 pm »

I just finished gym 5.  No grinding and all my Pokemon are at level 40 (well above the gym leader).  Get used to being OP. 
Join the Dominion community Discord channel! Chat in text and voice; enter dumb tournaments; spy on top players!

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 17, 2013, 07:43:25 pm »

I just finished gym 5.  No grinding and all my Pokemon are at level 40 (well above the gym leader).  Get used to being OP.

Do the gyms come more quickly from the 2nd onward?  Or did I just dawdle a lot on my way to the second gym?

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
  • Respect: +932
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: October 17, 2013, 07:46:08 pm »

Do the gyms come more quickly from the 2nd onward?  Or did I just dawdle a lot on my way to the second gym?

There is a massively huge gap between the first and second gyms. The others have some space between them, but not nearly as much. (Through the fifth gym, anyway.)
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 17, 2013, 09:29:21 pm »

My friend code is 0662 3781 5530. Adding you guys pronto!

Tables

• Margrave
  • Build more Bridges in the King's Court!
  • Respect: +3349
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 18, 2013, 06:34:10 am »

So I've spent most of my internet outage (well spare time during it) playing Pokemon X. I finished the game about two days ago.

So... who worked out Lysandre was the leader of Team Flare? I think that one was pretty easy to guess to be honest, what with the red hair, talking about beauty and after you get to gym 4, the Lysandre Cafe with Team Flare around. And who worked out Diantha was the Champion? I think that was a little less obvious. I actually guessed it while in the shower after defeating the 7th Gym, when I realised she mentioned battling the next time we'd meet, quite a while back in the game.

I've been talking to a friend who likes pokemon but doesn't have any of the more recent games about this, and while doing so I've realised the games have pretty much improved on everything that made Pokemon fun, while downplaying some of the dumber features (Triple Battles anyone?)

I'm adding everyone whose put Friend Codes in the thread. Mine is 3523-3415-0449. I'm liable to spam O-powers at you if I see you online, by the way. If you feel like doing the same back, I'm not gonna complain (but I'm also not likely to stop if you don't :P)
« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 12:54:37 pm by Tables »
...spin-offs are still better for all of the previously cited reasons.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +364
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 18, 2013, 07:19:19 am »

I so wish I had the game, but that's life. I just have to follow the competitive meta instead, which is also quite interesting.

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 18, 2013, 07:35:22 am »

Oh, so according to Serebii, if you have the EXP share on, all of your pokemon gain 50% EXP, not just 1/N for a team of N pokemon... I kind of wish I didn't turn it off. Sounds like you could quickly get a big team that's all overlevelled using that. I mean I ended up with a team of six level ~60-62 pokemon after beating the Champion, with no (intentional) grinding, so if I knew EXP share worked like that they'd have likely ended up closer to level 70.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 18, 2013, 12:56:17 pm »

Also, if anyone could tell me the pokemon which appear on my Friend Safari (once you've gotten that far) I'd be quite interested to find out.

jsh357

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 18, 2013, 01:18:45 pm »

I know you can at least get starters.  The interesting thing about it is that (apparently) Pokemon caught in the safari have at least two max IVs and a high chance of having Hidden Abilities.  I am only at Gym 6 at the moment so I have not used this at all.  Got a shiny Escavalier, though!

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 18, 2013, 03:51:14 pm »

I know you can at least get starters.  The interesting thing about it is that (apparently) Pokemon caught in the safari have at least two max IVs and a high chance of having Hidden Abilities.  I am only at Gym 6 at the moment so I have not used this at all.  Got a shiny Escavalier, though!

Oh, if that's true, it'd explain why I keep seeing pokemon with similar (high) HP of the same species! One of my other friends had both Wartortle and Fennekin's evolved form in his, which was pretty cool (and made for some nice Wonder Trade pokemon I guess). I was wondering explicitly about my own, though.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 18, 2013, 04:31:01 pm »

Are shinies more common now, or is that just a rumour?

In all my games, I've only ever run into two (non-event/scripted) shinies.  The first one was a Tauros which died to a crit.  The second one was a Wooper, which I caught.  Both were in SoulSilver.

I'm really interested in what Vivillon forms you guys have.  After I have Fly I'm probably gonna start grinding a bunch out to look for others on the GTS.

Wonder Trade is pretty fun.  I'm starting to catch things I've already caught just to push them onto Wonder Trade.  Mostly rare-ish things that might make some strangers smile.

jsh357

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 18, 2013, 04:33:12 pm »

Are shinies more common now, or is that just a rumour?

In all my games, I've only ever run into two (non-event/scripted) shinies.  The first one was a Tauros which died to a crit.  The second one was a Wooper, which I caught.  Both were in SoulSilver.

I'm really interested in what Vivillon forms you guys have.  After I have Fly I'm probably gonna start grinding a bunch out to look for others on the GTS.

Wonder Trade is pretty fun.  I'm starting to catch things I've already caught just to push them onto Wonder Trade.  Mostly rare-ish things that might make some strangers smile.

I dunno if anyone's hacked to see if shinies are more common, but 2 other people I'm playing with have found one so I would guess so.

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 18, 2013, 04:42:27 pm »

I have yet to see a single shiny. As far as I know, nobody has hacked the game yet. So considering the encounter rate for Shinies has been 1/213 (outside of Pokeradar, which may well retain it's increased Shiny finding functionality), or 1/8192 if you prefer, which is low enough to likely not have a good grasp on the estimate of, I wouldn't say it's likely at this point that it's been changed.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 18, 2013, 04:49:13 pm »

I think I would like it if shinies were in general a *little* less rare, but to compensate there would be multiple shiny forms.  So maybe the chance of an orange-flame Litwick is still the same as before, but there is an additional small chance of a red-flame or yellow-flame Litwick.  Shiny Litwicks are now three times more likely to be found, but each individual form is still rare.  I suppose that this could might not be feasible to do on a wide scale because of all the extra sprites... OTOH, they're using 3D models now and some parts of the models could probably be coloured programatically.

I mean, I wasn't at all interested in Vivillon at first.  I wasn't even interested when the Polar form leaked early (I thought it was like the Shellos thing).  But with 18 or more forms... yeah, that's really cool.  More variation within species is exciting.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 18, 2013, 04:50:48 pm »

I think I would like it if shinies were in general a *little* less rare, but to compensate there would be multiple shiny forms.  So maybe the chance of an orange-flame Litwick is still the same as before, but there is an additional small chance of a red-flame or yellow-flame Litwick.  Shiny Litwicks are now three times more likely to be found, but each individual form is still rare.  I suppose that this could might not be feasible to do on a wide scale because of all the extra sprites... OTOH, they're using 3D models now and some parts of the models could probably be coloured programatically.

I mean, I wasn't at all interested in Vivillon at first.  I wasn't even interested when the Polar form leaked early (I thought it was like the Shellos thing).  But with 18 or more forms... yeah, that's really cool.  More variation within species is exciting.

I approve of this idea.

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 18, 2013, 04:53:57 pm »

The Vivilion's are pretty cool. Maybe I should get some to put up on (Wonder) Trades.

(ps the Electabuzz I traded you JSH was from your own Friend Safari, so it'll probably be pretty decent IV wise. Plus I think Electabuzz is cool so that's a factor ::). If you don't care for it, well, that's fine too.)

jsh357

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 18, 2013, 04:58:04 pm »

I wasn't sure what you wanted, haha.  I need to breed some of my starters for people who try to randomly trade with me.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 19  All

Page created in 0.211 seconds with 20 queries.