Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Hillarious game -109 turns-  (Read 3506 times)

loppo

• 2014 Austrian Champion
  • Respect: +194
    • View Profile
Hillarious game -109 turns-
« on: January 07, 2013, 06:36:36 am »
+1

i just got some time to kill, and had a look into the dominionlogs from goko. There i noticed a game with significant higher file size than the other logs. And i discovered this beauty. 109 turns of dominion madness.

---------- Daniel Greeley: turn 109 ----------
Daniel Greeley - plays Cellar
Daniel Greeley - discards Province
Daniel Greeley - draws Gold
Daniel Greeley - plays Chancellor
Daniel Greeley - plays 2 Gold, 1 Silver
Daniel Greeley - buys Province
Daniel Greeley - gains Province
Daniel Greeley - draws Silver, Cellar, Workshop, Copper, Silver

------------ Game Over ------------
Daniel Greeley - cards: 9 Workshop, 9 Mine, 9 Chancellor, 8 Chapel, 7 Market, 6 Cellar, 52 Copper, 5 Laboratory, 3 Library, 27 Silver, 13 Gold, 1 Smithy, 9 Estate, 6 Province, 5 Duchy
Daniel Greeley - total victory points: 60
Daniel Greeley - turns: 109

Village Idiot Bot - cards: 10 Village, 9 Smithy, 6 Library, 4 Laboratory, 3 Cellar, 2 Market, 16 Gold, 12 Silver, 1 Chapel, 2 Province, 2 Duchy, 1 Estate
Village Idiot Bot - total victory points: 19
Village Idiot Bot - turns: 109

1st place: Daniel Greeley
2nd place: Village Idiot Bot
-----------------------------------

http://dominionlogs.goko.com/20130105/log.5090672a0cf24768aae979a1.1357437327330.txt

If you are ahead and just cant buy the last province, don't expect any help from the bots.

loppo

• 2014 Austrian Champion
    • View Profile
Re: Hillarious game -109 turns-
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2013, 06:50:04 am »

and since i'm at it. Here is another one:

Warlord bot gets trapped in playing warehouses till he has no cards, and his opponent plays bishop solitaire for 134 games.

http://dominionlogs.goko.com/20121230/log.5079ee2dfca2ca7237eeb23b.1356873555369.txt

---------- Warlord Bot: turn 133 ----------
Warlord Bot - plays Warehouse
Warlord Bot - draws Estate, Copper, Warehouse
Warlord Bot - discards Duchy
Warlord Bot - discards Estate
Warlord Bot - discards Copper
Warlord Bot - draws Copper, Estate, Warehouse
Warlord Bot - shuffles deck
Warlord Bot - draws Estate, Copper, Copper
Warlord Bot - draws Estate, Duchy, Copper
Warlord Bot - discards Duchy
Warlord Bot - shuffles deck
Warlord Bot - draws Estate, Estate, Warehouse, Warehouse, Warehouse

---------- Kagawi: turn 134 ----------
Kagawi - plays Bazaar
Kagawi - draws Warehouse
Kagawi - plays Bazaar
Kagawi - draws Bazaar
Kagawi - plays Bazaar
Kagawi - draws Platinum
Kagawi - plays Warehouse
Kagawi - draws Platinum, Colony, Province
Kagawi - discards Province
Kagawi - discards Colony
Kagawi - discards Colony
Kagawi - plays Bishop
Kagawi - trashes Platinum
Kagawi - receives 4 victory point chips
Kagawi - plays 2 Platinum
Kagawi - buys Colony
Kagawi - gains Colony
Kagawi - draws Bishop, Platinum, Bazaar, Bazaar, Bazaar

------------ Game Over ------------
Kagawi - cards: 9 Bazaar, 5 Bishop, 2 Warehouse, 1 Festival, 1 Salvager, 7 Platinum, 6 Colony, 3 Province
Kagawi - victory point chips: 291
Kagawi - total victory points: 369
Kagawi - turns: 134

Warlord Bot - cards: 4 Warehouse, 1 Salvager, 3 Copper, 2 Estate, 1 Duchy
Warlord Bot - victory point chips: 3
Warlord Bot - total victory points: 8
Warlord Bot - turns: 133

1st place: Kagawi
2nd place: Warlord Bot
----------------------------------------------

is this the longest game of dominion in online history?

D Bo

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +93
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2013, 07:20:45 am »
+1

Yeach I noticed that the first time I played the adventures - the bots don't seem to want to end the game when they are losing. I played one in the Prosperity set where I was able to get all of the cities and goons and then I exhausted every kingdom pile down to 1 left and he wouldn't buy any of those. Just kept buying gold. It was the first time I think I ever exhausted copper...

Brando Commando

• Apprentice
  • Respect: +112
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2013, 09:19:15 am »

Yeach I noticed that the first time I played the adventures - the bots don't seem to want to end the game when they are losing.

This is interesting, because it reflects the way that extra-game considerations creep in to most board games. A person, even if he or she really likes to win, will revert to mundane priorities like saving time if they are assured of a loss. A bot, however, has no other priorities other than to win. Take away that possibility, and they have nothing to live for.

That said, why don't they just program the bots to recognize defeat and resign? Of course, why don't they do a lot of things...

Drab Emordnilap

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Drab Emordnilap
  • Luther Bell Hendricks V
  • Respect: +1887
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2013, 09:38:28 am »
+2

That said, why don't they just program the bots to recognize defeat and resign? Of course, why don't they do a lot of things...

Hey, I don't trust these bots to play any one turn correctly, much less assess accurately their odds of winning the game over the next dozen turns.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9630
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2013, 10:03:43 am »

I was playing the Adventures yesterday, and trying to do it with the minimal number of zaps.  One of them kept handing my ass to me - my strategy was to get a bunch of Laboratories and play Moneylender and Militia every turn, but the bot kept beating me.  Then I decided to buy Gold instead of spending $6 on $5 engine parts, and it became almost ridiculously easy to win.  This says a lot about the base set in general, and also about the difference between human and bot players.  Bots are programmed by WW clones, and know exactly when to buy Duchies and Golds.  Normal human players will usually try to build some sort of engine, and will also make mistakes.  And knowing the tendency of Victory cards to clutter an engine, they'll hold off on buying those, whereas the bot will just dive in full steam as soon as they get $8.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10765
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2013, 10:39:33 am »
+1

Hey, I don't trust these bots to play any one turn correctly, much less assess accurately their odds of winning the game over the next dozen turns.

Well it would be easy enough to have them see if the 4th ending condition has been met and resign then. Resigning because you only have a tiny chance of winning is a different story.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

Lashof

• Steward
  • Respect: +22
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2013, 10:51:13 am »
+1

Well it would be easy enough to have them see if the 4th ending condition has been met and resign then. Resigning because you only have a tiny chance of winning is a different story.

Rather than have it resign, maybe it would be less jarring if the bot would recognize the impossibility of its win, and then just attempt to pile the game out (instead of avoiding it at all costs)

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10765
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2013, 11:02:41 am »

Rather than have it resign, maybe it would be less jarring if the bot would recognize the impossibility of its win, and then just attempt to pile the game out (instead of avoiding it at all costs)

I wonder if it would make sense to allow the AI to make "mistakes", to make it more similar to playing a human. Like, yesterday I ended a game on a loss because I miscounted the points. Had I kept going, I'd say I probably had a 50/50 shot at winning. I'm assuming that currently the AI cannot do that. It knows exactly how many points each player has at all times, and can't accidentally lose count. But you could program in the chance of him making such a mistake, just based on some RNG.

It would make the bot a little more similar to a human, but then on the other hand, because the bots can't compete at high-level with humans anyway, perhaps it's only fair that they have the extra advantage of being unable to "screw up."

I also wonder what the bot "knows" in a 3 or 4 player game with Masquerade. In that case, points can be exchanged between players without it being open knowledge, but it wouldn't surprise me if the bot "cheats" in that case and still uses the knowledge of where every card is.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

DG

• Governor
  • Respect: +2624
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2013, 11:05:51 am »

I gave some feedback about this in the beta. The bots should just optimize their own points when they are playing multiplayer or there are insufficient points in the game for them to win. Stringing games out like this is just bad for the human player, and it is the human player who is paying the money.

Davio

• 2012 Dutch Champion
  • Respect: +3412
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2013, 11:41:02 am »

I wonder if a bot will ever get trapped in an endless Bishop-Fortress loop.

BSG: Cagprezimal Adama
Mage Knight: Arythea

loppo

• 2014 Austrian Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2013, 12:33:07 pm »

I wonder if a bot will ever get trapped in an endless Bishop-Fortress loop.

http://dominionlogs.goko.com/20121228/log.50b5ccd0e4b078964eca001e.1356689388745.txt

do you mean like that, or the other way around (yes i had way too much time to kill, today)
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 20 queries.