Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41]  All

Author Topic: Mafia XXI: Another Dinner Party! - Mafia Win Flawlessly  (Read 108858 times)

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXI: Another Dinner Party! (Newbie Priority Game - Day 3)
« Reply #1000 on: February 20, 2013, 10:08:53 pm »

I tried, guys, I tried.

I thought you had some very good arguments.  I liked the part about falling off your chair if Sudgy is scum  ;)

Kooshie

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXI: Another Dinner Party! - Mafia Win Flawlessly
« Reply #1001 on: February 20, 2013, 10:24:48 pm »

Sorry about losing this game for you, raerae and sudgy.  There goes my non-existent reputation!  ;)

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: February 20, 2013, 10:30:31 pm »

Sorry about losing this game for you, raerae and sudgy.  There goes my non-existent reputation!  ;)

It's a game, darling, no worries.  Hope you had fun though!  And you learned something: Always listen to raerae.    :P

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXI: Another Dinner Party! (Newbie Priority Game - Day 3)
« Reply #1003 on: February 20, 2013, 10:45:50 pm »

yay! now Robz's game can open for signups... right... right...?

Yes. My game is open for signups: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7019.msg196101#msg196101
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Kooshie

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: February 21, 2013, 10:30:34 am »

It's a game, darling, no worries.  Hope you had fun though!  And you learned something: Always listen to raerae.    :P
And....  okay, prepare for cheesiness...  always be yourself because otherwise you'll look scummy, and never ever trust someone who's name is a palindrome.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1005 on: February 21, 2013, 06:42:22 pm »

Well, that was interesting to watch. And to play... wait nvm. Being lynched on the first day isn't too fun.

Well done mcmc and liopoil, great scum. (is that a compliment? "You're great at being scum!" Imagine saying that to someone out of context.) My day one vote was right  ;D!
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: February 21, 2013, 06:58:43 pm »

Oh! Kooshie, to explain my thoughts further and why I was leaning mcmc/sudgy over mcmc/liopoil:

At this point in the game, I didn't think scum would want to risk losing the game just to try and acquire a flawless victory. Thus I thought that IF scum could bus with a hammer, they would've done so long before the day got dragged on and on. If the teams were mcmc/lio (or even Raerae/Sudgy, although I didn't believe that), then one scum would have the opportunity to flip to his partner and hammer (in this case liopoil moving to mcmc).

Because that didn't happen, my best conclusion was that scum were already split between the two wagons, and thus could not switch to hammer. This only works if the team is Sudgy/mcmc.

Now, I realized (as noted in the spec QT) that from town!Raerae's perspective, the teams could ONLY be mcmc/Sudgy or mcmc/lio. In either case Raerae knew with 100% certainty that mcmc was scum.

The flip side, of course, is that town!liopoil knows with 100% certainty that Sudgy is scum, since the teams can only be Sudgy/Raerae or Sudgy/mcmc - and because of this if he WERE to switch to hammer his scumbuddy it would not be in keeping with his town persona, since why would any town switch from 100% scum to 50%?

However, things weren't nearly so locked at the start of the day, and I just felt that scum!liopoil would've looked harder for ways to bus, rather than let himself get trapped into being tied with mcmc. As such, even if I had lynched mcmc in your shoes, I would've gone into the final day more suspicious of Sudgy than Liopoil (had I lived the night).
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41]  All

Page created in 0.092 seconds with 20 queries.