Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41  All

Author Topic: Mafia XXI: Another Dinner Party! - Mafia Win Flawlessly  (Read 110421 times)

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXI: Another Dinner Party! (Newbie Priority Game - Day 3)
« Reply #950 on: February 20, 2013, 08:25:00 pm »

that's not strictly true sudgy. She thinks sudgy-mcmc are the two scummiest in the game, but if she thinks one of them has been especially more scummy than the other she should vote for them, also taking into account raerae/me.

Kooshie, when I saw the post where you crossed out teams I just assumed you got rid of all the dupicates, and didn't look closely. There were lots of other teams on that chart that weren't possible either, because there were then and still are only three possible teams. I knew this so kind of skimmed over that. I don't know about mcmc though.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: February 20, 2013, 08:27:14 pm »

I'm not naturally suspicious, I'm towny! here, have a host of reasons why!:

Sure! WARNING: the following is probably somewhat biased. Many of these points could be explained away by saying "could be scum trying to look towny". Nothing I can really do about that.

you say that if a cop comes forward and you are the doctor you should protect the cop. I'm not so sure about this. if there is a cop and doc then there is also a role-blocker. roleblocker will block the cop, so maybe it is worth saving somebody else. Not sure about this though... This makes the cop less valuable, because once the cop hits scum once there is a 50-50 chance that the cop will never get another result. unless we lynch the roleblocker. If the roleblocker is lynched and you are the cop you should come forward and the doc will protect you, at which point town will be well on its way to victory :D.

Theory talk over. RVS time.

Vote: sudgy for being the last one to post. this is only 99.9% RVS.

Pro-town theory talk early D1. Hasn't mattered so far though. I also RVSed scum! and it was only 99.9% luck!

--Early D1 case on Kooshie--

Yes, while I was mistaken about kooshie, I still maintain that this was by far the best case at the time. I thought that making a huge post anaylzing everything a person has said is good for town. Also note that this was a very risky post to make if I was scum. If we had lynched Kooshie I would have been in big trouble.

POST COUNT!

EFHW: 49
Mcmcsalot: 49
Raerae: 43
Liopoil: 41
Sudgy: 39
Jimmmmm: 34
Kooshie: 32
Robz888: 16
Mail-mi: 16

I make a post count. I'm in the middle here. We seem to have gotten unlucky that the bottom 4 were all town. anyway, I thought a post count would be a good idea. I make another one later I believe. (the numbers for sudgy and I were off by one. I didn't count the post count itself for me, and I counted a time when Jimmmmm said "Isotopic username: sudgy". (Isotropic misspelled so as not to mess up later post counts)).

mail-mi: do not claim until someone voices an intent to hammer. sudgy already claimed VT which give scum one fewer person to shoot at if they want to hit PR, that is, unless sudgy is scum. This is why claiming is anti-town and shouldn't be done unless you are going to be lynched if you don't. OR you are a cop with a scum result, but that's different.

Here I mention something that is beneficial for town, and bad for scum. Unfortunatly mail-mi claimed VT anyway, but it didn't end up mattering.

Ash, if we agree, can we have an extended twilight until the deadline after we hammer? Or request to auto-hammer at deadline?

Would also be benificial for town. It wasn't allowed, but was worth a shot.

Final Vote Count:
mail-mi (5): mcmcsalot, EFHW, sudgy, Kooshie, Robz888

Not Voting (2): Jimmmmm, liopoil

With 9 alive, it took 5 to lynch.

Not on mail-mi wagon. I said all along I prefered a robz lynch. Unfortunately, he was town too. And I was on the robz wagon the next day.

Jimmmmm was killed during the night.  He was the Town Cop.

EFHW didn't die. If I was scum killing EFHW would have been the obvious choice. She had a scumread on me, and thought kooshie was town. Clearly killing her was the best option. I also didn't really have a reason to kill jimmmmm, apart from him being a vet and all...

here's mcmc's reasoning I think:

Yesterday it took 5 to lynch, and there are two scum. Jimmmmm and mail-mi are both town, and were voting sudgy. at one point, efhw and mcmc were both voting sudgy as well. This means that he was at L-1. He's saying that there are only two possible explanations for sudgy not being hammered:

a) both mcmc and efhw are scum. mcmc says that he knows this isn't the case, because he knows he is town. The same is true for EFHW.

b) sudgy is scum.

if neither A or B are true than mcmc says that there would therefore have been at least one scum that wasn't on the wagon who could have hammered, but didn't. mcmc says that he doesn't believe this would happen. therefore he concludes that one of A or B must be true. Mcmc says he knows that A is not true, and so he concludes that B is true. EFHW should conclude the same if she is town and also thinks that scum would hammer in this situation.

If I am scum, then sudgy is town. if I am scum, then there was a point during D1 when I could have hammered town!sudgy, but didn't.

Really, right now voting is anti-town. I'm going to be even more suspicious than I already am of a sudgy-raerae team if they don't unvote...

Not liking anti-town things. kooshie did this as well.

d) I am towny. If I am town then sudgy is scum. I can show you all the towny things I've done if you want. :P

Follows through on promise!

Quote: this post. This post is towny.

obviously this post is very one sided. I do think that some of these points are very valid though. So kooshie, if you believe that I am town, you should hammer sudgy, because if I am town then sudgy is scum.

Kooshie

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: February 20, 2013, 08:30:57 pm »

Veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery funny, liopoil.  I said naturally suspicious, not scummy.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: February 20, 2013, 08:31:42 pm »

Post 765 My origional post about all possible scum teams which includes me and liopoil

at this point possible scum teams are:

(my perspective)
sudgy/raerae and raerae/liopoil

(anyone's perspective)
sudgy/raerae
sudgy/mcmcsalot
liopoil/mcmcsalot
liopoil/raerae

Post 771 when you mention all the scum teams incorrectly

What about Kooshie?
yeah, what about me?  Here all the possible teams, plausible or no:
Kooshie/liopoil, Kooshie/mcmc, Kooshie/raerae, Kooshie/sudgy,
Liopoil/kooshie, Liopoil/mcmc, Liopoil/raerae, Liopoil/sudgy
Mcmc/kooshie, Mcmc/liopoil, Mcmc/raerae, Mcmc/sudgy
Raerae/kooshie, Raerae/liopoil, Raerae/mcmc, Raerae/sudgy
Sudgy/kooshie, Sudgy/liopoil, Sudgy/mcmc, Sudgy/raerae
I got everyone, right?

Post 772 My immediate response clarifying the only possible scum teams

What about Kooshie?

There has to be one scum between me an raerae, if we were both town scum would hammer me and end the game. The same goes for you(refering to liopoil) and sudgy, if you were both town, scum would hammer you.

To explain further kooshie/liopoil would both hammer me and win, kooshie/sudgy would both hammer me and win. Kooshie/mcmcsalot would hammer liopoil and win, kooshie/raerae would hammer liopoil and win.

Kooshie is confirmed town.

Post 775 You again incorrectly list the scum teams this time crossing out me and liopoil

What about Kooshie?
I got everyone, right?

You repeated many teams. Mcmc would be correct about kooshie being confirmed town if it weren't for the fact that she and her partner might not have been online at the same time yet. This possibility is why we should unvote.
About the repeated teams, I know, but my mind works smoother when it's set up like that. If i'm scum, we do know that you and mcmc aren't my partners.  Same with you and mcmc both being scum.  I have put lines through those teams above.  Also, even if I'm town everyone should unvote!

I did not feel the need to clarify, I posted the possible scum teams correctly twice and gave explanations of why, honestly I was confused by your graph of so many non possible teams.
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: February 20, 2013, 08:34:44 pm »

Raerae and liopoil... raerae and liopoil.
I'm not quite sure what to think.
Liopoil, IMO, is just naturally suspicious, and his personality just subtly suggests scum to me.
Raerae, like many a person has said, is sassy.  She is right to the point, and that invites people to think scum of her.
Sudgy, I've been going on who's more scummy: you or mcmc.  It's come out as you.  But your suggestion of looking at raerae and liopoil got me thinking of another point.  Maybe this is what you meant: who's a more likely scum team, liopoil/mcmc or raerae/sudgy?  I would have to go with liopoil/mcmc.  I'll have to think, though.  What do you guys think?

I think you have been vocal of a sudgy lynch, I think sudgy who posted as though it was game over thinks he is very scummy in your eyes. He thinks that if he can get you to look at raerae and liopoil you will find liopoil more scummy and it will save him.
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: February 20, 2013, 08:36:52 pm »

True. It's good reading though, read it again! :D

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: February 20, 2013, 08:40:12 pm »

GuysKooshie, assuming you're town, there are four people spewing their views out and about, trying to convince you to believe as they do.  Read their arguments, listen to yourself, but make up your own mind.  Sheeping somebody's argument in LyLo with two scum because you think that person is town is bad news.  We really need town to decide independently what is best for town.

Hint.  Hint hint hint.  Hintidy hint hint hint.

Kooshie

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: February 20, 2013, 08:41:37 pm »

Read what, exactly, again?

Kooshie

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: February 20, 2013, 08:43:21 pm »

Post 765 My origional post about all possible scum teams which includes me and liopoil

at this point possible scum teams are:

(my perspective)
sudgy/raerae and raerae/liopoil

(anyone's perspective)
sudgy/raerae
sudgy/mcmcsalot
liopoil/mcmcsalot
liopoil/raerae

Post 771 when you mention all the scum teams incorrectly

What about Kooshie?
I got everyone, right?

Post 772 My immediate response clarifying the only possible scum teams

What about Kooshie?

There has to be one scum between me an raerae, if we were both town scum would hammer me and end the game. The same goes for you(refering to liopoil) and sudgy, if you were both town, scum would hammer you.

To explain further kooshie/liopoil would both hammer me and win, kooshie/sudgy would both hammer me and win. Kooshie/mcmcsalot would hammer liopoil and win, kooshie/raerae would hammer liopoil and win.

Kooshie is confirmed town.

Post 775 You again incorrectly list the scum teams this time crossing out me and liopoil

What about Kooshie?
I got everyone, right?

You repeated many teams. Mcmc would be correct about kooshie being confirmed town if it weren't for the fact that she and her partner might not have been online at the same time yet. This possibility is why we should unvote.
About the repeated teams, I know, but my mind works smoother when it's set up like that. If i'm scum, we do know that you and mcmc aren't my partners.  Same with you and mcmc both being scum.  I have put lines through those teams above.  Also, even if I'm town everyone should unvote!

I did not feel the need to clarify, I posted the possible scum teams correctly twice and gave explanations of why, honestly I was confused by your graph of so many non possible teams.
Yeah... sorry about that.  I understand now.  i should have thought that through.

Kooshie

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: February 20, 2013, 08:45:45 pm »

GuysKooshie, assuming you're town, there are four people spewing their views out and about, trying to convince you to believe as they do.  Read their arguments, listen to yourself, but make up your own mind.  Sheeping somebody's argument in LyLo with two scum because you think that person is town is bad news.  We really need town to decide independently what is best for town.

Hint.  Hint hint hint.  Hintidy hint hint hint.
Okay.  Vote: Sudgy and I will vote mcmc if I survive the night and sudgy flips scum.
I will be dreadfully sorry if he's town.  But now it's all said and done, and fellow townies, all we can do is hope.  Hope for the best, for the flip of scum.  For the lynch of mafia.  For my reputation...

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #960 on: February 20, 2013, 08:48:41 pm »

THREAD LOCKED!!!
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: February 20, 2013, 08:52:50 pm »

The five remaining dinner guests were exhausted.  It had been quite a long day.  Quite long.

Kooshie made up her mind.  She walked over to where the sleeping figure of Jorbles leaned against the wall.  She tapped him on the shoulder.

"Oh, my, what, wait, who?"  Jorbles looked around for a moment, then dusted off his jacket and composed himself.  "My apologies.  A great butler never sleeps on the job.  But you all, really."

Jorbles pulled out the hammer he kept in his back pocket at all times and handed it to Kooshie.  She walked up to sudgy, held down by liopoil and mcmcsalotSudgy didn't even fight back.  Turns out he was asleep.

Kooshie raised her hand, hammer poised, and looked around one last time.  "This is it.  Let's save ashersky!"  She brought the hammer down square on sudgy's face.  It make a squooshie sound.

Mcmcsalot and liopoil wiped the blood from their faces, as though they were used to being covering in blood, as though they had killed before, perhaps at night?  They turned to Kooshie and raerae, guns pointed at them. 

"It looks like we've got you.  This is the end of the game for you."  Mcmcsalot nodded to liopoil.

"But mcmc, why not let them at least see poor ashersky one more time?" liopoil asked.

"Sure, that works."  He pulled out a garage door opener from his pocket and pushed the button.  The brick wall separating them from ashersky started to rise.  When the dust settled, they could see the overturned chair, and ashersky tied to it, unmoving.

"Huh, seems they were too late for him, too."

The mafia, mcmcsalot and liopoil, have won flawlessly.  Raerae and Kooshie have been endgamed.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: February 20, 2013, 08:54:12 pm »

nicely done!

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: February 20, 2013, 08:54:30 pm »

Final Vote Count:

mcmcsalot (2): raerae, sudgy {L-1}
sudgy (2): mcmcsalot, liopoil, Kooshie

With 5 alive, it took 3 to lynch.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: February 20, 2013, 08:57:06 pm »

Well now, that was entertaining.

Don't feel too bad about it Kooshie, I've been in your situation plenty of times... And sad to say, but it's a WHOLE lot easier to make the wrong choice than to make the right one.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: February 20, 2013, 08:57:20 pm »

Mafia QT: http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/U5SqErUAuwN4

Having trouble getting the others.  Galz or someone, post the speccy?

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: February 20, 2013, 08:57:43 pm »

gahhhhhhhhh, those 10 days were soooooo stressful.

Honestly everyone played amazingly that game. Raerae I wished so much we could've killed you instead of efhw I knew you would get me, it just didn't work to set up the scum team we needed.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: February 20, 2013, 08:58:20 pm »

Mafia Record:

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: February 20, 2013, 08:59:28 pm »

I honestly thought you were jaiting on purpose and saying you would hammer but not just waiting for someone to break and slip up, note the few days of me just shutting my mouth.

Amazing job by liopoil to point out the mcmc/sudgy team I could have thrown it by not realizing.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: February 20, 2013, 09:01:13 pm »

yay! now Robz's game can open for signups... right... right...?

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: February 20, 2013, 09:01:30 pm »

Ash has been nightkilled, oh no! okay, which one of you did it?
I think it must have been jorbles. The ending flavor makes it very clear is wasn't us. plus he was totally suspicious in the very next post.
"I hope Master ashersky is alright. I hope there hasn't been another... murder.

I mean a... murder."

Vote: Jorbles
mcmc, you can go ahead and hammer. then we REALLY win :D

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: February 20, 2013, 09:03:54 pm »

mcmc, post 76 in your QT gives me warm fuzzies :)

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: February 20, 2013, 09:19:14 pm »

gahhhhhhhhh, those 10 days were soooooo stressful.

Agreed. I don't know what I would've done if she had hammered you. I was thinking crazy things like not NKing anyone and then claiming doc. problem with that was that raerae would still be alive :P.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: February 20, 2013, 09:20:00 pm »

Well played scum!
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41  All

Page created in 0.671 seconds with 20 queries.