Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 41  All

Author Topic: Mafia XXI: Another Dinner Party! - Mafia Win Flawlessly  (Read 110251 times)

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXI: Another Dinner Party! (Newbie Priority Game - Day 3)
« Reply #925 on: February 19, 2013, 11:11:23 pm »

As long as you hammer by deadline we should be happy as clams.

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: February 19, 2013, 11:23:34 pm »

If you didn't realize this Kooshie, liopoil isn't confirmed town because if he had lynched me he wouldn't have won, it would have been suspicious, etc.  You are confirmed town because if you were scum and lynched one of us, you would have won, didn't have to worry about being suspicious, etc.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: February 20, 2013, 12:05:35 am »

I need to sleep.  Sorry this is all I have.  Will try for more tomorrow if Kooshie hasn’t hammered by the time I’m around.

Post 798 looks a lot like posts that make sense to Kooshie.  I’ve never seen lio do this.  Subtle buddying?  I don’t know.  It just stuck out to me because it doesn’t follow his normal post pattern.  In addition to this buddying, there’s a bunch at the beginning of D3 when votes were flying, Kooshie mentioned unvoting, and lio immediately agreed and tried to paint me scummy for not unvoting.

This one was actually worth quoting the full post.  We know that either lio or sudgy are scum?  Scumslip?  If not, I don’t understand what he’s trying to say.   

There are actually three possible scumteams: liopoil-mcmc, raerae-sudgy, and mcmc-sudgy.

From my perspective the first one is impossible. Sudgy is in both of the other  two. Kooshie, at this point there really is no reason for me not to vote. We already know that one of me/sudgy is scum, so Vote: Sudgy.

sudgy

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: February 20, 2013, 12:26:44 am »

It's simply that either me or liopoil are scum.  The three possible scum teams are mcmc/liopoil, mcmc/sudgy, and sudgy/raerae.  They all have either me or liopoil in them.

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: February 20, 2013, 07:50:50 am »

But he already ruled the one with him out so it should have been between sudgy, raerae, and mcmc.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #930 on: February 20, 2013, 08:26:00 am »

But sudgy is in both of the remaining scumteams, so I know he is scum. I don't know if his partner is mcmc or raerae.

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: February 20, 2013, 08:57:40 am »

But sudgy is in both of the remaining scumteams, so I know he is scum. I don't know if his partner is mcmc or raerae.

But then why include yourself? That's my hangup here.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: February 20, 2013, 09:15:23 am »

include myself in what? where?

Kooshie

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: February 20, 2013, 09:23:44 am »

:( ....you are going to hammer eventually right?
yes!  of course!  I'm thinking that your case on you being town is better than raerae's case on you being scum.  I'm sorry, raerae, but I think I'm going to lynch sudgy.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: February 20, 2013, 09:24:46 am »

There are actually three possible scumteams: liopoil-mcmc, raerae-sudgy, and mcmc-sudgy.

From my perspective the first one is impossible. Sudgy is in both of the other  two. Kooshie, at this point there really is no reason for me not to vote. We already know that one of me/sudgy is scum, so Vote: Sudgy.

He is reiterating the same point. Firs he says there are three teams and rules out the first one. Then he points out at that time sudgy was voting for liopoil, which means on of sudgy and liopoil has to be scum, since liopoil sees this and knows sudgy has to be scum, he feels comfortable voting for sudgy.
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: February 20, 2013, 09:39:33 am »

If kooshie does in fact hammer sudgy, when he flips scum I will be conf. town, as well as kooshie. so the last scum will kill one of us two. In the case that I am NKed I would like to say that I support an mcmc lynch over a raerae lynch tommorow. If I am NKed be especially suspicious of mcmc, kooshie.

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: February 20, 2013, 01:20:04 pm »

If you're confident the go aahead and hammer.

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: February 20, 2013, 01:54:23 pm »

Ugh, wait wait wait. One more question. In what scenario do we NOT lynch mcmc tomorrow? If we all agree that's the tomorrow lynch, and we don't all agree it's the today lynch (all meaning lio, kooshie, and myself), why don't we do that today?

sudgy

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: February 20, 2013, 02:07:15 pm »

Since it appears I'm going to be lynched, gg, and congratulations on winning mcmc and liopoil.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: February 20, 2013, 02:35:58 pm »

We don't lynch mcmc tomorrow when he reiterates his case on raerae and the defense of himself. I have barely posted because of this very reason, everyone does not agree I am the lynch tomorrow, I think kooshie finds my towny, that would be why he wants to hammer sudgy. Liopoil is up in the air I believe. Raerae you are the only one along with sudgy who is dead set on me being scum.

I have explained before this is a strong case for a scum team from the two of you. Town!raerae thinks scum could be mcmc/sudgy or mcmc/liopoil so you would want me lynched I see that. But you seem so strongly against sudgy being scum. Scum!raerae is okay with scum!sudgy dying but wants to make sure town!mcmc dies next. You saw an opportunity to get me lynched first an just win today. You have also continued to stall the day which is horribly anti town, getting reads right and a the correct lynch tomorrow gets harder with ever real life day we sit here doing nothing.

Also Asking people to give there concrete vote for tomorrow is ridiculous, there will still be night actions, we don't know who will be alive tomorrow.

Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: February 20, 2013, 05:27:17 pm »

I'm not necessarily going to vote for mcmc tomorrow. I'm going to re-read mcmc and raerae tommorow, post things and listen to what others have to say. Then I will decide. Currently I am leaning mcmc. First I want to get the sure lynch on scum, so we have more to analyze tomorrow when we need to make the bigger decision. (liopoil being conf., maybe dead town, who got NKed and which would raerae/mcmc prefer to NK, etc.)

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: February 20, 2013, 06:57:50 pm »

First, I just want to be sure to clarify that I wasn't demanding anybody list their vote for tomorrow.  That was a request for an if/then statement.  Por ejemplo, (assuming sudgy is lynched and flips scum) IF mcmc is night-killed, THEN I'd suspect kooshie.  (Obviously, that was for example purposes only.)

Second, if I'm scum, I'm an idiot.  At this point, I've garnered relatively little suspicion so for me to be so damn loud against my "partner's" lynch this far into the game is beyond stupid.  Earlier in the game, sure, I suppose it wouldn't have been awful scum play, but now, it's just idiotic for me to be this loud if I'm scum.  If I were scum, it's much safer to sit back and be relatively quiet and hope Kooshie lynches town but not be too bummed if she hits my partner.  It is SUPER safe to be wishy-washy because if she would pick scum, you could point back to a post and say, "See!  I told you that person was scum! I'm obvTown!"  Basically, if I were scum, this is the most dangerous game I can play and it is not a winning strategy.  If you lynch sudgy and he flips scum, I will fall so far off my chair it's ridiculous. 

I disagree that slowing down this day is anti-town.  If we hit scum and I'm NK'd, you damn-well better believe that I want my thoughts out there.  Going to your death without saying anything this far into the game is bad town play.  I've made my thoughts on mcmc and sudgy perfectly clear and hadn't said a thing about lio.  I don't regret getting those out there and I hope they can be helpful tomorrow.

sudgy

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: February 20, 2013, 07:00:44 pm »

You better lynch soon, though, the deadline is coming up.  (I'm not saying anything much because I feel I already have and if I'm lynched it doesn't matter much anyway)

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: February 20, 2013, 07:11:10 pm »

And another thing about sudgy, one of the arguments against him is his use of "that's just how I play."  Yes, I agree that's a crap defense but TONS of vets get away with it.  Glooble lurks, Eevee buddies, Robz just generally acts skeazy, I'm loud and sassy; we play the way we play and it's sort of crap to hold it against somebody.

OK, I promise I'm done now.  Do what you gotta do, Kooshie.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: February 20, 2013, 07:50:19 pm »

You aren't an idiot if you're scum. having a townread on your partner is a fine strategy because you could say, "why would I have a townread on my partner?" which is exactly what you're doing. if you are scum you are in a decent position because there is a good chance you will get the mcmc lynch tommorow if not today.

Kooshie

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #945 on: February 20, 2013, 07:53:07 pm »

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!  Mcmc, I do not have a town read on you.  In fact, I'm think that I'll vote you instead of sudgy.  I just wanted to make that clear.  I had a new reason...  I forgot.  I'm going to post this, but then reread a bunch of stuff and try to remember.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: February 20, 2013, 07:56:21 pm »

Kooshie, you should really post your thoughts. It's fine to be undecided for so long, but you should say what you think and we can comment on it to help you. the deadline is on friday.

Kooshie

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: February 20, 2013, 08:12:36 pm »

I crossed out a liopoil/mcmc scum team on my chart.  That was incorrect: it was still possible as the only votes were on liopoil and mcmc.
I was the first to notice this.  i'm pretty sure both mcmc and liopoil were both on at this time, and if they were town, wouldn't they, as town, want all of the facts straight?  Even if they, as town, know that team is impossible since they, at least are town.  I know I would correct it if someone else made that chart and/or that mistake, with me in the impossible scum team they mentioned.  This was my reason...  looking back upon it, it wasn't very good, was it?
On the other hand...
In liopoil's "I'm town" post, he says that his big post on me was risky.  Which it was.  This leads me to lean on a town read for him.  Which completely contradicts my reason above.  All together i think liopoil is town, but mcmc is scum.  Since liopoil would be town, then sudgy would be scum.  I'm still hanging onto that scum team.  I am going to vote sudgy soon.  If I'm NKed, then if I were alive I would vote mcmc.  Of course, this is if sudgy flips scum.  If he doesn't, then it doesn't matter who I would vote for.

sudgy

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: February 20, 2013, 08:16:21 pm »

I crossed out a liopoil/mcmc scum team on my chart.  That was incorrect: it was still possible as the only votes were on liopoil and mcmc.
I was the first to notice this.  i'm pretty sure both mcmc and liopoil were both on at this time, and if they were town, wouldn't they, as town, want all of the facts straight?  Even if they, as town, know that team is impossible since they, at least are town.  I know I would correct it if someone else made that chart and/or that mistake, with me in the impossible scum team they mentioned.  This was my reason...  looking back upon it, it wasn't very good, was it?
On the other hand...
In liopoil's "I'm town" post, he says that his big post on me was risky.  Which it was.  This leads me to lean on a town read for him.  Which completely contradicts my reason above.  All together i think liopoil is town, but mcmc is scum.  Since liopoil would be town, then sudgy would be scum.  I'm still hanging onto that scum team.  I am going to vote sudgy soon.  If I'm NKed, then if I were alive I would vote mcmc.  Of course, this is if sudgy flips scum.  If he doesn't, then it doesn't matter who I would vote for.

You should vote for the person you think is with the more scummy of liopoil or raerae.  While you think mcmc/me is scum, there still is a possibility that liopoil or raerae are scum.  If you think liopoil is more scummy than raerae, vote for mcmc.  If you think raerae is more scummy than liopoil, vote for me.  I'm not quite sure what you think on that though, so vote for who you will.

Kooshie

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: February 20, 2013, 08:24:15 pm »

Raerae and liopoil... raerae and liopoil.
I'm not quite sure what to think.
Liopoil, IMO, is just naturally suspicious, and his personality just subtly suggests scum to me.
Raerae, like many a person has said, is sassy.  She is right to the point, and that invites people to think scum of her.
Sudgy, I've been going on who's more scummy: you or mcmc.  It's come out as you.  But your suggestion of looking at raerae and liopoil got me thinking of another point.  Maybe this is what you meant: who's a more likely scum team, liopoil/mcmc or raerae/sudgy?  I would have to go with liopoil/mcmc.  I'll have to think, though.  What do you guys think?
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 41  All

Page created in 0.089 seconds with 20 queries.