Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 41  All

Author Topic: Mafia XXI: Another Dinner Party! - Mafia Win Flawlessly  (Read 108912 times)

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXI: Another Dinner Party! (Newbie Priority Game - Day 3)
« Reply #825 on: February 11, 2013, 10:11:18 pm »

Another question: I know this has been discussed but I don't fully understand it, why are lio and I not valid lynch targets for today?  Not that I am really eager to be in that position but I don't understand why we're exempt.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: February 11, 2013, 11:00:54 pm »

Another question: I know this has been discussed but I don't fully understand it, why are lio and I not valid lynch targets for today?  Not that I am really eager to be in that position but I don't understand why we're exempt.

You and liopoil are not not valid lynch targets because of this reason,

If you are scum, sudgy has to be scum. If you were scum with me you would hammer sudgy, if you were scum with liopoil, liopoil would hammer me or you would hammer sudgy, if you were scum with kooshie, kooshie would hammer me or sudgy.

If liopoil is scum I have to be scum. If liopoil is scum with sudgy, liopoil would hammer me, if liopoil is scum with raerae, liopoil would hammer me or raerae would hammer sudgy, if liopoil is scum with kooshie, kooshie would hammer me or sudgy.

If I am scum, liopoil or sudgy could be scum.

If sudgy is scum, raerae or me could be scum.

So the best chance for a scum hit is me or sudgy. I understand raerae's flip or liopoil's flip would tell us exactly who scum is but we cannot afford to lynch town so we want to go for the best %chance.
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: February 12, 2013, 12:43:50 am »

Mcmc and raerae, please stop hinting at and badgering each other.  All this just makes makes everything more confusing, and makes me think that you're bussing, or something of the sort.  I would rather liopoil and sudgy talked about their reasons: not that your reasons aren't good, but I want to hear some voices that aren't constantly accusing each other indirectly.
Okay, maybe not constantly, but still...

Two things, the possible (plausible) scum teams are mcmc/liopoil, mcmc/me, and me/raerae.  The only one that doesn't have me is mcmc/liopoil, so that's what I think.  Also, I think mcmc's and liopoil's behaviour have been scummy.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: February 12, 2013, 03:43:56 pm »

"Have you found Master Ashersky yet? I brought down some cucumber sandwiches for you while you searched. Oh, more bodies, *sigh* I will handle this. Do you plan on leaving any other bodies lying around while you're at it? If you do please try not to explode their bodily fluid everywhere. It's hard to get out of the carpet."

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: February 12, 2013, 04:46:27 pm »

Mcmc and raerae, please stop hinting at and badgering each other.  All this just makes makes everything more confusing, and makes me think that you're bussing, or something of the sort.  I would rather liopoil and sudgy talked about their reasons: not that your reasons aren't good, but I want to hear some voices that aren't constantly accusing each other indirectly.
Okay, maybe not constantly, but still...

Kooshie it is very much worth it to try to convince you that raerae/liopoil is scum. Yes, we are lynching mcmc or sudgy. However, if we think raerae is scum then we KNOW sudgy is scum, and you should vote sudgy. if we think liopoil is scum then we KNOW mcmc is scum, and you should vote mcmc. mcmc and I should try to convince you that sudgy and raerae are more scummy then liopoil and mcmc, and sudgy-raerae should try to convince you of the opposite. This is true regardless of our allignments. Kooshie I think you should reread D4 for the theory stuff we have discussed.

Kooshie

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: February 12, 2013, 05:14:58 pm »

I am starting to think more and more that both mcmc and sudgy are scum.  Here are a few reasons:

Like I said before, mcmc has been saying reasons why raerae is scum.  I know that if raerae is scum then sudgy has to be scum, so therefore making me believe raerae is scum would get sudgy lynched.  But it is possible that he just doesn't want too much more convincing information proving that his scum partner, sudgy, is scum?  This is just a thought.  I'm not sure exactly why, but something inside me is saying, sudgy is scum.  Sudgy is scum.  Liopoil is not. Blah.  Blah.  Vote for mcmc. Not that I'm going to put much faith in that voice!
Also, how sudgy's acting... it just seems so vague.  I just think...  this person... because... a reason... that isn't really a reason...  I already gave a reason... Things like this, kind of.  He gives maybe one or two "reason posts" and refers to them for the rest of the game, or something of the like.  They are both scummy in my eyes, but you can never be sure...

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: February 12, 2013, 05:17:33 pm »

Vote Count 3.7:

mcmcsalot (2): raerae, sudgy {L-1}
sudgy (2): mcmcsalot, liopoil {L-1}

Not Voting (1): Kooshie

With 5 alive, it takes 3 to lynch.

Day 3 ends on February 22 at 4:00 p.m. forum time.

Want to note that after today I'll be V/LA for two weeks vacation.  I'll have some intermittent mobile access and whatnot, but if the game is still ongoing, my trusty butler can handle it.

f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: February 12, 2013, 05:28:37 pm »

I would agree that the sudgy-mcmc is looking like the most likely scumteam from my perspective. That's nice because then kooshie will lynch scum either way today. In this case we should decide which seems slightly MORE scummy than the other, and lynch that person first.

Kooshie

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: February 12, 2013, 07:38:12 pm »

I would agree that the sudgy-mcmc is looking like the most likely scumteam from my perspective. That's nice because then kooshie will lynch scum either way today. In this case we should decide which seems slightly MORE scummy than the other, and lynch that person first.
                                                                                     Exactly what I was thinking.  It would be very nice, wouldn't it, to not be able to make a mistake in my vote.    Right now I would like both of them to state their defenses without including accusing other people in it, or making any claims.

sudgy

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: February 12, 2013, 07:49:42 pm »

Exactly what I was thinking.  It would be very nice, wouldn't it, to not be able to make a mistake in my vote.    Right now I would like both of them to state their defenses without including accusing other people in it, or making any claims.

I guess my main defense would be that my "scuminess" is just how I play.  I can't think of much else to say.  I'll probably be a little more easy to read after playing several games because people will know how I play.

sudgy

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: February 12, 2013, 07:51:47 pm »

Although I will say, don't feel sorry for mislynching.  Both mcmc and I have been scummy this game and in your eyes we both seem like we're scum.

Kooshie

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: February 12, 2013, 07:57:58 pm »

Although I will say, don't feel sorry for mislynching.  Both mcmc and I have been scummy this game and in your eyes we both seem like we're scum.
You don't feel sorry for mislynching...  do you mean robz or mcmc?  or do you mean if I lynch you or mcmc and you flip town, you won't be sorry because you both have been acting scummy?

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: February 12, 2013, 07:58:54 pm »

especially sudgy! :P

From my perspective since I know sudgy is scum the little raerae-mcmc argument was very interesting. I though raerae came across a little more towny that mcmc from it.

Kooshie, do you want me to go compile lots of reasons why you should think that sudgy is scum and present it? I'm thinking that maybe it's a good idea for each of mcmc and I to do this, and for sudgy and raerae to show why you should hammer mcmc instead.

sudgy

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: February 12, 2013, 07:59:55 pm »

You don't feel sorry for mislynching...  do you mean robz or mcmc?  or do you mean if I lynch you or mcmc and you flip town, you won't be sorry because you both have been acting scummy?

I'm saying don't feel sorry if you lynch me or mcmc and we flip town.

Kooshie

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: February 12, 2013, 08:06:43 pm »

I am starting to think more and more that both mcmc and sudgy are scum.  Here are a few reasons:

Like I said before, mcmc has been saying reasons why raerae is scum.  I know that if raerae is scum then sudgy has to be scum, so therefore making me believe raerae is scum would get sudgy lynched.  But it is possible that he just doesn't want too much more convincing information proving that his scum partner, sudgy, is scum?  This is just a thought.  I'm not sure exactly why, but something inside me is saying, sudgy is scum.  Sudgy is scum.  Liopoil is not. Blah.  Blah.  Vote for mcmc. Not that I'm going to put much faith in that voice!
Also, how sudgy's acting... it just seems so vague.  I just think...  this person... because... a reason... that isn't really a reason...  I already gave a reason... Things like this, kind of.  He gives maybe one or two "reason posts" and refers to them for the rest of the game, or something of the like.  They are both scummy in my eyes, but you can never be sure...
I've got this all wrong.  If mcmc and sudgy are a team, mcmc has been saying these things against raerae for a different reason.  He knows that either him or his scum buddy(sudgy)will be lynched, so he has a plan.(This a lot like what liopoil said awhile back about us not emitting a mcmc/sudgy scum team.)  He will make sure that raerae is seen as scum along with sudgy, so when sudgy is lynched, the next lynch will be raerae, a town lynch.  Overnight town has died(not raerae)and after this mislynch, overnight the last town will die.  Thus scum(mcmc)would win.

Kooshie

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #840 on: February 12, 2013, 08:07:49 pm »

From my perspective since I know sudgy is scum the little raerae-mcmc argument was very interesting. I though raerae came across a little more towny that mcmc from it.

Kooshie, do you want me to go compile lots of reasons why you should think that sudgy is scum and present it? I'm thinking that maybe it's a good idea for each of mcmc and I to do this, and for sudgy and raerae to show why you should hammer mcmc instead.
Sure, go ahead.  Please.

sudgy

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: February 12, 2013, 08:16:46 pm »

Alright, I'll say why mcmc/liopoil is a team and why me/raerae isn't a team.

mcmc/liopoil: they have both been scummy the whole game.  Liopoil's lurking early, mcmc's hammer on D2, liopoil's trying to convince us of mcmc/me (so that if mcmc is lynched today we won't instantly lynch him tomorrow).  Also, early on, as I mentioned before, mcmc tried to divert EFHW's attention away from liopoil.

me/raerae: Raerae, to me, doesn't seem that scummy.  The only reason she would seem scummy is that she defended me vehemently on D1.

As for me/mcmc, I'm not sure what to say about that...  I've never even heard of people bussing that much, and I can't think of any other thing to say about it.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: February 12, 2013, 08:25:18 pm »

I didn't lurk early. I posted lots very early on (first actually). There was however a period of two RL days during D1 in which I was absent.

sudgy

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: February 12, 2013, 08:28:09 pm »

I didn't lurk early. I posted lots very early on (first actually). There was however a period of two RL days during D1 in which I was absent.

That must be what I was thinking of then.

Kooshie

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: February 12, 2013, 08:34:52 pm »

I've got this all wrong.  If mcmc and sudgy are a team, mcmc has been saying these things against raerae for a different reason.  He knows that either him or his scum buddy(sudgy)will be lynched, so he has a plan.(This a lot like what liopoil said awhile back about us not emitting a mcmc/sudgy scum team.)  He will make sure that raerae is seen as scum along with sudgy, so when sudgy is lynched, the next lynch will be raerae, a town lynch.  Overnight town has died(not raerae)and after this mislynch, overnight the last town will die.  Thus scum(mcmc)would win.
omitting*

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: February 12, 2013, 08:42:36 pm »

im on an ipad now but i have a post drawn up showing the times i have pointed out sudgy is scum starting D1. I am worried the same thing that happend D2 is happening again and this is my defense. I am not trying to make sure raerae is attatched to sudgy, it is just the only possibility from my point of view. On D2 raerae and sudgy kept bringing up my town read on robz and it seemed as though i had a strong town read on robz and that he might be my scum partner. In reality I had a slight town read on robz D1 and wanted to lynch mail-mi instead of robz. On day 2 I very much wanted to lynch sudgy but i instead lynched robz because i felt either it would be scum, or it would show we were not a scum team, my town read on him was legitimate and raerae and sudgy were both scummy for pushing for him. Today it seems like i have been pushing hard for raerae when agian I have found sudgy scummy from D1 and he is the lynch I am most comfortable with. I am worried people are trying to make it seem like I want raerae lynched so that i look scummy with sudgy.

I think what proves me is town is if you look back at my reads and the reads people had on me, I was the top town read of 3 confirmed town members and veterans, one of which is my brother. I have been making reads on everyone, analyzing post counts/wagons, and playing a very pro town game.
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: February 12, 2013, 11:01:38 pm »

Sure, go ahead.  Please.

Kooshie, I'm not really sure how much more I can say regarding mcmc.  If there's any of my argument against him that is unclear, I'd be happy to clarify or I'll reiterate if you'd like me to.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: February 13, 2013, 10:16:08 am »

So here are three of the times this game I have found sudgy scummy and pushed for a sudgy lynch. This post is meant to show how I feel sudgy is scum and is the correct lynch for today and how I have found him scummy the whole game. I know kooshie didn't want us to start attacking eachother I just felt this was a good defense for the possible sudgy/mcmc scum team, I would've had to have this plan all game.

raerae is not mad shes very sassy, you will understand quickly.

also I don't give sudgy that much credit for the post he made

I'm mainly pushing towards things to get the game moving.  And I said you were just being slightly suspicious.  Just asking a lot of questions.  I'm not set in stone that you two are mafia, it's just that I felt doing things like this would let me see people's reactions.  If we got close to having all the votes for robz or you, I would consider it more seriously whether to still vote for you or not.

And if you guys think I'm over-analyzing, it's just how I play this game.  (you guys might not believe me, but oh well.)

He is mainly clarifying himself and doing it in a way I find defensive, I like the idea of pushing conversation along but the end part is something I can see scum saying. Like oh crap I guess I pushed too hard I should cover my tracks with a thats just me post.

I considered not saying the last part for that reason, but I felt like I should say it.  I was thinking that people would think I am scum and accuse me for that.

Wagons Ommited to keep post smaller
These were the three wagons of the day, people in parentheses were on wagon until just before the vote count, both times the person unvoted because they did not want them at L-1.

From looking at this I think the more important wagon is actually the one on sudgy, there are 2 confirmed town, sudgy was at L-1 for a little while, I know I'm town which means regardless of efhw's alignment sudgy has to be scum. There is no reason one and possibly two scum had the chance to hammer sudgy but decided not to. Efhw jumping off wagon once it was at L-1 is less scummy than I first thought because it was her that brought sudgy to L-1, had she been on the wagon for a while it would have been very scummy but it instead looks like good town play.

It also suprised me that raerae was on robz for every wagon, this combined with the fact that I already felt her reads were weaker than I excpected looks alot like scum trying not to make waves.

These are the two things that stand out to me the most and I am going to vote: sudgy

I invite everyone to further analyze the wagons and express opinions.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: February 13, 2013, 10:17:37 am »

this was meant to be added

So I was just going to change my vote to sudgy, I have made it clear my top three scum reads are efhw, sudgy, and koshie. Then I realized I voted for mail-me for lurking. This is every player in the game I haven't played with, I'm worried I have tunneled the new players and I want to go back and reread the other players, I suggest the rest of the veterans do the same.

While I stand by my previously mentioned scum reads and would support a sudgy lynch I'm not ready to cast my vote till I make a reread of the vets.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: February 13, 2013, 04:46:31 pm »

With 5 alive, it takes 3 to lynch.
Day 3 ends on February 22 at 4:00 p.m. forum time.

Want to note that after today I'll be V/LA for two weeks vacation.  I'll have some intermittent mobile access and whatnot, but if the game is still ongoing, my trusty butler can handle it.

"I am on it, sir."

OOC: I am monitoring things. With only me monitoring there may be long periods between a lynch and a flip. There may be a long twilight if it doesn't happen when I am checking things. I will check at least once every 24 hours though, and usually more. In the event of twilight, only alive players may post (whoever was lynched isn't officially dead at this point and can post). If it looks like twilight is going on for more than an hour or so, anyone who has modded a game and isn't in this one is authorized to lock the thread.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 41  All

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 20 queries.