Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 41  All

Author Topic: Mafia XXI: Another Dinner Party! - Mafia Win Flawlessly  (Read 110401 times)

Kooshie

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXI: Another Dinner Party! (Newbie Priority Game - Day 3)
« Reply #775 on: February 10, 2013, 09:05:21 pm »

What about Kooshie?
yeah, what about me?  Here all the possible teams, plausible or no:
Kooshie/liopoil, Kooshie/mcmc, Kooshie/raerae, Kooshie/sudgy,
Liopoil/kooshie, Liopoil/mcmc, Liopoil/raerae, Liopoil/sudgy
Mcmc/kooshie, Mcmc/liopoil, Mcmc/raerae, Mcmc/sudgy
Raerae/kooshie, Raerae/liopoil, Raerae/mcmc, Raerae/sudgy
Sudgy/kooshie, Sudgy/liopoil, Sudgy/mcmc, Sudgy/raerae
I got everyone, right?

You repeated many teams. Mcmc would be correct about kooshie being confirmed town if it weren't for the fact that she and her partner might not have been online at the same time yet. This possibility is why we should unvote.
About the repeated teams, I know, but my mind works smoother when it's set up like that. If i'm scum, we do know that you and mcmc aren't my partners.  Same with you and mcmc both being scum.  I have put lines through those teams above.  Also, even if I'm town everyone should unvote!

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: February 10, 2013, 09:08:36 pm »

Raerae is viewing this thread. Please unvote raerae.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: February 10, 2013, 09:19:43 pm »

I think raerae and sudgy are voting for me and liopoil seperatly on purpose. They are now waiting for one town player to join either wagon and then they will hammer.
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: February 10, 2013, 09:27:01 pm »

well, I am not going to, and kooshie wants them to unvote, so I don't think she is going to either. mcmc I hope knows better as well.

Raerae is offline again. very suspicious. If I had to vote now it would definitely be on her or sudgy...

Kooshie

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: February 10, 2013, 09:51:24 pm »

well, I am not going to, and kooshie wants them to unvote, so I don't think she is going to either. mcmc I hope knows better as well.

Raerae is offline again. very suspicious. If I had to vote now it would definitely be on her or sudgy...
..but you're not going to vote...
I suppose that would be true for me, too.  But you can never be certain...

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
« Reply #780 on: February 10, 2013, 10:10:43 pm »

Raerae is viewing this thread. Please unvote raerae.

Raerae was viewing from her phone and is now on a computer.  Cool your jets and I'll get caught up.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: February 10, 2013, 10:16:24 pm »

Please, you really should hurry.  The rats have stopped scurrying.  I think that means they're planning to make their move.

If you see Jorbles, please, give him my regards.  He's been the best butler you could ever ask for.  Really.

Vote Count 3.3:

liopoil (1): sudgy
mcmcsalot (1): raerae

Not Voting (3): Kooshie, liopoil, mcmcsalot

With 5 alive, it takes 3 to lynch.

Day 3 ends on February 22 at 4:00 p.m. forum time.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: February 10, 2013, 10:23:54 pm »

from my perspective raerae has to be scum. I assume she will not change her vote, from her perspective I have to be scum.

As I stated before I believe raerae has played a passive game, giving relatively week reads as I have quoted. She was voting a lurker through all of D1, a lurker that turned out to be town.

Another thing I noticed when trying to understand a scum!raerae game. She has been buddying the newbies all game, wanting to lynch robz intsead of mail-mi claiming she wanted to keep newbies in the game. Jimm was then nk'd on night 1, jimm was a power role and that very well could have been the reason for his death but killing off a vet fits with her endgame. She most likely didn't kill me last night because that would have almost certaintly implicated her as scum and she felt she could force a mislynch on me.

In reference to kooshie, even though we do not want to cast our votes we do still want to voice who we would vote for and then cast them once we have decided. I suggest we do it like this

vote: raerae I have left this unbolded and therefor the vote does not count but we can keep track and when we reach a majority we can safely cast the votes.
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: February 10, 2013, 10:35:24 pm »

I'm scummy for hammering robz after a long day of people talking and saying I was on a scum team with robz and forcing me to explain a town read I had on robz that was a solid way to tell if robz was town(oh yea he was). But raerae and sudgy aren't scummy for putting me at L-1 hours into the day...

Also raerae you never responded to my post and I would like you to,

I am almost certain sudgy raerae are the scum team, in fact if kooshie or liopoil were scum I would have been hammered by now(unless I am scum I understand but from my perspective I have found the scum team with 100% certainty) I thought this was the scum team yesterday and wanted to lynch sudgy then. I hammered robz because I felt we were getting nowhere positive and with his flip I now know exactly who is scum.

I have made the case on sudgy multiple times, robz a confirmed townie with lots of mafia experience also found sudgy scummy, Jimm the confirmed town cop  and the next most experienced player here started the wagon on sudgy D1 and found him scummy.
vote: sudgy and if I am night killed raerae should be the lynch for tomorow.

Deleted his quote of the post he wants me to respond to just so this post wasn't stupid long.

Addressing bolded areas in order.

1) Long day?  I thought it was moving awfully fast.  How many RL days were we into D2?  I really don't believe it was long.  I think you wanted to end it quickly to get the heat off you.  And are you trying to guilt trip people by saying we "forced you" to explain your read on robz?  Yeah.  That's good play.  This is Mafia, dear, and you can't trust anything anybody says.  If we (those questioning you) didn't accept your read without explanation, then we already knew it to be true which would mean we were mafia.

2) Easy to know that when you're scum. Also, as I said above, you didn't explain until D2, then you just explained exactly what he had done in D2.  You didn't explain your reads on him D1 because they weren't there.  Robz did little to nothing except a little theory talk D1.  It would be all but impossible to have any sort of read on him, brother or not, based on that performance.

3) You haven't been at L-1 this game.  Exaggeration is as much your thing as sassy is mine, isn't it?

4) I don't understand how you expect me to respond to you quoting my case on you.  I paraphrased all of that.  You quoted it and proved it.  You never asked questions.  You never made accusations.  You simply quoted.  There is literally nothing for me to respond to.  I suppose I could argue that you didn't explain your read on Robz as soon as I asked.  We had to go into D2 for you to do that.  I've beaten this horse to death.  Twice.  You purposely tried to mislead town by summarizing my posts to make them sound scummy.

5) Again, you haven't been at L-1. 

6) Yet you haven't made one on me, his supposed scumbuddy?  Is that because the only case you can come up with would be weak at best?  You know I'm town because you're scum.  Sudgy has been scummier and is the easier lynch.  That's why you keep pushing for him instead of me. 

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: February 10, 2013, 10:59:19 pm »

raerae, i thought I was at L-1 because I missed sudgy voting for liopoil.

Also I have been making a case on you, you are the one who has deflected responding and are making a case on me without the use of quotes, you have said all game that you think I am trying to manipulate people and not providing concrete reasons I feel you are doing just that. I will make my point again.

Robz isn't being the town Robz I know and mcmc's defense of him his flimsy at best.  Mcmc is being the scum mcmc I remember from blitz.  He's taking certain things people say and skewing them slightly so they sound scummy.  This tactic relies on town reading his post and his take on it instead of going back and reading for themselves.

Vote: mcmcsalot

Here you claim I am inflating my case on you and skewing things to my own perspective and making people take my post without reading themselves(aka not quoting and using facts)

Sudgy, you are still voting for me when you have said I was towny D1, both you and raerae have found me scummy for my defense(which I say again was made D1) of robz . It seems like you find robz more scummy than me, you voted for him before you voted me, do you find me or robz scummier?

False.  I found you scummy for not explaining your townread on him.  It's also convenient that your read on him just happened to be all the things he did in his first couple posts of D2 and basically nothing he did D1.

I also find you scummy for doing things like this: Taking a truth and twisting it to cast that person in a scummy light.  Por ejemplo, I said my reads list wasn't "as helpful" as I wanted it to be and you took that, did your scummagic, and portrayed it like I said it "wasn't helpful."  I can find the quote if anybody is interested.

Again you claim I am stretching the truth and saying your reads are unfelpful.

Now here are the two post I made earlier and why I felt you were scummy.

Reads, not as helpful as I was hoping, time to do some reading.

EFHW - Sounds like our personalities are going to clash until she figures out I'm just sassy and not actually upset at anything, seems like she's reasonably thinking things through though, I look forward to reading more from her

Jimmmmm - Null, his post count is almost as high as mine but I don't remember anything in particular he's discussed, will have to reread

Kooshie - seems a little shady for the defensiveness, eager to please, lurking until called out, seems to be looking for other people to tell her what to have reads on, giving her a little more wiggle room for being new though, not ready to vote yet

liopoil - seems helpful with pushing things along, not real sure yet

mail-mi - needs to talk more, I don't have a read yet

mcmcsalot - trying to push the day along (in a good way), getting reads out, not being overly aggressive, seems towny

Robz888 - doesn't seem interested/invested in this game yet, was posting elsewhere on Friday but didn't post here other than one post super early in th AM, waiting to read until he posts more

sudgy - overzealous town, super excited about jumping on anything remotely scummy, I appreciate the enthusiasm

So I was doing my reread of raerae, she has pushed hard against lurkers this whole game infact after this post all she has commented on is robz lurking. While I agree with robz needing to post more you also need to post more. In this your big post with reads you say this isn't going to be helpful and then you give null reads on just about everyone. You mention you need to read more on people, this sounds to me like potential scum pushing for lurkers and not giving any real reads.

In this quote I say you make null reads on almost everyone which you do.

@raerae,

2) my post referring to you is not trumped up, in fact I find you a bit scummy for how defensive you have been of my criticism but I think that's just you. All I have said is your reads were weaker than I expected and I was surprised about you being on robz the whole day, I just didn't realize you never moved your vote from him. Also if you care to I ask you to think back to ZMIX where I not just cast suspicion on you but found you somewhat scummy and took advantage of your snarky jokey play style(which I love btw) and pushed until you were mislynched. For the newbies I was scum in that game. This game I have found you somewhat scummy because I think you often have stronger stances than lets lynch the lurker, however I have always found others more scummy than you and would not vote for you with the current evidence.

In this quote I again find you scummy for being so defensive about my criticism of you. And I defend the fact that I have never said your reads were useless only that they were not what I expected.

I have made a case on you previously to now, and I was making a case on sudgy not because he is the easier lynch but because befor now I found him more scummy then you.

I still find him more scummy then you but do to the way voting works I am 100% confident you are scum because I am town.

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: February 10, 2013, 10:59:23 pm »

I think either mcmc or sudgy are scum.  Not both, or else they've got a complicated plan which includes bussing... a lot.  if mcmc is scum, really, I don't have much of an idea as to who his mafia partner would be.  On the assumption that I'm town, I think that it would be liopoil.  They've hardly had any interaction this game, and isn't that a good scum strategy?  A raerae/mcmc scum team just doesn't seem right to me, especially with mcmc being "100% sure" that raerae is scum(along with sudgy).
If sudgy is scum, then i do think that raerae being his mafia partner is very likely.  Like i said with mcmc/raerae, a liopoil/sudgy scum team just doesn't seem to fit.
We need to be very careful here: if we lynch town, town loses, right?  So I'm going to vote sparingly, and please consult before putting someone at L-1.  It takes 3 to lynch, so, if you're town, even voting once for someone could lose town the game.  The two scum could just both go in and vote, before you can remove your vote, and lynch them.  So raerae, sudgy, please think about removing your votes...

1) My thoughts exactly.

2) I defended sudgy vehemently D1. I think that is super bad scum play.  Maybe I'm wrong but if I were scum, I would not so loudly defend my scumbuddy.

3) Addressing the last half of your post here.  We are in LyLo (Lynch or Lose) so, yeah, random voting is an awful idea.  However, if, like me, you have been voting for somebody since before this came up, and that person hasn't been hammered, it seems pretty safe that that person is scum.  Just saying.  And I'm hesitant to unvote.  I'm very confident in this as I have seen scummy mcmc before and been mislynched because of him.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: February 10, 2013, 11:04:29 pm »

Raerae you leave out the option that I am not hammered because you are scum...

And robz has been know to vehemently defend his scum buddy, it is a less seen tactic but a tactic none the less.

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: February 10, 2013, 11:18:02 pm »

Since me and raerae voted for you and liopoil, everyone has been on a fair amount.  I would think that at some point they would have hammered by now.  I think now there are only two possible scum teams:

mcmc/liopoil: They can't do a mislynch because the only people who are voted are themselves.

sudgy/raerae: They can't do a mislynch because they're the only people voting.

I obviously say I'm town.  The only other option left is mcmc/liopoil.  I was going to unvote, but I now am 99% certain that mcmc and liopoil are mafia.  Not only am I not going to unvote, I'm going to Vote: mcmcsalot.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: February 10, 2013, 11:22:36 pm »

Guys, assuming you're town, there are four people spewing their views out and about, trying to convince you to believe as they do.  Read their arguments, listen to yourself, but make up your own mind.  Sheeping somebody's argument in LyLo with two scum because you think that person is town is bad news.  We really need town to decide independently what is best for town.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: February 10, 2013, 11:29:20 pm »

Vote Count 3.4:

mcmcsalot (2): raerae, sudgy {L-1}

Not Voting (3): Kooshie, liopoil, mcmcsalot

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: February 11, 2013, 12:17:35 am »

Alright well we are at that point, I am going to officially vote: sudgy I would vote raerae as well but if one of them is scum, they are both scum. Raerae is right when she says we have all made our cases, we should be here to respond and do what is needed but it is up to kooshie to decide what to do.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: February 11, 2013, 12:19:56 am »

Vote Count 3.5:

mcmcsalot (2): raerae, sudgy {L-1}
sudgy (1): mcmcsalot

Not Voting (2): Kooshie, liopoil

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: February 11, 2013, 12:41:09 am »

Alright well we are at that point, I am going to officially vote: sudgy I would vote raerae as well but if one of them is scum, they are both scum. Raerae is right when she says we have all made our cases, we should be here to respond and do what is needed but it is up to kooshie to decide what to do.

There are two people not voting, mcmc.  Why put the pressure on Kooshie?

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: February 11, 2013, 12:53:52 am »

because kooshie is confirmed town, sudgy was voting for liopoil so there has to be one scum between the two of them and sudgy is now voting for me.
The only possible scum teams are now sudgy/raerae and mcmcsaot/liopoil.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: February 11, 2013, 12:59:06 am »

We have been over the fact that kooshie is confirmed town, at least he is from my perspective.

Kooshie

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #795 on: February 11, 2013, 11:00:56 am »

I crossed out a liopoil/mcmc scum team on my chart.  That was incorrect: it was still possible as the only votes were on liopoil and mcmc.

Kooshie

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: February 11, 2013, 11:08:49 am »

...if, like me, you have been voting for somebody since before this came up, and that person hasn't been hammered, it seems pretty safe that that person is scum....
...or you're scum.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: February 11, 2013, 11:21:01 am »

There are actually three possible scumteams: liopoil-mcmc, raerae-sudgy, and mcmc-sudgy.

From my perspective the first one is impossible. Sudgy is in both of the other  two. Kooshie, at this point there really is no reason for me not to vote. We already know that one of me/sudgy is scum, so Vote: Sudgy.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: February 11, 2013, 11:25:06 am »

town!liopoil knows that sudgy is scum w/mcmc or raerae
town!sudgy knows that the scumteam is mcmc-liopoil
town!mcmc knows that the scumteam is raerae-sudgy
town!raerae knows that mcmc is scum w/liopoil or sudgy.
town!kooshie knows nothing

scum!liopoil is partners with mcmc
scum!sudgy is partners with mcmc or raerae
scum!mcmc is partners with sudgy or liopoil
scum!raerae is partners with sudgy
scum!kooshie doesn't exist.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: February 11, 2013, 11:32:59 am »

POST COUNT!!!!

Mcmcsalot: 81
Sudgy: 73
Raerae: 67
Liopoil: 64
Kooshie: 59

Close enough to be able to say we've all contributed enough. I mean, kooshie, who has posted the least, is confirmed town... and our top two suspects have the most posts...
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 41  All

Page created in 2.188 seconds with 20 queries.