Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 41  All

Author Topic: Mafia XXI: Another Dinner Party! - Mafia Win Flawlessly  (Read 108927 times)

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXI: Another Dinner Party! (Newbie Priority Game - Day 2)
« Reply #750 on: February 08, 2013, 03:52:43 pm »

On rereading it my flavour doesn't make as much sense as I thought it did.

After it's over everyone digs around in his pockets. Only to find a card to the local Italian restaurant. The local Italian restaurant that raised money for widows and orphans of organized crime police officers killed in the line of duty!

FTFM

(still locked.)

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXI: Another Dinner Party! (Newbie Priority Game - Day 2)
« Reply #751 on: February 08, 2013, 05:06:11 pm »

Night ends Sunday at 4:30 p.m.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXI: Another Dinner Party! (Newbie Priority Game - Day 3)
« Reply #752 on: February 10, 2013, 04:10:19 pm »

The six remaining dinner guests were exhausted.  They had passed the night in the pitch dark basement, which at least smelled pleasantly of lemon after Jorbles had cleaned up the mess that was the body of townie Robz888.  Few if any of them had slept at all, and most had just huddled in corners, hugging their knees, staring into the dark and wondering who was killing who.

Hey!  Everyone!  Ashersky's voice resonated in the air around them.  You are almost to me.  Robz was close to figuring out where the mafia have stashed me!

A few of the guests started looking around, following the sound of his voice.  One tapped on a wall.  It tapped back.

Yes, I'm in here!  I know there's a secret latch somewhere in that room.  You need to find it...or force the mafia to tell you where it is!  And please, hurry.  The rats look hungrier than I am...

With grim determination, the five of them huddled together to discuss options.  Wait, five?

They looked around again, and quickly stumbled onto a body.  Literally stumbled, because she was crumpled on the floor.  EFHW, the Vanilla Townie, had been shot!

Day 3 has begun!  With 5 alive, it takes 3 to lynch.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: February 10, 2013, 04:13:31 pm »

Vote Count 3.0:

Not Voting (5): Kooshie, liopiol, mcmcsalot, raerae, sudgy

With 5 alive, it takes 3 to lynch.

Day 3 ends on February 22 at 4:00 p.m. forum time.

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: February 10, 2013, 04:32:17 pm »

I have a feeling I'm going to get lynched and we'll lose the game, but I'll say what I can.

I completely re-read mcmc when Robz turned up town.  I have a few ideas as to who could be the mafia (I'll post it as scum teams).

mcmc/liopoil: The main reason for this is that they both seem scummy to me, and this post:

And that doesn't mean I don't think it's liopoil, it's just from the evidence I think kooshie seems a bit more likely.

Since I think the opposite, I'm going to VOTE: Liopoil, and let's see what the others think.

I don't think this is a good D1 lynch, why do you think so? Like obviously you dont think your scummy but what makes liopoil more scummy than kooshie to you

Here he's trying to divert the attention from liopoil.  It's not much, but it's something.  Also, there is that time where mcmc forgot to put liopoil on his reads.  That easily could have been an accident, but it could be something.

liopoil/kooshie: I know they were accusing each other earlier, but they could have been doing that to try to change our minds.

It could be mcmc/kooshie or raerae could be scum, but I don't see much evidence for either of them.

I'm going to Vote: mcmcsalot for now, but this could get changed at some point.  I'll wait to see what others think.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

sudgy

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: February 10, 2013, 05:01:36 pm »

Actually, if one of the two scum teams I was thinking of are true, liopoil is no matter what scum.  So Vote: liopoil.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: February 10, 2013, 05:16:47 pm »

I feel like the team is almost certainly kooshie-sudgy now. The fact that robz was town means that he honestly was pretty sure that sudgy was scum. And he really has been acting it. Each day he has gotten under pressure and gotten away with it by redirecting everywhere. Already today he anticipates this and voted twice.

Kooshie

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: February 10, 2013, 05:21:22 pm »

I have a feeling I'm going to get lynched and we'll lose the game, but I'll say what I can.

I completely re-read mcmc when Robz turned up town.  I have a few ideas as to who could be the mafia (I'll post it as scum teams).

mcmc/liopoil: The main reason for this is that they both seem scummy to me, and this post:

And that doesn't mean I don't think it's liopoil, it's just from the evidence I think kooshie seems a bit more likely.

Since I think the opposite, I'm going to VOTE: Liopoil, and let's see what the others think.

I don't think this is a good D1 lynch, why do you think so? Like obviously you dont think your scummy but what makes liopoil more scummy than kooshie to you

Here he's trying to divert the attention from liopoil.  It's not much, but it's something.  Also, there is that time where mcmc forgot to put liopoil on his reads.  That easily could have been an accident, but it could be something.

liopoil/kooshie: I know they were accusing each other earlier, but they could have been doing that to try to change our minds.

It could be mcmc/kooshie or raerae could be scum, but I don't see much evidence for either of them.

I'm going to Vote: mcmcsalot for now, but this could get changed at some point.  I'll wait to see what others think.

I don't think I accused liopoil, back when he was(and technically still is)accusing me.
Actually, if one of the two scum teams I was thinking of are true, liopoil is no matter what scum.  So Vote: liopoil.
Look back above, at your previous post.  These are the teams you proposed: mcmc/liopoil, liopoil/kooshie, and mcmc/kooshie.  You did say that for a mcmc/kooshie team you didn't have much evidence, but you still suggested that as a scum team.  Liopoil is not in a mcmc/kooshie scum team.

sudgy

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: February 10, 2013, 05:34:39 pm »

I couldn't remember if you were, I just didn't want to take the time to figure it out when I didn't need to.

The mcmc/kooshie scum team wasn't a serious thought, I was just thinking, "Oh, I might as well mention the complete circle."

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: February 10, 2013, 06:09:13 pm »

Vote: mcmcsalot

Seriously?  Quick hammer, what?  Ten days before deadline?  And in the middle of the day?  And before everybody has had a chance to comment on Robz being at L-1?  And without even announcing intent to hammer?  Really????

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: February 10, 2013, 07:59:51 pm »

I'm scummy for hammering robz after a long day of people talking and saying I was on a scum team with robz and forcing me to explain a town read I had on robz that was a solid way to tell if robz was town(oh yea he was). But raerae and sudgy aren't scummy for putting me at L-1 hours into the day...

Also raerae you never responded to my post and I would like you to,

These are the two posts I made about you being scummy.

Reads, not as helpful as I was hoping, time to do some reading.

EFHW - Sounds like our personalities are going to clash until she figures out I'm just sassy and not actually upset at anything, seems like she's reasonably thinking things through though, I look forward to reading more from her

Jimmmmm - Null, his post count is almost as high as mine but I don't remember anything in particular he's discussed, will have to reread

Kooshie - seems a little shady for the defensiveness, eager to please, lurking until called out, seems to be looking for other people to tell her what to have reads on, giving her a little more wiggle room for being new though, not ready to vote yet

liopoil - seems helpful with pushing things along, not real sure yet

mail-mi - needs to talk more, I don't have a read yet

mcmcsalot - trying to push the day along (in a good way), getting reads out, not being overly aggressive, seems towny

Robz888 - doesn't seem interested/invested in this game yet, was posting elsewhere on Friday but didn't post here other than one post super early in th AM, waiting to read until he posts more

sudgy - overzealous town, super excited about jumping on anything remotely scummy, I appreciate the enthusiasm

So I was doing my reread of raerae, she has pushed hard against lurkers this whole game infact after this post all she has commented on is robz lurking. While I agree with robz needing to post more you also need to post more. In this your big post with reads you say this isn't going to be helpful and then you give null reads on just about everyone. You mention you need to read more on people, this sounds to me like potential scum pushing for lurkers and not giving any real reads.
This contains a quote of you and i underlined point in question

@raerae,

2) my post referring to you is not trumped up, in fact I find you a bit scummy for how defensive you have been of my criticism but I think that's just you. All I have said is your reads were weaker than I expected and I was surprised about you being on robz the whole day, I just didn't realize you never moved your vote from him. Also if you care to I ask you to think back to ZMIX where I not just cast suspicion on you but found you somewhat scummy and took advantage of your snarky jokey play style(which I love btw) and pushed until you were mislynched. For the newbies I was scum in that game. This game I have found you somewhat scummy because I think you often have stronger stances than lets lynch the lurker, however I have always found others more scummy than you and would not vote for you with the current evidence.

Here is the second quote again I underlined the part in question. I have always said I think your reads are weaker and less helpfull than I expected, never that they were useless. If either of us is taking things out of context its you.

@EFHW, raerae and sudgy are both on my, I think they are the scum team. However I think robz has a possibility of being sudgy's scummate as well. If you all truly think robz is scum I am willing to lynch him instead of sudgy but I feel very strongly sudgy is scum.

@raerae, I explained my town read once you asked, I didn't want to say it because I think robz would take it and run with it and I would no longer be able to read him, I do not think his day 2 play has been town!robz.

I am almost certain sudgy raerae are the scum team, in fact if kooshie or liopoil were scum I would have been hammered by now(unless I am scum I understand but from my perspective I have found the scum team with 100% certainty) I thought this was the scum team yesterday and wanted to lynch sudgy then. I hammered robz because I felt we were getting nowhere positive and with his flip I now know exactly who is scum.

I have made the case on sudgy multiple times, robz a confirmed townie with lots of mafia experience also found sudgy scummy, Jimm the confirmed town cop  and the next most experienced player here started the wagon on sudgy D1 and found him scummy.
vote: sudgy and if I am night killed raerae should be the lynch for tomorow.
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: February 10, 2013, 08:02:36 pm »

I feel like the team is almost certainly kooshie-sudgy now. The fact that robz was town means that he honestly was pretty sure that sudgy was scum. And he really has been acting it. Each day he has gotten under pressure and gotten away with it by redirecting everywhere. Already today he anticipates this and voted twice.

If kooshie sudgy was the scum team I would be hammered and the game would be over.
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: February 10, 2013, 08:13:46 pm »

I underlined the part where you said I left liopoil off my reads, I have posted two posts of reads and liopoil was on them both times could you please quote where I forgot to put him on my reads.

To answer your quote, I was not trying to divert attention from liopoil I wanted to know efhw's reasons for finding liopoil more scummy then kooshie.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: February 10, 2013, 08:20:39 pm »

Vote Count 3.1:

liopoil (1): sudgy
mcmcsalot (1): raerae
sudgy (1): mcmcsalot

Not Voting (2): Kooshie, liopoil

« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 08:47:37 pm by ashersky »

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: February 10, 2013, 08:25:29 pm »

unvote

I was unaware sudgy had swapped votes to liopoil.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #765 on: February 10, 2013, 08:30:41 pm »

at this point possible scum teams are:

(my perspective)
sudgy/raerae and raerae/liopoil

(anyone's perspective)
sudgy/raerae
sudgy/mcmcsalot
liopoil/mcmcsalot
liopoil/raerae

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: February 10, 2013, 08:37:27 pm »

What about Kooshie?

Kooshie

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: February 10, 2013, 08:44:23 pm »

I think either mcmc or sudgy are scum.  Not both, or else they've got a complicated plan which includes bussing... a lot.  if mcmc is scum, really, I don't have much of an idea as to who his mafia partner would be.  On the assumption that I'm town, I think that it would be liopoil.  They've hardly had any interaction this game, and isn't that a good scum strategy?  A raerae/mcmc scum team just doesn't seem right to me, especially with mcmc being "100% sure" that raerae is scum(along with sudgy).
If sudgy is scum, then i do think that raerae being his mafia partner is very likely.  Like i said with mcmc/raerae, a liopoil/sudgy scum team just doesn't seem to fit.
We need to be very careful here: if we lynch town, town loses, right?  So I'm going to vote sparingly, and please consult before putting someone at L-1.  It takes 3 to lynch, so, if you're town, even voting once for someone could lose town the game.  The two scum could just both go in and vote, before you can remove your vote, and lynch them.  So raerae, sudgy, please think about removing your votes...

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: February 10, 2013, 08:46:46 pm »

I mean, there's chance that the scum haven't gotten a chance to hammer yet because they haven't been online at the same time. I think we should all Unvote.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: February 10, 2013, 08:47:21 pm »

Vote Count 3.2:

liopoil (1): sudgy
mcmcsalot (1): raerae

Not Voting (3): Kooshie, liopoil, mcmcsalot

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: February 10, 2013, 08:50:10 pm »

Really, right now voting is anti-town. I'm going to be even more suspicious than I already am of a sudgy-raerae team if they don't unvote...

Kooshie

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: February 10, 2013, 08:50:58 pm »

What about Kooshie?
yeah, what about me?  Here all the possible teams, plausible or no:
Kooshie/liopoil, Kooshie/mcmc, Kooshie/raerae, Kooshie/sudgy,
Liopoil/kooshie, Liopoil/mcmc, Liopoil/raerae, Liopoil/sudgy
Mcmc/kooshie, Mcmc/liopoil, Mcmc/raerae, Mcmc/sudgy
Raerae/kooshie, Raerae/liopoil, Raerae/mcmc, Raerae/sudgy
Sudgy/kooshie, Sudgy/liopoil, Sudgy/mcmc, Sudgy/raerae
I got everyone, right?

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: February 10, 2013, 08:51:27 pm »

What about Kooshie?

There has to be one scum between me an raerae, if we were both town scum would hammer me and end the game. The same goes for you and sudgy, if you were both town, scum would hammer you.

To explain further kooshie/liopoil would both hammer me and win, kooshie/sudgy would both hammer me and win. Kooshie/mcmcsalot would hammer liopoil and win, kooshie/raerae would hammer liopoil and win.

Kooshie is confirmed town.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: February 10, 2013, 08:54:41 pm »

What about Kooshie?
yeah, what about me?  Here all the possible teams, plausible or no:
Kooshie/liopoil, Kooshie/mcmc, Kooshie/raerae, Kooshie/sudgy,
Liopoil/kooshie, Liopoil/mcmc, Liopoil/raerae, Liopoil/sudgy
Mcmc/kooshie, Mcmc/liopoil, Mcmc/raerae, Mcmc/sudgy
Raerae/kooshie, Raerae/liopoil, Raerae/mcmc, Raerae/sudgy
Sudgy/kooshie, Sudgy/liopoil, Sudgy/mcmc, Sudgy/raerae
I got everyone, right?

You repeated many teams. Mcmc would be correct about kooshie being confirmed town if it weren't for the fact that she and her partner might not have been online at the same time yet. This possibility is why we should unvote.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: February 10, 2013, 08:58:56 pm »

Kooshie is right, town voting for town loses the game, I only voted for sudgy when I believed both sudgy and raerae to be voting for me(this would mean they had to be scum) Scum can vote for whoever the like and hope a town member agrees.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 41  All

Page created in 0.386 seconds with 20 queries.