Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 41  All

Author Topic: Mafia XXI: Another Dinner Party! - Mafia Win Flawlessly  (Read 108792 times)

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXI: Another Dinner Party! (Newbie Priority Game - Day 2)
« Reply #725 on: February 07, 2013, 04:00:13 pm »

@Liopoil - Since you aren't voting Sudgy, are you saying you think both mcmc and I are scum?  Or do you think if one scum was on the town!Sudgy wagon and the other wasn't, the one not on would still not hammer? 

Put another way, why didn't you hammer :P

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: February 07, 2013, 04:04:29 pm »

I feel both of you being scum is a real possibility at least, and that not hammering could be a valid strategy as scum.

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: February 07, 2013, 06:35:15 pm »

when scum is under pressure they really want to redirect the attention to somebody else.

here's mcmc's reasoning I think:

Yesterday it took 5 to lynch, and there are two scum. Jimmmmm and mail-mi are both town, and were voting sudgy. at one point, efhw and mcmc were both voting sudgy as well. This means that he was at L-1. He's saying that there are only two possible explanations for sudgy not being hammered:

a) both mcmc and efhw are scum. mcmc says that he knows this isn't the case, because he knows he is town. The same is true for EFHW.

b) sudgy is scum.

if neither A or B are true than mcmc says that there would therefore have been at least one scum that wasn't on the wagon who could have hammered, but didn't. mcmc says that he doesn't believe this would happen. therefore he concludes that one of A or B must be true. Mcmc says he knows that A is not true, and so he concludes that B is true. EFHW should conclude the same if she is town and also thinks that scum would hammer in this situation.

Still, it would be suspicious for scum to hammer early (usually), and Robz wasn't doing much anyway.  I'm thinking either Robz didn't want to yet/didn't notice (he wasn't doing much anyway).
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

sudgy

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: February 07, 2013, 06:37:07 pm »

I feel both of you being scum is a real possibility at least, and that not hammering could be a valid strategy as scum.

I think EFHW is town because she got off the wagon.  Scum wouldn't do that (unless they were trying to make me think as I am now).  Also, nothing she's said has been particularly scummy to me.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXI: Another Dinner Party! (Newbie Priority Game - Day 1)
« Reply #729 on: February 07, 2013, 06:37:48 pm »

Vote Count 2.4:

sudgy (2): Robz888, mcmcsalot
mcmcsalot (2): sudgy, raerae
Robz888 (2): EFHW, liopoil

Not Voting (1): Kooshie

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.

Day 2 will end at 7:00 p.m. on Sunday, February 17.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: February 07, 2013, 06:49:28 pm »

Sudgy, you are still voting for me when you have said I was towny D1, both you and raerae have found me scummy for my defense(which I say again was made D1) of robz . It seems like you find robz more scummy than me, you voted for him before you voted me, do you find me or robz scummier?
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

sudgy

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: February 07, 2013, 07:27:55 pm »

Sudgy, you are still voting for me when you have said I was towny D1, both you and raerae have found me scummy for my defense(which I say again was made D1) of robz . It seems like you find robz more scummy than me, you voted for him before you voted me, do you find me or robz scummier?

In D1 I said you seemed a bit too suspiciously towny.  I find you just a slight bit more scummy than Robz, but you're both close.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: February 07, 2013, 07:48:43 pm »

So robz play this day has been off to me, he came out hard on sudgy with very little reasoning, something I don't find helpfull as opposed to the way I laid my case out on him. Bussing properly is something that can turn a game around completely for a scum team and I think what robz is doing looks like veteran scum doing just that. I think he saw what I did and knew sudgy would come under fire today, they are very possibly the scum team. Also sudgy's reluctance to vote robz instead of me confirms this, I think a newbie would not be as comfortable bussing and would much rather push a lynch on me than his scum mate.

I still think raerae is also a good match for a scum partner with sudgy,
sudgy - overzealous town, super excited about jumping on anything remotely scummy, I appreciate the enthusiasm
This quote specifically looks like an easy way for raerae to not only have a town read on her partner but make excuses for his scummy play.

This is my opinion and I think sudgy would be the best lynch because he is most likely scum to me but we do not lose if we lynch town today so I am willing to lynch one of the other two if people prefer.
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113

sudgy

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: February 07, 2013, 08:01:41 pm »

So robz play this day has been off to me, he came out hard on sudgy with very little reasoning, something I don't find helpfull as opposed to the way I laid my case out on him. Bussing properly is something that can turn a game around completely for a scum team and I think what robz is doing looks like veteran scum doing just that.

You could be doing the same thing obviously...

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: February 07, 2013, 09:49:01 pm »

And I find raerae scummy for defending sudgy.

Also, sudgy's opening post today was SO staged.

For defending him period or the way I defended him or the actual reasoning behind my defense?  That was a super vague reason to find me scummy.

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
« Reply #735 on: February 07, 2013, 10:04:27 pm »

False.  I found you scummy for not explaining your townread on him.  It's also convenient that your read on him just happened to be all the things he did in his first couple posts of D2 and basically nothing he did D1.

I also find you scummy for doing things like this: Taking a truth and twisting it to cast that person in a scummy light.  Por ejemplo, I said my reads list wasn't "as helpful" as I wanted it to be and you took that, did your scummagic, and portrayed it like I said it "wasn't helpful."  I can find the quote if anybody is interested.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: February 07, 2013, 10:20:49 pm »

Vote Count 2.3:

Notice that Robz and mcmc are both on sudgy, while everyone else is on either Robz or mcmc.  I think we have a Robz/mcmc team here.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: February 07, 2013, 10:31:14 pm »

These are the two posts I made about you being scummy.

Reads, not as helpful as I was hoping, time to do some reading.

EFHW - Sounds like our personalities are going to clash until she figures out I'm just sassy and not actually upset at anything, seems like she's reasonably thinking things through though, I look forward to reading more from her

Jimmmmm - Null, his post count is almost as high as mine but I don't remember anything in particular he's discussed, will have to reread

Kooshie - seems a little shady for the defensiveness, eager to please, lurking until called out, seems to be looking for other people to tell her what to have reads on, giving her a little more wiggle room for being new though, not ready to vote yet

liopoil - seems helpful with pushing things along, not real sure yet

mail-mi - needs to talk more, I don't have a read yet

mcmcsalot - trying to push the day along (in a good way), getting reads out, not being overly aggressive, seems towny

Robz888 - doesn't seem interested/invested in this game yet, was posting elsewhere on Friday but didn't post here other than one post super early in th AM, waiting to read until he posts more

sudgy - overzealous town, super excited about jumping on anything remotely scummy, I appreciate the enthusiasm

So I was doing my reread of raerae, she has pushed hard against lurkers this whole game infact after this post all she has commented on is robz lurking. While I agree with robz needing to post more you also need to post more. In this your big post with reads you say this isn't going to be helpful and then you give null reads on just about everyone. You mention you need to read more on people, this sounds to me like potential scum pushing for lurkers and not giving any real reads.
This contains a quote of you and i underlined point in question

@raerae,

2) my post referring to you is not trumped up, in fact I find you a bit scummy for how defensive you have been of my criticism but I think that's just you. All I have said is your reads were weaker than I expected and I was surprised about you being on robz the whole day, I just didn't realize you never moved your vote from him. Also if you care to I ask you to think back to ZMIX where I not just cast suspicion on you but found you somewhat scummy and took advantage of your snarky jokey play style(which I love btw) and pushed until you were mislynched. For the newbies I was scum in that game. This game I have found you somewhat scummy because I think you often have stronger stances than lets lynch the lurker, however I have always found others more scummy than you and would not vote for you with the current evidence.

Here is the second quote again I underlined the part in question. I have always said I think your reads are weaker and less helpfull than I expected, never that they were useless. If either of us is taking things out of context its you.

@EFHW, raerae and sudgy are both on my, I think they are the scum team. However I think robz has a possibility of being sudgy's scummate as well. If you all truly think robz is scum I am willing to lynch him instead of sudgy but I feel very strongly sudgy is scum.

@raerae, I explained my town read once you asked, I didn't want to say it because I think robz would take it and run with it and I would no longer be able to read him, I do not think his day 2 play has been town!robz.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: February 07, 2013, 11:19:47 pm »

We do NOT have a Robz/mcmc team!
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

sudgy

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: February 07, 2013, 11:33:23 pm »

For defending him period or the way I defended him or the actual reasoning behind my defense?  That was a super vague reason to find me scummy.

It's for defending someone he thinks is scum.

Also, I'm pretty certain it's Robz/mcmc.  I'll be fine lynching either one, but I won't throw the hammer if I can until the end of the day.

Kooshie

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: February 08, 2013, 12:44:19 pm »

It's for defending someone he thinks is scum.

Also, I'm pretty certain it's Robz/mcmc.  I'll be fine lynching either one, but I won't throw the hammer if I can until the end of the day.
Throw the hammer?  Neither of them are at L-1, and you already voted.  What do you mean?

Kooshie

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: February 08, 2013, 12:45:36 pm »

We do NOT have a Robz/mcmc team!
Flat-out denying, I think, isn't sufficient.  Please give reasons!

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: February 08, 2013, 12:54:44 pm »

I'll be fine lynching either one, but I won't throw the hammer if I can until the end of the day.
Throw the hammer?  Neither of them are at L-1, and you already voted.  What do you mean?

well, he can only be voting for one of them. He is referring to a situation in which he COULD throw the hammer. He says that he would wait until nearer the deadline I think.

we have two votes on each of the three main suspects. Kooshie, you are the only one not voting. You have been discussing things without taking a side. FoS. (for what it's worth, Kooshie is still near the top if not at the top of my scumreads. Nobody seems to agree with me so I haven't pushed it, or bothered voting)

Kooshie

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: February 08, 2013, 01:41:13 pm »

Vote Count 2.3:

Notice that Robz and mcmc are both on sudgy, while everyone else is on either Robz or mcmc.  I think we have a Robz/mcmc team here.
Yes, many people are on Robz or mcmc, but you can't always go with majority.  Any of those people voting could be scum trying to get people to sheep along.  They could be a scum team on the same person, or a scum team on different people.  It would be more strategic to go separately as to not put suspicion upon themselves as a scum team, right?  But then there is also the possibility that if they both go on someone, then people who really have no idea would just go along with them because they have two people voting for one person.  But that would only work if they weren't tied or behind in votes for that person they were voting for.  So for now I would put all that much faith in majority.

However, I do agree that a mcmc/Robz scum team is very likely.  On D1 mcmc saying that he saw something that made Robz strike him as town, and he could read Robz because he was Robz's brother. Then Robz saying things without reasons, and mcmc "regretfully" saying that what he saw was Robz saying things without reasons, which apparently he does when he's town to see who sheeps along.  Then, when I think no one was voting, besides Robz on sudgy, mcmc made that post on sudgy and voted for him.  The strategy I mentioned above, possibly?  Of course, now that they've been on sudgy for so long, they can't go off him because, for one, they would go to themselves, as they are the two people with the most votes apart from sudgy.  Also, like I think mcmc himself said, if you're voting for someone for so long, if you suddenly go off them, it's scummy.

Of course, this is all from the perspective of me as town.  If I were scum, it would be very different.  I think I'm ready to vote now, for either Robz or mcmc.  I'll do Vote: Robz for now, but I might change it to mcmc.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: February 08, 2013, 02:34:05 pm »

Vote Count 2.5:

Robz888 (3): EFHW, liopoil, Kooshie [L - 1]

Day 2 will end at 7:00 p.m. on Sunday, February 17.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: February 08, 2013, 03:02:13 pm »

I am a Vanilla Townie.

Killing me would be a mistake, albeit an instructive one.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: February 08, 2013, 03:25:02 pm »

I am willing to lynch robz as we can afford one more mislynch, it is possible he is scum teamed with sudgy, I think it is much more likely that the team is sudgy raerae and either way I wish it was sudgy we were lynching but if this is the lynch people believe in I will go with it in the hopes I am wrong about robz.
vote: Robz888

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: February 08, 2013, 03:30:15 pm »

Thread locked.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: February 08, 2013, 03:45:50 pm »

Day 2 lynch!

sudgy (1): Robz888
Robz888 (4): EFHW, liopoil, Kooshie, mcmcsalot

Robz888 speaks up. I think I know where ashersky's voice is coming from. He leads everyone down a twisty passage.

"Be careful in the basement. It's easy to get lost down there," said Jorbles.

And get lost everyone did. Deep in ashersky's mansion's basement they wandered for what seemed like hours unable to find their way to ashersky or back up to the main floor.

EFHW tapped liopoil on the shoulder. "I think Robz888 is getting us lost on purpose."

Kooshie and mcmcsalot leaned in. "I think so too," said Kooshie.
mcmcsalot nodded and added, "Let's get him, only someone in the mafia would get us lost on purpose."

While everyone else argued about where to go, the 4 of them snuck up on Robz888.

"I think that we came from over here," said Robz888 distractedly, as they crept up from behind.

"GETHIM!" someone shouted. Robz888 was surprised to find that he was about to be beaten to death. The sickening thump of fists and booted feet pummeled the life out of him.

After it's over everyone digs around in his pockets. Only to find a card to the local Italian restaurant. The local Italian restaurant that raised money for widows and orphans of police officers killed in the line of duty!

Robz888, the Vanilla Townie, has been killed.

ashersky will post deadlines when he gets online.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 04:01:52 pm by ashersky »

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: February 08, 2013, 03:46:20 pm »

Thread is still locked until D3 starts.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 41  All

Page created in 0.177 seconds with 20 queries.