Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 41  All

Author Topic: Mafia XXI: Another Dinner Party! - Mafia Win Flawlessly  (Read 108793 times)

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXI: Another Dinner Party! (Newbie Priority Game - Day 1)
« Reply #600 on: January 31, 2013, 05:38:28 pm »

mail-mi: do not claim until someone voices an intent to hammer. sudgy already claimed VT which give scum one fewer person to shoot at if they want to hit PR, that is, unless sudgy is scum. This is why claiming is anti-town and shouldn't be done unless you are going to be lynched if you don't. OR you are a cop with a scum result, but that's different.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: January 31, 2013, 07:50:44 pm »

Blah, I'm sorry I have been the most unhelpful vet ever, guys. Good thing Jimm, raerae, and mcmc are all making worthy contributions. I need to re-read this whole thing, I can't tell the new players apart from each other. I just haven't had time yet, I'm sorry. Deadline isn't soon, is it?
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: January 31, 2013, 07:52:45 pm »

not till monday robz you've got time.
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: February 01, 2013, 03:21:09 pm »

Oh good in the course of 1 and a half pages I've been put at L-1. I'm sorry guys, I haven't been posting as much info as I should. I post when I can. Here's my defense: I'm a Vanilla Townie. I know I've been "lurking," but if we want to get a lurker, we should get Robz, because he's posted almost no information. I've given reads and reasons for putting people as scum. I've put up my case against liopoil, he's been tunneling Kooshie and a little bit overdefending. I've done what I want to do.

I am a VT.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: February 01, 2013, 03:33:56 pm »

I know I've been "lurking," but if we want to get a lurker, we should get Robz, because he's posted almost no information.
Well, at least he's been posting less info than me.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Kooshie

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: February 01, 2013, 04:10:38 pm »

...Liopoil advocated against lynching him, and mail-mi voted to lynch Liopoil.

mail-mi has posted his reasons for voting liopoil, but personally, I think I did those things more than liopoil.  We don't have too much to discuss right now, so I'm going to add something.  Could mail-mi be bussing?  Wouldn't he welcome any case to help him?  I'm going to use one of those chart things I like. If..

mail-mi: scum liopoil: scum; then look above.  Basically, liopoil is trying to inconspicuously save mail-mi, and mail-mi is bussing
mail-mi: town liopoil: scum; I find this very unlikely.  Liopoil, being scum, would know that mail-mi was town, and would welcome this easy lynch of town.  Possibly he would say no, but gradually change his mind, but probably not.
mail-mi: scum liopoil: town; also look above.  Wouldn't mail-mi welcome someone who thinks that he's not scum?  Liopoil would just be scum hunting, and would be sincerely thinkining that mail-mi was town.
mail-mi: town liopoil: town; then liopoil is scum hunting, and mail-mi has been lurking, repeating things people have said, and the like. Like Kooshie used to do, except she came back earlier and said more original things.  But still, very similar.

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: February 01, 2013, 04:18:21 pm »

mail-mi has posted his reasons for voting liopoil, but personally, I think I did those things more than liopoil.  We don't have too much to discuss right now, so I'm going to add something.  Could mail-mi be bussing?  Wouldn't he welcome any case to help him?  I'm going to use one of those chart things I like. If..

mail-mi: scum liopoil: scum; then look above.  Basically, liopoil is trying to inconspicuously save mail-mi, and mail-mi is bussing
mail-mi: town liopoil: scum; I find this very unlikely.  Liopoil, being scum, would know that mail-mi was town, and would welcome this easy lynch of town.  Possibly he would say no, but gradually change his mind, but probably not.
mail-mi: scum liopoil: town; also look above.  Wouldn't mail-mi welcome someone who thinks that he's not scum?  Liopoil would just be scum hunting, and would be sincerely thinkining that mail-mi was town.
mail-mi: town liopoil: town; then liopoil is scum hunting, and mail-mi has been lurking, repeating things people have said, and the like. Like Kooshie used to do, except she came back earlier and said more original things.  But still, very similar.

I have had thoughts of it being Liopoil/mail-mi, but I didn't want to say anything yet.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: February 01, 2013, 04:25:52 pm »

"Mmmmmm the weekend approaches. As a butler I have had no time off for 37 years. This weekend since I find myself technically unemployed I think I will take a 2 day vacation. Please let me know if you need anything before I leave. While I am out please do not steal the fine china or make appointments with any salespeople who come calling."

Kooshie

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: February 01, 2013, 04:39:55 pm »

I have had thoughts of it being Liopoil/mail-mi, but I didn't want to say anything yet.
why not?

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: February 01, 2013, 04:58:29 pm »

I am a VT.

I believe I asked you not to claim, because claiming hurts town. Even if you disagree with my reasoning you should have posted why. I am inclined to think that you are not reading the thread very carefully, because of this and other things such as you thinking I am female.  While I think robz is more likely to flip scum than you, you are helping town less.  If you and sudgy are both town than scum now only has 5 people to shoot at for the PR, 4 if we lynch a different VT.

Your claim also makes you more likely to be lynched, as we now know we won't be lynching (one of) our PR.

I'm really considering hammering now.

sudgy

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: February 01, 2013, 05:08:51 pm »

why not?

Saying what you think will sometimes make the mafia find a good way to use it.  Also, it wasn't that strong, just a random thought here and there.

Kooshie

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: February 01, 2013, 05:14:58 pm »

I am a VT.

I believe I asked you not to claim, because claiming hurts town. Even if you disagree with my reasoning you should have posted why. I am inclined to think that you are not reading the thread very carefully, because of this and other things such as you thinking I am female.  While I think robz is more likely to flip scum than you, you are helping town less.  If you and sudgy are both town than scum now only has 5 people to shoot at for the PR, 4 if we lynch a different VT.

Your claim also makes you more likely to be lynched, as we now know we won't be lynching (one of) our PR.

What exactly is hammering?

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: February 01, 2013, 05:16:49 pm »

to cast the vote which finalizes the lynch.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: February 01, 2013, 06:01:24 pm »

Vote Count 1.16:

Robz888 (1): raerae
liopoil (1): mail-mi
mail-mi (4): mcmcsalot, EFHW, sudgy, Kooshie {L-1}

Not Voting (3): Robz888, Jimmmmm, liopoil

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Deadline is 4:30 p.m., forum time, on Monday, February 4.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: February 01, 2013, 06:15:47 pm »

Can we give Robz a chance to give thoughts before hammertime?  We have until Monday.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #615 on: February 01, 2013, 06:25:01 pm »

So Jimm has expressed a scum read on mail-mi and raerae has said she would lynch mail-mi, she just would rather robz. I would like robz to state his opinion on many of the things that have gone on but especially this mail-mi lynch. The positions raerae and jimm are in are very low risk, I understand that we are at L-1 and you cant just throw your vote in support but you have both expressed this read previously to mail-mi at L-1. So I am wondering what the two of you are thinking and if either of you would hammer pending robz reads.
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: February 01, 2013, 06:25:28 pm »

Can we give Robz a chance to give thoughts before hammertime?  We have until Monday.

Yep this is just what I was wondering.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: February 01, 2013, 08:51:47 pm »

yes, I would agree with waiting until the deadline. Giving people chances to catch up is pro-town.

sudgy

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: February 01, 2013, 10:07:11 pm »

I'm fine with that, as long as we still manage something (such as suddenly at the deadline, we decide against mail-mi, then we don't know who to lynch).

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: February 01, 2013, 11:12:29 pm »

mail-mi: town liopoil: town; then liopoil is scum hunting, and mail-mi has been lurking, repeating things people have said, and the like.

The first two make a lot of sense.  As for the second two:

mail-mi: Scum, Liopoil: Town would be consistent with what has been happening now.  Mail-mi's vote on Liopoil would be an attempt at deflection. 

mail-mi: Town, Liopoil: Town In this case, I think we might suspect mcmc as he got the wagon on mail-mi going.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: February 01, 2013, 11:20:16 pm »

An argument to lynch mail-mi even if he is town is that we should consider the effect on the game of having a townie that doesn't read the posts very well.  This is as obfuscating as having scum trying to distract town from sound reasoning.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: February 02, 2013, 01:20:56 am »

I agree with waiting for Robz to weigh in. Hopefully he can give a solid contribution before deadline. I disagree with a Robz lynch at this stage, because even though he's been lurking, he's been lurking everywhere so I don't see any reason why he's more or less likely than average to be scum.

I'm getting a pretty strong Town vibe from both mcmc and raerae. Which of course leaves me with liopoil and all the first-timers. I know mcmc has mentioned trying not to focus on the Newbies, but that's just the general feeling I'm getting.

I'll have another look at mail-mi shortly.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: February 02, 2013, 11:32:45 am »

I am a VT.

I thought that you meant don't make a claim of a power role.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: February 02, 2013, 11:48:57 am »

I am a VT.

the issue is that you have claimed vt and given scum knowledge that your not a power role. We don't want scum to kill our power roles and two people have already claimed vt without any lynch flip. We are giving scum too much information to work with.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: February 02, 2013, 11:51:27 am »

I am a VT.

the issue is that you have claimed vt and given scum knowledge that your not a power role. We don't want scum to kill our power roles and two people have already claimed vt without any lynch flip. We are giving scum too much information to work with.
Oh, okay. Well, sorry about that :-)

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 41  All

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 20 queries.