Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 41  All

Author Topic: Mafia XXI: Another Dinner Party! - Mafia Win Flawlessly  (Read 108863 times)

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXI: Another Dinner Party! (Newbie Priority Game - Day 1)
« Reply #550 on: January 30, 2013, 05:48:50 pm »

I wasn't rushing you. I mean, yes, I wanted to lynch kooshie because she was the scummiest at the time. I just assumed you would probably want to and so was telling you. I was at least fairly sure you didn't want it on raerae. And I mean, I was right, as in your next post you said you forgot and did change your vote. Anyway, I still think kooshie is the scummiest, but not by as much as before. Nothing new has been adding to the case, and other cases have arisen. It doesn't look as though that lynch will be going through today at least, soUnvote.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: January 30, 2013, 05:54:25 pm »

of mail-mi and robz88, I've decided I would slightly prefer a robz888 lynch. This is mainly because mail-mi has been contributing when he does post, such as giving reads, even if he hasn't mentioned anything new. Robz888 hasn't given much in the way of reads, and his main contribution was some theory talk at the beginning.

I've just remembered, mail-mi did in fact mention something new. He proposed a no lynch. While we have pretty much agreed that this is a bad idea it was still something new to talk about.

I'm not going to vote for robz888 yet, because I would still like to lynch someone based on something(s) they said, not the fact that they didn't say much. as we get nearer to the deadline I will reconsider.

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: January 30, 2013, 06:25:15 pm »

I remember now - he thought Liopoil had a good case against Kooshie, and he's still voting against Kooshie with Liopoil despite my posts and Kooshie's posts demonstrating Liopoil's less than straightforward reasoning.  Maybe he's not thinking it through, or maybe he really agrees with Liopoil, but I guess he should say more to justify staying with that vote.

I do agree with Liopoil.  The argument seems pretty sound enough, or at least the best I can see.

Also, raerae, I can't tell who you're referring to in some of your posts...  Could you say who you were talking to (especially if it was me)?

Sudgy, I never specifically addressed you, in order of posts I was speaking to The Town, Town/mail-mi, efoo, mcmc, and Town.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: January 30, 2013, 07:14:50 pm »

I would just like to say the attributes that I use to categorize as scum, for all of you who would like me to give reasons for my reads.
-Very hasty defense (meaning, seeing someone vote or accuse them, and quickly come up with a large post explaining all the reasons they couldn't be scum,)
-Lurking (I know that's me, I get on when I can.)
-Tunneling
-And, hastily jumping from accusation to accusation

Unvote. The people I find most scummy for these reasons are liopoil, Kooshie, and raerae.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: January 30, 2013, 07:23:13 pm »

Robz, you haven't had a ton to say (not a lot to go on, I know) but will you have time to before you go v/la to get in here?

Raerae asking Robz to say something? Seems suspicious... Further conformation of Robz/raerae?

I missed this the first time around. I don't really like the way mail-mi jumped on the Robz/raerae idea here. "Further confirmation" seems a bit much for raerae simply trying to call someone out of lurking. Then again, he wasn't the only one to seem pretty sure of Robz/raerae early on, so I don't know. Okay sure, in his next post he says it's "mostly sarcasm", which happens to be the same word that raerae used in calling him out on it, so it seems like it could be a way to get out of the scummy reasoning he gave.
I am a sarcastic person. I Trader Feodums. I King's Court my Coppers. I Throne Room Estates. I know why the chicken crossed the road. I'm sarcastic.

I know that sounded scummy, but I'm just being straight forward. I'll post less sarcastic remarks. Sorry if I deteriorated from the game.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #555 on: January 30, 2013, 07:33:07 pm »

tradering feoda might me a good idea sometimes, at least it's legal.

can you elaborate which of those four apply to the three people you mentioned?

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: January 30, 2013, 07:39:28 pm »

Hasty defense is my biggest scum read, I have all three down for this reason
Lurking, none of them
Tunneling: liopoil was tunneling Kooshie at one point
Jumping: liopoil after tunneling jumped around a bit for accusations, and Kooshie a little bit too.

Looking back at this, I find myself thinking that liopoil (you) is (are) the most scummy, and we're getting near to the end, so I Vote: liopoil

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: January 30, 2013, 07:41:29 pm »

"If you had a decent amount of Feodum's and you Tradered one of them. You would gain 7 Silvers, which makes each of your other Feodums worth at least two more Victory points. I would think that might be a good idea, but I digress, back to who is responsible for the murder. I will assure you that the butler did not do it... this time."

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: January 30, 2013, 07:48:59 pm »

I could try to deny some of those, but that might just strengthen your scum read on me for hasty defense...

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: January 30, 2013, 07:50:33 pm »

"If you had a decent amount of Feodum's and you Tradered one of them. You would gain 7 Silvers, which makes each of your other Feodums worth at least two more Victory points. I would think that might be a good idea, but I digress, back to who is responsible for the murder. I will assure you that the butler did not do it... this time."
lol!

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: January 30, 2013, 07:52:49 pm »

Can we have a vote count?

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: January 30, 2013, 07:53:53 pm »

I could try to deny some of those, but that might just strengthen your scum read on me for hasty defense...
Defending yourself does not give scum read. Hastily defending yourself with a giant list of reasons and there's even some that don't make sense would increase scum read.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: January 30, 2013, 07:57:46 pm »

in that case I don't think any of us have done that...

and what's tunneling? I intended to just be presenting a case which seemed quite valid to me... I thought tunneling was mentioning it repeatedly pushing for their lynch and not really considering other cases.

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: January 30, 2013, 08:10:34 pm »

...I King's Court my Coppers. I Throne Room Estates...

Oh man, I love doing those...

On topic, I might be okay with voting for liopoil, but I'm still not sure yet.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

Kooshie

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: January 30, 2013, 08:23:03 pm »

of mail-mi and robz88, I've decided I would slightly prefer a robz888 lynch. This is mainly because mail-mi has been contributing when he does post, such as giving reads, even if he hasn't mentioned anything new. Robz888 hasn't given much in the way of reads, and his main contribution was some theory talk at the beginning.

I've just remembered, mail-mi did in fact mention something new. He proposed a no lynch. While we have pretty much agreed that this is a bad idea it was still something new to talk about.

I'm not going to vote for robz888 yet, because I would still like to lynch someone based on something(s) they said, not the fact that they didn't say much. as we get nearer to the deadline I will reconsider.
I would be fine with lynching either Robz or mail-mi, but I want a better idea of both of them before they get lynched, so if/when I play another game with them, I have a better idea of what's town, what's scum, and what's just personality.  I'm going to Unvote for now, but I'm all for LALL.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: January 30, 2013, 09:09:43 pm »

Lurking, none of them
Jumping: liopoil after tunneling jumped around a bit for accusations, and Kooshie a little bit too.

Looking back at this, I find myself thinking that liopoil (you) is (are) the most scummy, and we're getting near to the end, so I Vote: liopoil

I agree that Liopoil is scummy, and he did tunnel Kooshie.  But he didn't jump around with accusations that I can see - he was pretty consistently Kooshie.  And can you point out hasty defense on his part? 

If this is as scummy an accusation as it seems AND Liopoil is scummy, then maybe you are bussing?

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: January 30, 2013, 09:11:44 pm »

Vote Count 1.12:

Kooshie (1): sudgy
Robz888 (1): raerae
sudgy (1): mcmcsalot
liopoil (1): mail-mi

Not Voting (5): Robz888, EFHW, Jimmmmm, liopoil, Kooshie

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Deadline is 4:30 p.m., forum time, on Monday, February 4.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: January 30, 2013, 09:38:35 pm »

Lurking, none of them

I agree that Liopoil is scummy, and he did tunnel Kooshie.  But he didn't jump around with accusations that I can see - he was pretty consistently Kooshie.  And can you point out hasty defense on his part? 

If this is as scummy an accusation as it seems AND Liopoil is scummy, then maybe you are bussing?

liopoil's jumping around was just that she at one point completely dropped her case against Kooshie and started going for LALL, which I guess is just jumping once. Hasty defenses? Really, from what I found, a lot of the times someone accused her, she would reply with a question then give at least a good-sized list of why she wasn't. I find long defenses more scummy than those of short, to-the-point defenses.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: January 30, 2013, 09:52:02 pm »

I'm going a little crazy here.  How about we LALL Robz888, and go from there? 

VOTE: Robz888

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: January 30, 2013, 10:13:48 pm »

liopoil's jumping around was just that she at one point completely dropped her case against Kooshie and started going for LALL, which I guess is just jumping once. Hasty defenses? Really, from what I found, a lot of the times someone accused her, she would reply with a question then give at least a good-sized list of why she wasn't. I find long defenses more scummy than those of short, to-the-point defenses.

So what would be an acceptable defense?  And in what time frame?  You say short and to-the-point but what does that mean to you?  Has anybody in this game given non-scummy defenses of themselves?  Additionally, can I immediately respond to a case against me or do I have to wait until there are 3 or 4 votes on me to do so?

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #570 on: January 30, 2013, 10:25:52 pm »

So what would be an acceptable defense?  And in what time frame?  You say short and to-the-point but what does that mean to you?  Has anybody in this game given non-scummy defenses of themselves?  Additionally, can I immediately respond to a case against me or do I have to wait until there are 3 or 4 votes on me to do so?

I shouldn't really say hasty. I say overdefending. IRL, we give a few sentence defense to try to deflect votes. I don't want to read a book, I want a few sentences that get to your point.

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: January 30, 2013, 10:30:54 pm »

I shouldn't really say hasty. I say overdefending. IRL, we give a few sentence defense to try to deflect votes. I don't want to read a book, I want a few sentences that get to your point.

Welcome to the forums  :D

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: January 30, 2013, 10:35:38 pm »

Yes my previous town read of robz is slipping quickly, though if were going to lynch a lurker I would rather mail-mi because I find his interactions scummier and I thin his flip will b more valuable.
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: January 30, 2013, 10:54:54 pm »

Yes my previous town read of robz is slipping quickly, though if were going to lynch a lurker I would rather mail-mi because I find his interactions scummier and I thin his flip will b more valuable.

This is going to sound gross...I agree with you that mail-mi is being scummier but I still prefer the Robz lynch ONLY because this a newbie game and I know how much it sucks, as a newbie, to get your ass handed to you D1 just because people don't know you and your personality.  We know it's unlike Robz to lurk but we really don't know ANYTHING about mail-mi.  I hate this line of thinking in reality, you know, the whole "Congrats!  You got 20th Place out of 19 teams!  Here's a trophy!" thing but since we aren't in reality right now and we do want new blood here so I think the forums, as a whole, could benefit from lynching a vet over a newbie when we have roughly the same case on them.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: January 30, 2013, 10:57:27 pm »

If mail-mi gets more votes, I'd be willing to switch mine to make it go, but I agree with raerae that it does seem like it would make a better game overall to keep an active participant and lynch the non-contributor.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 41  All

Page created in 0.085 seconds with 20 queries.