Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 41  All

Author Topic: Mafia XXI: Another Dinner Party! - Mafia Win Flawlessly  (Read 108838 times)

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXI: Another Dinner Party! (Newbie Priority Game - Day 1)
« Reply #525 on: January 29, 2013, 09:37:40 pm »

Yes, if someone wishes to hammer they should state this intent and give sudgy a chance to say something, such as claim his role. Keep in mind we have until the 4th of feburary, but from my experience in DS9 long D1s aren't necessarily good :P

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: January 29, 2013, 09:39:36 pm »

If I am night-killed, I hope all townies will be very suspicious.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: January 29, 2013, 09:43:21 pm »

I'm in Mountain Time so I'm just a couple hours behind.

Finally, some reads for me.
Scum: Sudgy (been reading his posts, agree with y'alls), Kooshie because of very hasty defense
Slight scum: Robz because he's off v/la, raerae
I have no idea: Everyone not listed
Slight town: Jimmmmmm, mcmcsalot
Town: Me, and EFHW.

So, I Vote: Sudgy

P.S. what does LALL mean? I looked for it on the Mafia Lingo, couldn't find it.

Add: Liopoil in between scum and slight scum
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: January 29, 2013, 09:45:19 pm »

Can you say why?  Going along with other people's opinions without reasons seems to strike people as scummy.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: January 29, 2013, 09:49:48 pm »

Can you say why?  Going along with other people's opinions without reasons seems to strike people as scummy.

Because she's been hasty to jump on the bandwagon and she is hasty to defend herself and jumps from accusation to accusation.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: January 29, 2013, 09:52:43 pm »

Alright, if I get one last thing to say, here it is.

First, for a role claim, I'm just a townie.  I know scum would say this too, but you asked for a role claim, so here it is.

Second, I don't see what's so suspicious about me other than my saying that either kooshie or liopoil is mafia.  I've already stated my reasoning for that earlier.  Also, with the one or two people that have said I've been eager to please, I never agreed with someone because I wanted to do the same as them, it was because I agreed with them.  And, while I see why that would seem suspicious, it never has been in my playing group irl.

Other than this, I can't think of anything else to say in my defense...  I guess I should just expect to be lynched my first game because people don't know my playing style, but oh well.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: January 29, 2013, 09:57:28 pm »

Because she's been hasty to jump on the bandwagon and she is hasty to defend herself and jumps from accusation to accusation.

Now I'm confused.  Do you mean Kooshie (girl) or Liopoil (guy)?

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: January 29, 2013, 09:57:55 pm »

Actually, add liopoil to scum. And liopoil (guy)

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: January 29, 2013, 10:01:12 pm »

Alright, if I get one last thing to say, here it is.

First, for a role claim, I'm just a townie.  I know scum would say this too, but you asked for a role claim, so here it is.

Second, I don't see what's so suspicious about me other than my saying that either kooshie or liopoil is mafia.  I've already stated my reasoning for that earlier.  Also, with the one or two people that have said I've been eager to please, I never agreed with someone because I wanted to do the same as them, it was because I agreed with them.  And, while I see why that would seem suspicious, it never has been in my playing group irl.

Other than this, I can't think of anything else to say in my defense...  I guess I should just expect to be lynched my first game because people don't know my playing style, but oh well.

Arghh!  Unvote until we hear what more experienced players think of this post.

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: January 29, 2013, 11:11:58 pm »

WHOA!!! Full-heartedly against a sudgy lynch.  I stated before and will state again, he appears to be playing overzealous, newbie town.  He's come out swinging for the fences and, for the most part, felt strongly with both his town and scum reads.  This seems like somebody who just feels strongly about the things he feels.  If he were more wishy washy and hedgey, I could understand the scumreads because that does tend to read more scummy.  I feel like having strong opinions is more of a townread than scumread when you're having multiple strong reads for both sides.  Well aware there are exceptions and I could be way off base.  I defer to more advanced player to tell me I'm wrong. 

Yes, Jimmmmm is correct that sudgy hasn't given a ton of cases on his own but when he tries to give cases they read almost too awkward to be scum.  He's trying but there is a bit of a learning curve to figuring out the best and most receptive way to form and articulate a case. 

Additionally, I feel he's done things to try to move the game along.  Throwing down votes to get reactions (not my favorite way of creating conversation but, what do I know?), he's answered every question that's been thrown his way, responds to and questions others' reads/cases.  If he's scum, he has me bamboozled.

Holy crap, I have a million things to say.  I'm going to do so in multiple posts instead of one huge one so that's hopefully easier to read.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: January 29, 2013, 11:24:02 pm »

Vote Count 1.11:

Kooshie (2): liopoil, sudgy
Robz888 (1): raerae
Mail-mi (1): kooshie
sudgy (3): Jimmmmm, mcmcsalot, mail-mi

Not Voting (2): Robz888, EFHW

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Deadline is 4:30 p.m., forum time, on Monday, February 4.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: January 29, 2013, 11:28:03 pm »

I'm in Mountain Time so I'm just a couple hours behind.

Finally, some reads for me.
Scum: Sudgy (been reading his posts, agree with y'alls), Kooshie because of very hasty defense and
Slight scum: Robz because he's off v/la, raerae
I have no idea: Everyone not listed
Slight town: Jimmmmmm, mcmcsalot
Town: Me, and EFHW.

So, I Vote: Sudgy

P.S. what does LALL mean? I looked for it on the Mafia Lingo, couldn't find it.

This rubs me in all the wrong ways.  Town needs to work as a team and that means everybody giving input, not just relying on others to do the work.  Guys, I've tried to rewrite this in a way that doesn't sound like an angry coach but that's really all I got and this was the nicest angry coach I could find. 

Also, LALL has been discussed in the following areas of this thread.  Yes, I quoted most of them, not to be a super meanie but to show that mail-mi had the opportunity to ask this question but did not until it applied to him.

Here:

Here:

Here:

And here:

Looking at your reads, exactly what do you agree with regarding his posts?  Also, you have been listed as slight scum read...just wondering if you could expand on that, please?  And can you also explain your townread of EFHW?  If you've already explained you reads, please just point me in the direction of that post, no need to reiterate what's already been said.

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: January 29, 2013, 11:38:55 pm »

Sudgy is my second highest scum-read.

When did this come about?  And why?  Prior to the above quoted post, I can only find you having a slight suspicion of sudgy.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: January 30, 2013, 12:11:36 am »

When I did my reads of everyone, I said he seemed to be following my votes, and then he did the same with someone else.  That's being sheepy, right?  Also, his posts didn't seem to be saying much.  It's late now, but I'll see tomorrow what else I had in mind.  But his latest defense created some real doubts, which is why I unvoted.

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: January 30, 2013, 12:20:55 am »

So I was doing my reread of raerae, she has pushed hard against lurkers this whole game infact after this post all she has commented on is robz lurking. While I agree with robz needing to post more you also need to post more. In this your big post with reads you say this isn't going to be helpful and then you give null reads on just about everyone. You mention you need to read more on people, this sounds to me like potential scum pushing for lurkers and not giving any real reads.

Just responding to this as it makes my post sound scummier than I think it is.  Responding point by point:

Pushing for a lurker lynch all game:  I believe I only seriously started to consider this when Robz was active in other games but not here prior to his v/la.  And even the word "push" seems too strong.  I'd mostly just love the lurkers to get in here and say things as I would prefer a lynch based on a reasonable case instead of somebody who's just creeping in the background.  That being said, I'm not going to sit by and let somebody creep in the background.

Posts after my reads post:  This is just false.  I asked questions of Kooshie, put my vote where my mouth was after allowing ample time for the lurking persons to come forward and stated the reason I preferred one over the other, explained my vote again, one joke-y post, calling mail-mi out for saying we're still in RVS and there isn't anything to read, LALL post (we're on #495 for those of you watching at home), and that brings us the above quoted post.  I will agree, however, that I should be posting more.  I didn't realize how inactive I have been the last couple of days.

Reads post:  My exact words were "not as helpful as I was hoping," not that it wasn't helpful.  I was more unsure of a lot of the newbies than I thought.  I think that's mostly because it's difficult to keep them straight when we're still trying to figure out personalities.  For example, had a strong town read on sudgy, sort of forgot mail-mi was in this game until pulling up the roster.

Null reads:  I gave one null read.  On Jimmmm, he's also the ONLY person I said I needed/wanted to reread.  Everybody else I had a slight read one way or the other.  You, for example, were towny.  As were EFHW and sudgy.  I can understand where the confusion lies though because I never explicitly state scum, slight scum, town, etc. like most of the rest of you do. 

I do believe I'll have to downgrade you from towny to a little shady for this, mcmc.  I feel like you were trying to make most of that post look scummier than it really is so maybe people only reading your post and not rereading mine will say, "Yup!  This is super scummy!" and just go along with it.  It rings a little too close to mom salon in Blitz9 for my comfort. 

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #540 on: January 30, 2013, 12:25:12 am »

I remember now - he thought Liopoil had a good case against Kooshie, and he's still voting against Kooshie with Liopoil despite my posts and Kooshie's posts demonstrating Liopoil's less than straightforward reasoning.  Maybe he's not thinking it through, or maybe he really agrees with Liopoil, but I guess he should say more to justify staying with that vote.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: January 30, 2013, 12:30:45 am »

So I was just going to change my vote to sudgy, I have made it clear my top three scum reads are efhw, sudgy, and koshie. Then I realized I voted for mail-me for lurking. This is every player in the game I haven't played with, I'm worried I have tunneled the new players and I want to go back and reread the other players, I suggest the rest of the veterans do the same.

While I stand by my previously mentioned scum reads and would support a sudgy lynch I'm not ready to cast my vote till I make a reread of the vets.

This post makes me read mcmc as town.

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: January 30, 2013, 12:39:02 am »

And last but not least, Jimmmmm.

Nothing much to update.  I maintain my mostly null read on Jimmmmm, he hasn't stuck out to me in any way which, I guess, does make me suspicious of him.  He's been conservative with his votes and reads, I can appreciate this and it rings slightly townie to me.  He hasn't been inflammatory and nothing he's posted has screamed "LOOK HOW TOWN I AM!!" to me.  I think this is only my second or third game with him (and I'm always dying early) so I don't feel like the Jimmmmm expert in these parts. 

sudgy

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: January 30, 2013, 12:50:01 am »

I remember now - he thought Liopoil had a good case against Kooshie, and he's still voting against Kooshie with Liopoil despite my posts and Kooshie's posts demonstrating Liopoil's less than straightforward reasoning.  Maybe he's not thinking it through, or maybe he really agrees with Liopoil, but I guess he should say more to justify staying with that vote.

I do agree with Liopoil.  The argument seems pretty sound enough, or at least the best I can see.

Also, raerae, I can't tell who you're referring to in some of your posts...  Could you say who you were talking to (especially if it was me)?

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: January 30, 2013, 01:19:10 am »

Raerae I did not mean for my post about you to make you look scummier than you are, I think my post urging people to reread vets(I include you in this) would be inconsistent with wanting people to think your scummy off my post alone. Sudgy's defense has not rung towny enough to dissuade my read on him, I do not think then he is playing like newbie town is a good way to clear him either. Something I can speak for personal experience on newbie town play is very similar with newbie scum play. I think the newbie qualities you have mentioned still fit with scum.

Robz you need to come in a give reads and possibly vote for someone, liopoil is right a repeat of D1 in ds9 will cripple newbie's ability to read and give scum a significant advantage.
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: January 30, 2013, 03:12:00 am »

I think these wagons on Kooshie and sudgy have been kind of useful, just wish I had a more solid idea on how I would expect Newbie scum to react to such pressure.

raerae's defense of sudgy and suspicion of mail-mi makes some sense to me. I do think sudgy's response to the wagon has been kind of Townie, so I'll Unvote and reassess.

So I re-read mail-mi and here's what I got.

Robz, you haven't had a ton to say (not a lot to go on, I know) but will you have time to before you go v/la to get in here?

Raerae asking Robz to say something? Seems suspicious... Further conformation of Robz/raerae?

I missed this the first time around. I don't really like the way mail-mi jumped on the Robz/raerae idea here. "Further confirmation" seems a bit much for raerae simply trying to call someone out of lurking. Then again, he wasn't the only one to seem pretty sure of Robz/raerae early on, so I don't know. Okay sure, in his next post he says it's "mostly sarcasm", which happens to be the same word that raerae used in calling him out on it, so it seems like it could be a way to get out of the scummy reasoning he gave.

Other than that he hasn't said much, other than to defend his not saying much. He has listed reads for everyone, but given very few reasons. I agree that his reads doesn't seem that much like genuine scumhunting. I guess I'd put him at scummyish. Not sure about sudgy any more, I'll have to give him another look.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: January 30, 2013, 08:34:57 am »

Actually, add liopoil to scum. And liopoil (guy)
Who are you talking about in the first post about jumping from accusation to accusation? I do not think I have been doing this, and I'm a guy. Did you mean kooshie, and then as an afterthought added me to scum? If so, then why are you suspicious of me? reads without reasons are useless to town, helpful to scum.

Kooshie

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: January 30, 2013, 03:35:40 pm »

And last but not least, Jimmmmm.

Nothing much to update.  I maintain my mostly null read on Jimmmmm, he hasn't stuck out to me in any way which, I guess, does make me suspicious of him.  He's been conservative with his votes and reads, I can appreciate this and it rings slightly townie to me.  He hasn't been inflammatory and nothing he's posted has screamed "LOOK HOW TOWN I AM!!" to me.  I think this is only my second or third game with him (and I'm always dying early) so I don't feel like the Jimmmmm expert in these parts.
I feel the same about Jimmmmm, in a way.  When i gave my reads, and I said that everyone had their not-so-town moments, I just assumed that was true.  Now that I think about it, I don't think Jimmmmm really has one.  Jimmmmm is my strongest town read at the moment.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: January 30, 2013, 04:50:15 pm »

POST COUNT!

EFHW: 49
Mcmcsalot: 49
Raerae: 43
Sudgy: 40
Liopoil: 40
Jimmmmm: 34
Kooshie: 32
Robz888: 16
Mail-mi: 16

So if we LALL it should be robz or mail-mi, as they have half of everyone else. Among the other 7 of us we are all within 17 posts of each other. As of now I do not think it is fair to accuse anyone that isn't robz888 or mail-mi of lurking. However, the two of them are lurking so bad that lynching one of them may be our best bet. miss-lynching a lurker does not hurt nearly as much as lynching a non-lurker, because lurkers weren't contributing much in the first place anyway. As for which of robz/mail-mi we should lynch if we decide to lynch a lurker, I am not sure.

There are three pairs of people who are tied for number of posts. Interesting :P

sudgy

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: January 30, 2013, 05:21:38 pm »

POST COUNT!

EFHW: 49
Mcmcsalot: 49
Raerae: 43
Sudgy: 40
Liopoil: 40
Jimmmmm: 34
Kooshie: 32
Robz888: 16
Mail-mi: 16

So if we LALL it should be robz or mail-mi, as they have half of everyone else. Among the other 7 of us we are all within 17 posts of each other. As of now I do not think it is fair to accuse anyone that isn't robz888 or mail-mi of lurking. However, the two of them are lurking so bad that lynching one of them may be our best bet. miss-lynching a lurker does not hurt nearly as much as lynching a non-lurker, because lurkers weren't contributing much in the first place anyway. As for which of robz/mail-mi we should lynch if we decide to lynch a lurker, I am not sure.

There are three pairs of people who are tied for number of posts. Interesting :P

Since my last reads, mail-mi has gotten a bit on slight scum for me...  He's just been saying something every once in a while, usually agreeing with somebody about something.

On a side note, liopoil has gotten a slight bit more scummy for me (not from your last post, a bit before).  A big thing was your prompting me to vote for kooshie.  Almost like you were saying, "Just hurry up and sign this contract!" (a strange way of saying it, but oh well)  I would say that liopoil and kooshie are around the same now, and mail-mi has gotten up there too.  I'll Unvote for now until I have more agreement with myself.

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 41  All

Page created in 0.277 seconds with 20 queries.