Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 41  All

Author Topic: Mafia XXI: Another Dinner Party! - Mafia Win Flawlessly  (Read 108808 times)

Kooshie

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXI: Another Dinner Party! (Newbie Priority Game - Day 1)
« Reply #400 on: January 27, 2013, 03:52:54 pm »

I still vote Robz because I haven't seen him post since I voted on him.
You haven't posted much, either.  I hadn't noticed that until now, and voted Robz for lurking.  You posted more recently than him, so I won't change my vote quite yet, but according to this(which is extremely helpful, by the way), he posted two posts more than you.
Robz888: 10
raerae: 27
Jimmmmm: 23
sudgy: 25
liopoil: 11
mcmcsalot: 23
EFHW: 17
Kooshie: 21
Mail-mi: 8

yes it was quite difficult but I got it.
The low posters from this are Mail-mi, Robz, and Liopoil.
I would definitely like to hear more from mail-mi perhaps thoughts on my analysis of efhw/sudgy/kooshie, or thoughts of his own.
I have a slight scum read on liopoil due to lurking post status as well as the fos for people having strong reads.
From this, my scum read of kooshie which was based off of a very early omgus and lurking which she isn't doing. I'm back to a null read on kooshie.
EFHW post count neither clears nor damn's her so I will leave my vote there.

I would also like to hear from mail-mi, but Robz, too.  liopoil has been saying more in his posts than them, I think, so I don't have much of a scum read on him.

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: January 27, 2013, 03:56:37 pm »

Now I'm starting to get a bit suspicious of liopoil and mail-mi...  Both haven't posted much, and when they do post, they aren't doing anything too much.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

Kooshie

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: January 27, 2013, 04:00:16 pm »

I think that maybe now we're putting a bit too much on what they don't say.  We should look at their posts, and take note of what they said.  Maybe we can derive a bit more information from that.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: January 27, 2013, 04:10:10 pm »

sudgy: what would you like me to comment on?

If you wanna talk about lurkers than robz is the one right now. He hasn't posted for the longest and many of his posts haven't had much content. Most of what he has contributed has been theory talk.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: January 27, 2013, 04:10:37 pm »

thank you kooshie, I am now going to go read everything you have said.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #405 on: January 27, 2013, 04:12:37 pm »

The post count is off. Kooshie has 13 posts, not 21

sudgy

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: January 27, 2013, 04:19:51 pm »

Mainly saying your thoughts on things, or maybe new ideas.  You haven't said many things that have made me think about it too much.

If you wanna talk about lurkers than robz is the one right now. He hasn't posted for the longest and many of his posts haven't had much content. Most of what he has contributed has been theory talk.

He is in a lot of games right now.  I feel like robz would know better than to lurk also.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: January 27, 2013, 04:23:30 pm »

Mainly saying your thoughts on things, or maybe new ideas.  You haven't said many things that have made me think about it too much.

He is in a lot of games right now.  I feel like robz would know better than to lurk also.

Well he is lurking... I am in one other game as well.

My thoughts on things? That's not particularly specific...

Kooshie

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: January 27, 2013, 04:24:02 pm »

it's how she plays efhw.

sudgy: lots of analysis is great, but currently there really isn't much to go off of.
Vote Count 1.5:

Kooshie (2): mcmcsalot, Jimmmmm
Robz888 (1): mail-mi
raerae (2): EFHW, sudgy

Not Voting (4): Kooshie, liopoil, raerae, Robz888

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Deadline is 4:30 p.m., forum time, on Monday, February 4.

kooshie voted robz since then. FoS people who have strong reads. seriously, 3 people at L-3?
Okay, I think I understand why you would be suspicious of people with strong reads, in a way.  But like others have probably said before me, analysis and strong reads make the interesting, and give us all something to think about.  As long as don't go to such extreme measures that we vote on someone because of a single word they said(okay, maybe I exaggerated a bit), strong reads can't be so bad.

sudgy

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: January 27, 2013, 04:27:58 pm »

(sorry, what's L-3?)

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: January 27, 2013, 04:33:26 pm »

L stands for lynch. L-x means that the person is x votes away from being lynched. In this game, since there are 9 people, it takes five to lynch, so being at L-3 means that you have two votes on you

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: January 27, 2013, 04:36:11 pm »

Thanks for this, I realize I counted wrong, keeping track without the isotropic username is hard.

Yes as far as robz goes being in other games has nothing to do with his lack of posting, I will say that he hasn't posted in those games either so i'm not too worried. He does need to get here and do some scum hunting soon as well as mail-mi.

Okay so I have given my reasons for having scum reads many times, I'm going to just list my read on everyone, I would like everyone to do the same and see where we line up. Also if you have not given reasons for your reads please do so in your post.

Town read: raerae
slight town: Jimm(early posts rang town to me, admittedly I am terrible at reading Jimm, I look to raerae and robz for a stronger read here)
slight scum: liopoil, sudgy(continued posting keeps him out of full scum read)
scum read: efhw, kooshie(corrected post count puts her back in this category)

mail-me and robz continue to have lurker status and I will wait to see what they have to say.

Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

Kooshie

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: January 27, 2013, 04:48:11 pm »

Robz, you haven't had a ton to say (not a lot to go on, I know) but will you have time to before you go v/la to get in here?
Robz is on v/la?  is that why he's not posting?

Thanks for this, I realize I counted wrong, keeping track without the isotropic username is hard.

Yes as far as robz goes being in other games has nothing to do with his lack of posting, I will say that he hasn't posted in those games either so i'm not too worried. He does need to get here and do some scum hunting soon as well as mail-mi.

Okay so I have given my reasons for having scum reads many times, I'm going to just list my read on everyone, I would like everyone to do the same and see where we line up. Also if you have not given reasons for your reads please do so in your post.

Town read: raerae
slight town: Jimm(early posts rang town to me, admittedly I am terrible at reading Jimm, I look to raerae and robz for a stronger read here)
slight scum: liopoil, sudgy(continued posting keeps him out of full scum read)
scum read: efhw, kooshie(corrected post count puts her back in this category)

mail-me and robz continue to have lurker status and I will wait to see what they have to say.

So... Robz hasn't been posting in other games?  Unvote because if this is true, like raerae said, he's on v/la, and therefore probably not meaning to lurk.

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: January 27, 2013, 05:04:03 pm »

Robz, you haven't had a ton to say (not a lot to go on, I know) but will you have time to before you go v/la to get in here?

I posted this Friday while he was still actively posting in DS9 and some other places on the forum. 

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: January 27, 2013, 05:06:35 pm »

Also, newbies, here's the link to the v/la thread.  Handy to post in there if you're going to be gone for an extended period of time.

http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=3621.0

Kooshie

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: January 27, 2013, 05:09:20 pm »

I posted this Friday while he was still actively posting in DS9 and some other places on the forum.
okay... but is he v/la? 

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: January 27, 2013, 05:12:07 pm »

okay... but is he v/la?

That's the rumor.

I'm going to Philadelphia this weekend. I will have limited access until Sunday evening.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: January 27, 2013, 05:12:41 pm »

I'm going to Philadelphia this weekend. I will have limited access until Sunday evening.
from the V/LA thread.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: January 27, 2013, 05:13:36 pm »

oh. raerae beat me to it.

Kooshie

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: January 27, 2013, 05:14:39 pm »

Here are my indefinite reads:

Town: (everyone's had their not-so-town moments in this game, so, really, I'm not certain about anybody not being scum)
Slight Town: mcmc, sudgy(I'm not quite sure what to think about them yet)
Slight Slight Town: raerae(I don't have any real evidence that she's scum, but she doesn't exactly have a super clean slate, either)
Slight Scum: liopoil, Robz(even if he is on v/la, his posts beforehand weren't full of information)
Scum: mail-mi(for hardly posting, and when he did, it barely contained much information)

So, as you can see, mail-mi is the scummiest to me.  He hasn't posted much, and the content isn't that plentiful(basically what I said in parentheses on the list itself).  Vote: mail-mi

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #420 on: January 27, 2013, 05:23:33 pm »

Reads, not as helpful as I was hoping, time to do some reading.

EFHW - Sounds like our personalities are going to clash until she figures out I'm just sassy and not actually upset at anything, seems like she's reasonably thinking things through though, I look forward to reading more from her

Jimmmmm - Null, his post count is almost as high as mine but I don't remember anything in particular he's discussed, will have to reread

Kooshie - seems a little shady for the defensiveness, eager to please, lurking until called out, seems to be looking for other people to tell her what to have reads on, giving her a little more wiggle room for being new though, not ready to vote yet

liopoil - seems helpful with pushing things along, not real sure yet

mail-mi - needs to talk more, I don't have a read yet

mcmcsalot - trying to push the day along (in a good way), getting reads out, not being overly aggressive, seems towny

Robz888 - doesn't seem interested/invested in this game yet, was posting elsewhere on Friday but didn't post here other than one post super early in th AM, waiting to read until he posts more

sudgy - overzealous town, super excited about jumping on anything remotely scummy, I appreciate the enthusiasm

Kooshie

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: January 27, 2013, 05:27:49 pm »

Here are my indefinite reads:

Town: (everyone's had their not-so-town moments in this game, so, really, I'm not certain about anybody not being scum)
Slight Town: mcmc, sudgy(I'm not quite sure what to think about them yet)
Slight Slight Town: raerae(I don't have any real evidence that she's scum, but she doesn't exactly have a super clean slate, either)
Slight Scum: liopoil, Robz(even if he is on v/la, his posts beforehand weren't full of information)
Scum: mail-mi(for hardly posting, and when he did, it barely contained much information)

So, as you can see, mail-mi is the scummiest to me.  He hasn't posted much, and the content isn't that plentiful(basically what I said in parentheses on the list itself).  Vote: mail-mi
I forgot efhw!  I'm not sure, but Slight Town, I suppose.

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: January 27, 2013, 05:29:11 pm »

Kooshie, what's your reason for slight scrumread on lio?

What's the difference between Robz and mail-mi?  Looks like you're dissatisfied with both their posting frequency and content but you have them at different scum levels.  Please explain.

Kooshie

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: January 27, 2013, 05:36:51 pm »

Kooshie, what's your reason for slight scrumread on lio?

What's the difference between Robz and mail-mi?  Looks like you're dissatisfied with both their posting frequency and content but you have them at different scum levels.  Please explain.
Robz and mail-mi are at different levels because Robz is on v/la.  but, now that you mention it, he said he would be gone for the weekend, implying he would be here otherwise.  Pretend I put them on the same level(scum), and I'll think about changing my vote back to Robz: I don't want to change my vote too many times.

my slight scumread on liopoil is partly because of lack of posting(though not nearly as much as mail-mi and Robz), and partly because, he's been acting kind of shady.  I think I would have put him in the same category as you, except he seems a bit less-townish, and his formerly low posts.  I suppose I could have put him on Slight Slight Scum...

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: January 27, 2013, 05:39:53 pm »

Well he is lurking... I am in one other game as well.

And you went quite a long time without posting as well ...  trying to compensate now?
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 41  All

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 20 queries.