Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 41  All

Author Topic: Mafia XXI: Another Dinner Party! - Mafia Win Flawlessly  (Read 108784 times)

Kooshie

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXI: Another Dinner Party! (Newbie Priority Game - Day 1)
« Reply #375 on: January 27, 2013, 10:28:05 am »

Unvote

I have enough doubt about raerae now to unvote, and I'm not voting for anyone else yet,

BUT ...

FYI, Liopoil hasn't posted since 1/24 at 9:52 pm, Robz888 hasn't written since 1/25 at 1:37 am.  Everyone else has posted today, 1/26 as of 10:05 pm. 

What do you guys think?
I'm not sure about this, but a possible Liopoil/Robz team?

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: January 27, 2013, 10:34:18 am »

Unvote

I have enough doubt about raerae now to unvote, and I'm not voting for anyone else yet,

BUT ...

FYI, Liopoil hasn't posted since 1/24 at 9:52 pm, Robz888 hasn't written since 1/25 at 1:37 am.  Everyone else has posted today, 1/26 as of 10:05 pm. 

What do you guys think?
I'm not sure about this, but a possible Liopoil/Robz team?
All of the combinations of two players are possible scum teams. still, I doubt that BOTH scum would be quiet...

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: January 27, 2013, 10:36:40 am »

Ash has been nightkilled, oh no! okay, which one of you did it?
I think you know...

This is the third post of the game (not counting jorbles). Seems a tad aggressive...

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: January 27, 2013, 10:40:07 am »

Vote Count 1.5:

Kooshie (2): mcmcsalot, Jimmmmm
Robz888 (1): mail-mi
raerae (2): EFHW, sudgy

Not Voting (4): Kooshie, liopoil, raerae, Robz888

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Deadline is 4:30 p.m., forum time, on Monday, February 4.

kooshie voted robz since then. FoS people who have strong reads. seriously, 3 people at L-3?

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: January 27, 2013, 11:09:05 am »

FoS people who have strong reads. seriously, 3 people at L-3?[/quote]

I unvoted.  What's FoS?

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: January 27, 2013, 11:14:44 am »

Ash has been nightkilled, oh no! okay, which one of you did it?
I think you know...

This is the third post of the game (not counting jorbles). Seems a tad aggressive...

And this seems a tad suspicious of obvious RVSing.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: January 27, 2013, 11:15:43 am »

FoS people who have strong reads. seriously, 3 people at L-3?

I unvoted.  What's FoS?
[/quote]

Finger of Suspicion. It's kind of like saying, "I've got my eye on you but I'm not quite ready to vote for you yet."

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: January 27, 2013, 11:16:54 am »

FoS people who have strong reads. seriously, 3 people at L-3?

I unvoted.  What's FoS?

Finger of Suspicion. It's kind of like saying, "I've got my eye on you but I'm not quite ready to vote for you yet."

(fixed quoting)

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: January 27, 2013, 11:18:16 am »

FoS people who have strong reads. seriously, 3 people at L-3?...

I unvoted.  What's FoS?

(one more try)

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: January 27, 2013, 11:23:49 am »

I realize it was RVS, it just seemed a bit odd. Probably nothing...

*accuses jimmmmm of faking bad quoting to boost post count even though* it's still wrong by the way. (not a serious accusation)

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: January 27, 2013, 11:27:07 am »

*accuses jimmmmm of faking bad quoting to boost post count even though* it's still wrong by the way. (not a serious accusation)

Just being pedantic. Oh I see how it's wrong now, at least it's wrong for what was intended. I didn't see the closing quote in EFHW's post until I'd already posted twice. You may subtract 2-3  posts from my post count if you like.

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: January 27, 2013, 11:48:19 am »

I have a couple concerns.

1.  All these people trying to identify scumteams D1.  That seems like a recipe for disaster.  Por ejemplo, we decide X & Y are the scummiest and therefore must be a team.  We lynch X for whatever reason.  X flips town and we cry a bit.  After that I figure it can go two ways: Either a) We were so wrong with X, we must be wrong with Y too and Y gets a townpass for really no reason OR b) Well, they were both so scummy that one off them has to be and BOOM! mislynch two.  I guess there is a third option, we could be right, one or both could be scum, that just seems unlikely this early in the game. 

2.  Identifying scum based on weekend posting (or lack thereof).  That's also dangerous.  Weekends are always slow so unless you have more to go on than just, "X hasn't posted since Saturday morning!" this argument doesn't hold much water.  That being said, Robz is a bit shady for being active in other games on Friday but essentially ignoring this one.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: January 27, 2013, 11:55:08 am »

1.  All these people trying to identify scumteams D1.  That seems like a recipe for disaster.  Por ejemplo, we decide X & Y are the scummiest and therefore must be a team.  We lynch X for whatever reason.  X flips town and we cry a bit.  After that I figure it can go two ways: Either a) We were so wrong with X, we must be wrong with Y too and Y gets a townpass for really no reason OR b) Well, they were both so scummy that one off them has to be and BOOM! mislynch two.  I guess there is a third option, we could be right, one or both could be scum, that just seems unlikely this early in the game. 

2.  Identifying scum based on weekend posting (or lack thereof).  That's also dangerous.  Weekends are always slow so unless you have more to go on than just, "X hasn't posted since Saturday morning!" this argument doesn't hold much water.  That being said, Robz is a bit shady for being active in other games on Friday but essentially ignoring this one.

town posts for you! this is very true, scum teams are a good way to help find a reasonable lynch but I don't think its a good way to find mafia if that makes any sense. I often find my top scum read and go hmm who is a viable partner for this person and then do I already find that person scummy as well. If true it reinforces my first scum feeling and makes my top scum read an even better candidate for lynching. This does not mean you should look for teams as a way of finding scum and it does not mean if one is mafia/town so is the other one.
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: January 27, 2013, 11:57:10 am »

Hm...  You mention your first point after people other than you are suspected...

Also, the weekend is when I can post the most...
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: January 27, 2013, 12:01:14 pm »

liopoil is now on my scum list, I agree with jimm he seems to be overreacting a bit to the very old rvs vote. Also I don't like the fos at people for having strong reads, strong reads is what we want. Also putting people at L-3(not a big deal) is a way to get then to respond and react.

Of these wagons, I was perfectly happy with raerae's defense so I do have a town read on her, I still find kooshie scummy, I don't think enough pressure has been put on him for what I believe to be the only real scummy action in the game so far. Robz is looking more and more like scum as his lack of posting begins to turn into lurking.
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #390 on: January 27, 2013, 12:03:55 pm »

Hm...  You mention your first point after people other than you are suspected...

Also, the weekend is when I can post the most...

I mention it now because it seems to have become a "thing."  Before it was just Robz and myself being a team.  When suspicion of me disappeared, I figured people would drop the team thing but then it popped up again with Lio/Robz and I saw a reason to voice that concern. 

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: January 27, 2013, 12:05:45 pm »

liopoil is now on my scum list, I agree with jimm he seems to be overreacting a bit to the very old rvs vote. Also I don't like the fos at people for having strong reads, strong reads is what we want. Also putting people at L-3(not a big deal) is a way to get then to respond and react.

Of these wagons, I was perfectly happy with raerae's defense so I do have a town read on her, I still find kooshie scummy, I don't think enough pressure has been put on him for what I believe to be the only real scummy action in the game so far. Robz is looking more and more like scum as his lack of posting begins to turn into lurking.

Kooshie is a bit on my list too but can you remind me/the rest of the town, is this her early vote on Jimmmmm, defensiveness, and seemingly eager-to-please attitude prior to basically disappearing?

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: January 27, 2013, 12:05:50 pm »

sudgy this quite interest me

Are you saying that she should not have expresse her opinion against scumteam hunting because she was suspected as part of a scum team? Or are you saying its interesting that she has mentioned this now long after people were looking for scumteams, as in she waited to say this until suspicion of her had worn off. I think I know the asnwer but would like to hear raerae's response to this.

Ah you answered while I was typing this, this is in fact what I expected, my town read of raerae stands strong

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: January 27, 2013, 12:10:43 pm »

Kooshie is a bit on my list too but can you remind me/the rest of the town, is this her early vote on Jimmmmm, defensiveness, and seemingly eager-to-please attitude prior to basically disappearing?

This is her early vote on jimm/defensiveness coupled with the actual scum action I speak of. She announced she wanted to put someone at L-3 and voted robz because he was lurking, at that point in time she could also have put I believe efhw to L-3 and he had been lurking more. She defended this by saying robz had been lurking more all game and efhw had not. I looked back and there was never a point except prior to robz first post that efhw was more active then robz. So essentially she put robz at L-3 for a wrong reason, supported it with a wrong reason and when I accused her she simply removed the vote and deflected to looking at other people.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: January 27, 2013, 02:14:01 pm »

This is her early vote on jimm/defensiveness coupled with the actual scum action I speak of. She announced she wanted to put someone at L-3 and voted robz because he was lurking, at that point in time she could also have put I believe efhw to L-3 and he had been lurking more. She defended this by saying robz had been lurking more all game and efhw had not. I looked back and there was never a point except prior to robz first post that efhw was more active then robz. So essentially she put robz at L-3 for a wrong reason, supported it with a wrong reason and when I accused her she simply removed the vote and deflected to looking at other people.

I think this is a bit confused.  I was the one choosing between Robz and Kooshie and chose Robz for lurking.  I've also been pretty consistently active each day, I believe, AND Kooshie never voted against me.  The Jimmmmm vote was clearly RVS and she explained the Thursday absence.  So except for eagerness to please none of those reasons hold water.  She might be scum, I don't know, but not for her voting, IMO. 

Kooshie

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: January 27, 2013, 02:22:57 pm »

Efhw is right, this post is a bit confused.  It seems that you're saying that efhw wasn't very active(which she was).  Also, you said, "..she could also have put I believe efhw to L-3 and he had been lurking more." doesn't make any sense to me.  What are you trying to say?  It just doesn't sound right.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: January 27, 2013, 02:36:07 pm »

wow yes I'm very sorry I completely confused and muddled together a few seperate interaction.
So let me clarify things with some quotes this time, I just reread all the post so far and found the few things I was talking about.

First is my suspicion of Kooshie.
Screw that. Vote: Kooshie for the terrible signature. RVS is fun!
Vote: Jimmmmm for not liking my signature.  But I got rid of it anyway.

This is why I voted for kooshie, and then kooshie proceeded to lurk for quite a while, I have a slight scum read on Kooshie.

Now for the next scummy interaction I found having to do with Sudgy
raerae is not mad shes very sassy, you will understand quickly.

also I don't give sudgy that much credit for the post he made

I'm mainly pushing towards things to get the game moving.  And I said you were just being slightly suspicious.  Just asking a lot of questions.  I'm not set in stone that you two are mafia, it's just that I felt doing things like this would let me see people's reactions.  If we got close to having all the votes for robz or you, I would consider it more seriously whether to still vote for you or not.

And if you guys think I'm over-analyzing, it's just how I play this game.  (you guys might not believe me, but oh well.)

He is mainly clarifying himself and doing it in a way I find defensive, I like the idea of pushing conversation along but the end part is something I can see scum saying. Like oh crap I guess I pushed too hard I should cover my tracks with a thats just me post.

I considered not saying the last part for that reason, but I felt like I should say it.  I was thinking that people would think I am scum and accuse me for that.
This did ring scummy to me as I said at the time for the defensiveness/covering of ones tracks.

Now for the part I messed up before.
@efhw, why is Robz' lurkiness more suspect than Kooshie's?

At that point, kooshie was being really active.

There has been no point other than before robz was even here that koshie was more active, he is the least active person here. So your previous post is false.
It was in fact efhw that I found scummy for giving a wrong reasoning for voting.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: January 27, 2013, 02:38:55 pm »

So to summarize and bring my vote up to date(so I don't get confused again)

vote: EFHWthis is my top scum read at the moment

Sudgy and Kooshie are close for me next scum read, though all of the reads are based off things these people have done rather than some people who have been lurking. I am going to do a post count next to see how my scum reads hold up compared to that.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: January 27, 2013, 02:42:50 pm »

Kooshie: please edit your profile so that it says your isotropic username is Kooshie, even if you don't have an iso. Makes it much easier to do a post count and to re-read you.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: January 27, 2013, 03:03:13 pm »

Robz888: 10
raerae: 27
Jimmmmm: 23
sudgy: 25
liopoil: 11
mcmcsalot: 23
EFHW: 17
Kooshie: 21
Mail-mi: 8

yes it was quite difficult but I got it.
The low posters from this are Mail-mi, Robz, and Liopoil.
I would definitely like to hear more from mail-mi perhaps thoughts on my analysis of efhw/sudgy/kooshie, or thoughts of his own.
I have a slight scum read on liopoil due to lurking post status as well as the fos for people having strong reads.
From this, my scum read of kooshie which was based off of a very early omgus and lurking which she isn't doing. I'm back to a null read on kooshie.
EFHW post count neither clears nor damn's her so I will leave my vote there.

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 41  All

Page created in 0.245 seconds with 20 queries.