Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 41  All

Author Topic: Mafia XXI: Another Dinner Party! - Mafia Win Flawlessly  (Read 108839 times)

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXI: Another Dinner Party! (Newbie Priority Game - Day 1)
« Reply #350 on: January 25, 2013, 03:58:16 pm »

Vote Count 1.5:

Kooshie (2): mcmcsalot, Jimmmmm
Robz888 (1): mail-mi
raerae (2): EFHW, sudgy

Not Voting (4): Kooshie, liopoil, raerae, Robz888

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Deadline is 4:30 p.m., forum time, on Monday, February 4.

Kooshie

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: January 25, 2013, 04:03:45 pm »

I'd like to hear from Kooshie. Where's that krazy kat?
kat...?

Kooshie

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: January 25, 2013, 04:14:59 pm »

Robz, you haven't had a ton to say (not a lot to go on, I know) but will you have time to before you go v/la to get in here?

Raerae asking Robz to say something? Seems suspicious... Further conformation of Robz/raerae?

I hope there is sarcasm here because if not, well, that's just absurd.  I've also asked Kooshie to say things.  Why not throw him in with my scumteam?  Robz and Kooshie have been the quietest so far.  We can't analyze everything unless everybody talks. 

Ponder this for a moment, if Robz and I were on a team why would I continue to directly engage him in conversation when anything and everything I say to him/about him/can be construed as somehow relating to him, is just one more strike against me? 

Ya'll are going to get to China at the rate you're tunneling.
I'm a girl.  Also, it does seem like I'm lurking, but I was very busy yesterday, and usually will be on all thursdays.  I haven't played before, so I'm not sure how to best go about trying to figure out who's scum, so I guess being lurky is just my strategy right now.  I'll try to change that.

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: January 25, 2013, 06:44:20 pm »

I'm a girl.  Also, it does seem like I'm lurking, but I was very busy yesterday, and usually will be on all thursdays.  I haven't played before, so I'm not sure how to best go about trying to figure out who's scum, so I guess being lurky is just my strategy right now.  I'll try to change that.

I don't know what to tell you about scumhunting but lurking only works for a few lucky souls.  You could start by giving your thoughts on the reads so far.  Every little bit of conversation helps.

Kooshie

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: January 25, 2013, 07:00:42 pm »

@mcmc  Why did you mention a possible sudgy/kooshie team?

@Jimmmmm, mcmc, mail, Kooshie  What do you think about the robz/raerae speculation? 
   Jimmmmm, you know them the best.
I'm not sure.  they haven't exactly been acting like they're both scum, but neither of them are very town read to me.  I think that it is very plausible, but, then again, I don't feel like we have quite enough to go on.  Or, at least, I feel I don't.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: January 25, 2013, 07:15:47 pm »

I don't like the robz/raerae speculation, I know raerae is an easy mislynch to force, I did so in my first game as a complete newbie. Robz is my brother and I feel I have done well reading him in the past, he has not posted enough for me to get a read on him but I have nothing to tell me hes scum.
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: January 25, 2013, 07:16:30 pm »

Actually come to think of it he has done something that rings town with me but I don't want to say as if he is scum he could continue to do it to throw me off.
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: January 25, 2013, 09:51:19 pm »

Since we need more to go on, how about everyone gives their answer to this question:

Which part of being scum would be/is the most fun?  The least?

I'll start and say most fun would be having someone to plot with and least would be being called "scum". 

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: January 26, 2013, 01:10:31 am »

Since we need more to go on, how about everyone gives their answer to this question:

I'll start and say most fun would be having someone to plot with and least would be being called "scum".

I really don't think it sounds fun.  Does that make me strange?  Too much lying and sneaking and second guessing before posting.  IC on the other hand, that was a solid blast and I would play that every time.

@Kooshie, you've played some IRL, yes?  What do you consider town play?  Scum play?

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: January 26, 2013, 02:15:28 am »

Most fun, having something different than you usually do (I tend to get very unlucky in irl games and almost never get mafia)...  Least, having to worry about if you are acting too suspicious (I still worry about this as town, but not as much).
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #360 on: January 26, 2013, 02:32:59 am »

I must say I don't particularly like playing as scum, although it's kind of cool to be able to plot in secret and to have more knowledge than most. When I'm Town and someone calls me scum, I can think to myself, "Well at least if they're Town they'll end up knowing that they're wrong." But as scum you have to argue for things that you know are not true, which isn't something I really enjoy doing.

sudgy

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: January 26, 2013, 02:53:49 am »

Something I noticed, is that EFHW seemed awfully certain that raerae is mafia...  Why is that?

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: January 26, 2013, 03:05:37 am »

Something I noticed, is that EFHW seemed awfully certain that raerae is mafia...  Why is that?

Re-read eefoo, and I didn't get "awfully certain" from it. Here is what she's said about her:

VOTE: Robz888 for not voting yet.  Also, having suspicions of a Robz-Raerae Mafia team.  She voted for him without even a made up reason, maybe distancing herself from association with him.

@raerae Why so mad?

@Jimmmmm, mcmc, mail, Kooshie  What do you think about the robz/raerae speculation? 

I noticed Robz hadn't voted, and thought that was a good excuse for "pinging" him.  Then I noticed raerae's "oh is it RVS?", which didn't quite ring true to me, so I mentioned both ideas. 

So what's the protocol here?  From reading DS9, it seems like people state their observations and their estimate of the "scumminess" of people's posts/votes/actions, meaning "sounding like could be scum talking", NOT "this is a scummy person/post".  Of what I've seen so far, Robz's lurking and raerae's defensiveness seem the "scummiest".  raerae's reaction seems extreme to me.

VOTE: raerae

What of this strikes you as awfully certain?

sudgy

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: January 26, 2013, 01:59:20 pm »

Re-read eefoo, and I didn't get "awfully certain" from it. Here is what she's said about her:

VOTE: Robz888 for not voting yet.  Also, having suspicions of a Robz-Raerae Mafia team.  She voted for him without even a made up reason, maybe distancing herself from association with him.

@raerae Why so mad?

I noticed Robz hadn't voted, and thought that was a good excuse for "pinging" him.  Then I noticed raerae's "oh is it RVS?", which didn't quite ring true to me, so I mentioned both ideas. 

So what's the protocol here?  From reading DS9, it seems like people state their observations and their estimate of the "scumminess" of people's posts/votes/actions, meaning "sounding like could be scum talking", NOT "this is a scummy person/post".  Of what I've seen so far, Robz's lurking and raerae's defensiveness seem the "scummiest".  raerae's reaction seems extreme to me.

VOTE: raerae

What of this strikes you as awfully certain?

Mainly the last post.  Especially that last sentence, "raerae's reaction seems extreme to me."

Kooshie

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: January 26, 2013, 02:01:02 pm »

I really don't think it sounds fun.  Does that make me strange?  Too much lying and sneaking and second guessing before posting.  IC on the other hand, that was a solid blast and I would play that every time.

@Kooshie, you've played some IRL, yes?  What do you consider town play?  Scum play?
I've once, a long time ago.  Honestly, I'm not exactly sure.  When I say I've really played before, I mean apart from the one IRL game I played.  Scum play, in part, I think, is having sudden changes on who they think is scum(after RVS)depending on how many people think that person is scum.  When saying their reason for switching their vote, I think they say something that takes up a lot of room, but doesn't say much.  Like, "I think this person is scum because they have been acting scummy.  They said this, and I interpret this as something that means nothing, and a bunch of stuff other people said, just in 'my own words'" Of course, not only scum do this, I'm sure town also do, if they don't have any real suspicions and don't want to be lynched, and not all scum do this, I just think it might be something they do.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: January 26, 2013, 07:19:02 pm »

I still vote Robz because I haven't seen him post since I voted on him.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Kooshie

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: January 26, 2013, 07:47:48 pm »

true.  very true.  he did say he didn't have any real suspicions, but I think he could still post his thoughts.  Lke I've been trying to do.  Vote: Robz

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: January 26, 2013, 07:55:54 pm »

true.  very true.  he did say he didn't have any real suspicions, but I think he could still post his thoughts.  Lke I've been trying to do.  Vote: Robz
Maybe he doesn't take a newbie game as seriously.

sudgy

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: January 26, 2013, 09:33:46 pm »

Maybe he doesn't take a newbie game as seriously.

He was posting a fair amount before...  I'm not sure.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: January 26, 2013, 09:55:51 pm »

weekends are sadly a low post time for everyone, which makes it a tad difficult to get things moving.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: January 26, 2013, 09:58:45 pm »

I guess I can answer the question posed earlier, Best thing about being scum is having a partner or partners to talk with, its an immediate bond since you get to trust someone(my first game here was as scum and a great intro) least was feeling like I would mess it up for my partners.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: January 26, 2013, 10:07:20 pm »

Unvote

I have enough doubt about raerae now to unvote, and I'm not voting for anyone else yet,

BUT ...

FYI, Liopoil hasn't posted since 1/24 at 9:52 pm, Robz888 hasn't written since 1/25 at 1:37 am.  Everyone else has posted today, 1/26 as of 10:05 pm. 

What do you guys think?

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: January 26, 2013, 10:13:51 pm »

Are we allowed to use information from other games currently playing, such as post frequency, recency or content?

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: January 26, 2013, 10:46:09 pm »

Are we allowed to use information from other games currently playing, such as post frequency, recency or content?

You may not discuss ongoing games.  You may discuss finished games.

You may mention that so-and-so posted in "another thread" but not this one as a way to talk about this game.

Taking into account how players act in other games in general is called "meta discussion" and is often utilized.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

sudgy

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: January 27, 2013, 12:38:14 am »

I accuse everyone but me, mcmcsalot, and EFHW for not posting recently.  ;)

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 41  All

Page created in 1.133 seconds with 20 queries.