Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 41  All

Author Topic: Mafia XXI: Another Dinner Party! - Mafia Win Flawlessly  (Read 108783 times)

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXI: Another Dinner Party! (Newbie Priority Game - Day 1)
« Reply #325 on: January 24, 2013, 10:44:06 pm »

raerae is not mad shes very sassy, you will understand quickly.

also I don't give sudgy that much credit for the post he made

I'm mainly pushing towards things to get the game moving.  And I said you were just being slightly suspicious.  Just asking a lot of questions.  I'm not set in stone that you two are mafia, it's just that I felt doing things like this would let me see people's reactions.  If we got close to having all the votes for robz or you, I would consider it more seriously whether to still vote for you or not.

And if you guys think I'm over-analyzing, it's just how I play this game.  (you guys might not believe me, but oh well.)

He is mainly clarifying himself and doing it in a way I find defensive, I like the idea of pushing conversation along but the end part is something I can see scum saying. Like oh crap I guess I pushed too hard I should cover my tracks with a thats just me post.
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: January 24, 2013, 10:53:48 pm »

raerae is not mad shes very sassy, you will understand quickly.

also I don't give sudgy that much credit for the post he made

I'm mainly pushing towards things to get the game moving.  And I said you were just being slightly suspicious.  Just asking a lot of questions.  I'm not set in stone that you two are mafia, it's just that I felt doing things like this would let me see people's reactions.  If we got close to having all the votes for robz or you, I would consider it more seriously whether to still vote for you or not.

And if you guys think I'm over-analyzing, it's just how I play this game.  (you guys might not believe me, but oh well.)

He is mainly clarifying himself and doing it in a way I find defensive, I like the idea of pushing conversation along but the end part is something I can see scum saying. Like oh crap I guess I pushed too hard I should cover my tracks with a thats just me post.

I considered not saying the last part for that reason, but I felt like I should say it.  I was thinking that people would think I am scum and accuse me for that.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: January 24, 2013, 10:56:50 pm »

yes, its that that worries me. Normally you only worry people will think I'm mafia if your mafia.
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: January 24, 2013, 10:59:54 pm »

@Jimmmmm, mcmc, mail, Kooshie  What do you think about the robz/raerae speculation? 
   Jimmmmm, you know them the best.

If the Robz/raerae speculation is based off raerae RVSing Robz, then I'd say a Robz/raerae team looks just about as likely as any other scumteam.

I noticed Robz hadn't voted, and thought that was a good excuse for "pinging" him.  Then I noticed raerae's "oh is it RVS?", which didn't quite ring true to me, so I mentioned both ideas. 

So what's the protocol here?  From reading DS9, it seems like people state their observations and their estimate of the "scumminess" of people's posts/votes/actions, meaning "sounding like could be scum talking", NOT "this is a scummy person/post".  Of what I've seen so far, Robz's lurking and raerae's defensiveness seem the "scummiest".  raerae's reaction seems extreme to me.

VOTE: raerae

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: January 24, 2013, 11:12:12 pm »

Vote Count 1.4:

Kooshie (2): mcmcsalot, Jimmmmm
Robz888 (2): sudgy, mail-mi
raerae (1): EFHW

Not Voting (4): Kooshie, liopoil, raerae, Robz888

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Please note, it's sliding into weekend territory here, and Monday is Australia Day.  Expect fewer vote counts over the long weekend.  I'll be checking in, and Jorbles is a more than capable Deputy.

Deadline is 4:30 p.m., forum time, on Monday, February 4.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
« Reply #330 on: January 24, 2013, 11:16:17 pm »

@efhw, why is Robz' lurkiness more suspect than Kooshie's? 

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: January 24, 2013, 11:25:07 pm »

I'm a really-newbie to forum games, what's RVS?
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: January 24, 2013, 11:27:18 pm »

Originally stood of Random Voting Stage, recently (semi)jokingly became known as Robz Voting Stage.

Veterany vets, correct me if I'm wrong, please.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: January 24, 2013, 11:30:16 pm »

At that point, kooshie was being really active. 

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: January 24, 2013, 11:35:12 pm »

Generally speaking, Random Voting Stage.  Also: Robz888 Voting Stage, Relentless Voltgloss Syndrome.

See this thread (http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=5315.0) for more lingo tips.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: January 25, 2013, 12:08:25 am »

Originally stood of Random Voting Stage, recently (semi)jokingly became known as Robz Voting Stage.

Veterany vets, correct me if I'm wrong, please.

I'm not particularly Veterany, but this is correct, and I interpreted raerae's "RVS" as Robz Voting Stage. I've yet to see any substantial reason to have anything but a nullread on both Robz and raerae.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: January 25, 2013, 01:16:08 am »

Okay, I don't have terribly much to say about the game specifically at this point, so I'll mention some less specific things.

Firstly, it would be absolutely wonderful if those of us who don't have something listed under Goko or isotropic username could put something down (preferable for exactly one of them). This helps immensely with re-reading people, that is, reading each post of a particular person in order to develop analysis on them, as it gives something to Ctrl-F.

Secondly, a note on how long the game should take, game-day wise. We're currently at 7-2, that is, 7 Town-2 scum. Worst case, it's 5-2 day 2, and 3-2 day 3. 3-2 is lylo, which means "lynch or lose", ie if we mislynch at lylo, scum wins. If we manage to hit scum day 1, that'll put it at 6-1 day 2, and then if we mislynch, 4-1 day 3 and 2-1 day 4, again at lylo. So, without any Doctor intervention, the game will last for either 2 (flawless Town win), 3 (flawless Mafia win) or 4 days.

Next, LaLL, that is, Lynch all Lurkers, Literally (the Literally part was added on by Robz). What we do every game is argue for a while, make some cases, then do a post count and just lynch the person with the least number of posts. In this way, Town wins almost every game. Okay, not really, but there seems to be somewhat of a cycle where during the game people say "Lynch the lurkers", but then they say, "No I think we can do better than just LaLL", but then after the game they say "We should have LaLLed". So yeah, for whatever reason scum seem to post less than Town, so that's something to watch out for. So this is not to say "Everyone post heaps or we'll lynch you", but if you genuinely want to catch scum, then do your best to contribute as much meaningful content as you can.

sudgy

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: January 25, 2013, 01:26:14 am »

Firstly, it would be absolutely wonderful if those of us who don't have something listed under Goko or isotropic username could put something down (preferable for exactly one of them). This helps immensely with re-reading people, that is, reading each post of a particular person in order to develop analysis on them, as it gives something to Ctrl-F.

I feel stupid for saying this, but I don't quite get what you mean by this...  All I see underneath the isotropic/goko username is the avatar and the little icons, neither of which can be Ctrl+Fed...  Could you say it a little more clearly?

Next, LaLL, that is, Lynch all Lurkers, Literally (the Literally part was added on by Robz). What we do every game is argue for a while, make some cases, then do a post count and just lynch the person with the least number of posts. In this way, Town wins almost every game. Okay, not really, but there seems to be somewhat of a cycle where during the game people say "Lynch the lurkers", but then they say, "No I think we can do better than just LaLL", but then after the game they say "We should have LaLLed". So yeah, for whatever reason scum seem to post less than Town, so that's something to watch out for. So this is not to say "Everyone post heaps or we'll lynch you", but if you genuinely want to catch scum, then do your best to contribute as much meaningful content as you can.

I feel like playing that way would make the game less fun.  Would you rather just play Big Money or a complex strategy? (I hope no one signed up on the dominionstrategy forum just to play mafia.)

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: January 25, 2013, 01:32:38 am »

I feel stupid for saying this, but I don't quite get what you mean by this...  All I see underneath the isotropic/goko username is the avatar and the little icons, neither of which can be Ctrl+Fed...  Could you say it a little more clearly?

If you Ctrl-F "sudgy", you'll get all your posts plus everywhere that someone has typed your name, so that's not particularly useful. But you Ctrl-F "Isotropic username: sudgy", or just "me: sudgy", you'll get just your posts.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: January 25, 2013, 01:33:15 am »

Oh and this is most useful if you select "All", rather than just a particular page.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: January 25, 2013, 01:37:17 am »

I sure have a lot of votes. Why is this? Explain yourselves.

I can't yet tell the new people apart from one another.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: January 25, 2013, 09:12:13 am »

There has been no point other than before robz was even here that koshie was more active, he is the least active person here. So your previous post is false.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: January 25, 2013, 10:15:25 am »

There has been no point other than before robz was even here that koshie was more active, he is the least active person here. So your previous post is false.

I'm also no longer voting for Robz.  Let's hear some alternate theories.  I'm open-minded.

sudgy

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: January 25, 2013, 01:29:12 pm »

I'm also no longer voting for Robz.  Let's hear some alternate theories.  I'm open-minded.

I think one reason I was thinking of raerae was because of the way she reacted to my accusations.  (To the people that know her better, you might prove me wrong.)

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: January 25, 2013, 01:44:55 pm »

I think one reason I was thinking of raerae was because of the way she reacted to my accusations.  (To the people that know her better, you might prove me wrong.)

same here

sudgy

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: January 25, 2013, 01:46:35 pm »

I'm going to change my vote back to Vote: raerae.

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: January 25, 2013, 03:08:59 pm »

Robz, you haven't had a ton to say (not a lot to go on, I know) but will you have time to before you go v/la to get in here?

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: January 25, 2013, 03:21:02 pm »

Robz, you haven't had a ton to say (not a lot to go on, I know) but will you have time to before you go v/la to get in here?

Raerae asking Robz to say something? Seems suspicious... Further conformation of Robz/raerae?
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: January 25, 2013, 03:29:01 pm »

Raerae asking Robz to say something? Seems suspicious... Further conformation of Robz/raerae?

I hope there is sarcasm here because if not, well, that's just absurd.  I've also asked Kooshie to say things.  Why not throw him in with my scumteam?  Robz and Kooshie have been the quietest so far.  We can't analyze everything unless everybody talks. 

Ponder this for a moment, if Robz and I were on a team why would I continue to directly engage him in conversation when anything and everything I say to him/about him/can be construed as somehow relating to him, is just one more strike against me? 

Ya'll are going to get to China at the rate you're tunneling. 

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: January 25, 2013, 03:55:58 pm »

I hope there is sarcasm here because if not, well, that's just absurd.  I've also asked Kooshie to say things.  Why not throw him in with my scumteam?  Robz and Kooshie have been the quietest so far.  We can't analyze everything unless everybody talks. 

Ponder this for a moment, if Robz and I were on a team why would I continue to directly engage him in conversation when anything and everything I say to him/about him/can be construed as somehow relating to him, is just one more strike against me? 

Ya'll are going to get to China at the rate you're tunneling.

Yeah, it's mostly sarcasm.

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 41  All

Page created in 0.111 seconds with 20 queries.