Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 41  All

Author Topic: Mafia XXI: Another Dinner Party! - Mafia Win Flawlessly  (Read 108813 times)

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXI: Another Dinner Party! (Newbie Priority Game - Day 1)
« Reply #250 on: January 23, 2013, 05:35:07 pm »

@EFHW, can we just call you eefoo?

I wasn't asked if I could be called mom salon! but actually efoo would be much easier

That's because, well, who wouldn't want to be called mom salon??

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: January 23, 2013, 05:58:19 pm »

Question (either directed at Jimmmmm, Robz, or the mods, whoever answers first):  If mafia chooses to NK a doctor/cop/etc., does town get to know the result of the doctor/cop/etc. night actions if they were performed?  Assuming no mafia roleblocker was involved.

Also, what are people's thoughts if we have a doctor/cop/etc. and they have results from night actions?  When, if ever, should they make those result known?

Please try not to read too far into this, I just reread the set-up and was wondering and am hoping it will get some conversation flowing.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: January 23, 2013, 06:00:45 pm »

Question (either directed at Jimmmmm, Robz, or the mods, whoever answers first):  If mafia chooses to NK a doctor/cop/etc., does town get to know the result of the doctor/cop/etc. night actions if they were performed?  Assuming no mafia roleblocker was involved.

If a player dies during the night, at day start the town will be informed of the death and that player's alignment and role.  If the player that was killed was a power role, they will not be able to say anything about their actions because they will be dead.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: January 23, 2013, 06:05:40 pm »

Also, what are people's thoughts if we have a doctor/cop/etc. and they have results from night actions?  When, if ever, should they make those result known?

Please try not to read too far into this, I just reread the set-up and was wondering and am hoping it will get some conversation flowing.

I would go ahead and say a cop should only identify themselves if they got a scum result, medic should probably always stay secret. Question to the mod if the medic saves a person from an NK what will be said.
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: January 23, 2013, 06:08:19 pm »

Absolutely, these are goo things for the newbies to know, too.

If you are a Cop, and you receive a scum result, you should immediately come forward.

If you receive a town result, you should remain silent. If the player you received a town result on is looking like the person we are going to lynch, try to argue forcefully against this lynch without giving away that you are the Cop. It is probably preferable for that person to be lynched, rather than to lose your cover.

If the Cop comes forward, and there is a Doctor, it is imperative that the Doctor remain secret, and protect the Cop. If there is a Jailkeeper instead of a Doctor, you may still consider jailing the Cop to keep him safe, maybe 50% of the time.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: January 23, 2013, 06:08:45 pm »

And if someone claims a role, and you know they are lying because you are that role, you MUST come forward.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: January 23, 2013, 06:10:43 pm »

Question to the mod if the medic saves a person from an NK what will be said.

If no players die during the night, at day start the town will be informed of that, and nothing else.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: January 23, 2013, 06:12:44 pm »

so I think the medic should treat saving someone the same way cop treats finding town, if they are going to be lynched argue for them but don't come out as medic.
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: January 23, 2013, 06:16:27 pm »

If you are a Cop, and you receive a scum result, you should immediately come forward.

Is there benefit to seeing how the day plays out instead of claiming right away?  My thoughts are that town may benefit from more interaction, possibly find their scum friend? 

New folks, any ideas?

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: January 23, 2013, 06:19:09 pm »

Is there benefit to seeing how the day plays out instead of claiming right away?  My thoughts are that town may benefit from more interaction, possibly find their scum friend? 

New folks, any ideas?

this is a great idea, obviously don't let the day drag too some ridiculous point,(I doubt that will happen here) but let them interact with people

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: January 23, 2013, 06:25:54 pm »

New folks, any ideas?

this is a great idea, obviously don't let the day drag too some ridiculous point,(I doubt that will happen here) but let them interact with people

What are you talking about mcmc?  Days never drag on too long...

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: January 23, 2013, 06:34:05 pm »

so I think the medic should treat saving someone the same way cop treats finding town, if they are going to be lynched argue for them but don't come out as medic.

What? The medic doesn't end up knowing things the way the cop does. If the medic saves someone and nobody dies, it could be because the Jailkeeper jailed the killer or victim.

If you know there's no JK, and there is a Cop, then yeah, a Doctor who saves someone and then no one dies knows that person is innocent.

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: January 23, 2013, 06:35:20 pm »

But no jail keeper in this set-up, correct?

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
Re: Newbie Mafia I: Another Dinner Party! (Sign-ups Open)
« Reply #263 on: January 23, 2013, 06:36:46 pm »

This game will use the F11 set-up.  (http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=F11)

The set-up will be chosen at random from these four options:

1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Roleblocker, 1 Sane Cop, 1 Doctor, 5 Townies.
1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Roleblocker, 7 Townies.
2 Mafia Goons, 1 Sane Cop, 6 Townies.
2 Mafia Goons, 1 Doctor, 6 Townies.

yea this is it.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: January 23, 2013, 06:38:13 pm »

But no jail keeper in this set-up, correct?

Oh, jeez. Sorry. I assumed this was the normal setup. It's a different one. Okay. Interesting. Ignore everything I said about a Jailkeeper.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: January 23, 2013, 06:52:44 pm »

Hello.

Important information for new players:

I am Robz888. I am the most frequent player of Forum Mafia; I have played every single game hosted here. Mcmcsalot is my brother, who recently joined the community.

Jimm and raerae are newer players, but I've already gotten to know them fairly well. Liopoil, too, to a lesser extent.

Kooshie, sudgy, Efhw, and mail-mi: I do not know you at all. Could each of you state your familiarity with the game of mafia, your relationship to anyone else on the fourm (if any), and your gender (if you prefer one?). Thanks.

Hey I'm mail-mi, I'm male (mail, get it?). I own the game Werewolf (different version of Mafia, if you don't know) and I love it. I'm usually the mod. irl, so I know how rl mafia works. I don't have any relationship to really anybody on the forum.

I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: January 23, 2013, 06:54:49 pm »

VOTE: mail-mi 'cause he/she seems to like mail.

Aww, come on!

P.S. mail is there for an entirely different purpose. I like email much more than mail ;D
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: January 23, 2013, 07:19:40 pm »

you say that if a cop comes forward and you are the doctor you should protect the cop. I'm not so sure about this. if there is a cop and doc then there is also a role-blocker. roleblocker will block the cop, so maybe it is worth saving somebody else. Not sure about this though... This makes the cop less valuable, because once the cop hits scum once there is a 50-50 chance that the cop will never get another result. unless we lynch the roleblocker. If the roleblocker is lynched and you are the cop you should come forward and the doc will protect you, at which point town will be well on its way to victory :D.

Theory talk over. RVS time.

Vote: sudgy for being the last one to post. this is only 99.9% RVS.

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: January 23, 2013, 07:43:46 pm »

@lio, I am, admittedly, terrible at math.  Can you spell out how you came up with 50/50 probability here? 

@mail-mi, how do you anticipate forum mafia being different than IRL?  Other than the obvious: lacking visuals. 

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: January 23, 2013, 08:08:50 pm »

if there is a cop then there are two possible scenarios, 2 goons, 1 cop, 6 townies, or 1 goon, one roleblocker, 1 cop, 1 doc, 5 townies. the if there is a roleblocker he will block the cop once he has come forward. Of these two scenarios, one has a roleblocker, one doesn't. so 50/50 chance of cop being blocked forever. Actually now that I think about it if there ISN'T a roleblocker then scum will NK the cop, so when a cop gets a scum result, that will be their last result.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #270 on: January 23, 2013, 08:18:26 pm »

if there is a cop then there are two possible scenarios, 2 goons, 1 cop, 6 townies, or 1 goon, one roleblocker, 1 cop, 1 doc, 5 townies. the if there is a roleblocker he will block the cop once he has come forward. Of these two scenarios, one has a roleblocker, one doesn't. so 50/50 chance of cop being blocked forever. Actually now that I think about it if there ISN'T a roleblocker then scum will NK the cop, so when a cop gets a scum result, that will be their last result.

wow very good catch, any thoughts on cop waiting to get two results if they get a scum result on night 1?

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: January 23, 2013, 08:31:08 pm »

Hello.

Important information for new players:

I am Robz888. I am the most frequent player of Forum Mafia; I have played every single game hosted here. Mcmcsalot is my brother, who recently joined the community.

Jimm and raerae are newer players, but I've already gotten to know them fairly well. Liopoil, too, to a lesser extent.

Kooshie, sudgy, Efhw, and mail-mi: I do not know you at all. Could each of you state your familiarity with the game of mafia, your relationship to anyone else on the fourm (if any), and your gender (if you prefer one?). Thanks.

I've played a lot irl.  I tend to be one of the better-ish players in my group.  I don't know anyone else on the forum (at least that I'm aware of), and I'm male.

Vote: sudgy for being the last one to post. this is only 99.9% RVS.

I just forgot that it started today.  I did some work, played dominion, then thought, "Oh yeah!  It starts today!"

As for who's scum, I have no idea.  I'll refrain from voting for now.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: January 23, 2013, 08:39:16 pm »

Wait a second!  Are we still in RVS? 

Vote: Robz

sudgy

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: January 23, 2013, 08:41:57 pm »

@mail-mi, how do you anticipate forum mafia being different than IRL?  Other than the obvious: lacking visuals.

Actually, I'm already noticing a big difference.  When playing irl, I'm forced to observe everything.  On here, I have to force myself to observe everything.  I didn't expect this much of a difference...  (and I know, we've barely started.)

sudgy

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: January 23, 2013, 08:43:41 pm »

Alright, to do more:

Vote: raerae for asking a lot of questions.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 41  All

Page created in 0.129 seconds with 20 queries.