Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Exploring a Newbie Game(s)  (Read 996 times)

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
Exploring a Newbie Game(s)
« on: January 05, 2013, 05:59:25 pm »

Figured we could use a thread for this topic. To be clear this is not a signup thread for a newbie game, but a place to discuss the potential newbie games, who would host newbie games, when to host newbie games and who would play newbie games. Also potentially to allows new players to come here to find out where the best place to start playing is.

Ashersky suggested F11, see the quote below as a potential game type to use as well as potential new player who would like to join.
Further to the true newbie game--do we want it run concurrently with other games?  That is, as a separate category?

If so, I can mod if I get some help.  I'd run F11 (http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=F11) with basically no flavor.  The game would be for raerae, mcmcsalot, ipoloil, and any other newbies.  Maybe Jimmmmm?  Anyone else?

As in past games I think it is viable to keep some slots open for newer players and also allow the signup thread to open for a bit longer to allow for newer players to notice it and sign up--as they wont' notice the signup as quickly as say other active players.

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
Re: Exploring a Newbie Game(s)
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2013, 01:23:18 pm »

Wasn't ignoring!  Didn't know it was here!  Thanks for creating this, yuma!

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2013, 01:35:03 pm »

Yes, it would be neat to have a sticky on the Mafia-Forums that says a little about this group and how/when/where to signup for a game.  I feel like there are more things we could be doing to encourage newer players, and I love playing with them!

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2013, 04:43:17 pm »

Yes, it would be neat to have a sticky on the Mafia-Forums that says a little about this group and how/when/where to signup for a game.  I feel like there are more things we could be doing to encourage newer players, and I love playing with beating them!
FTFY

I think running the occasional newbie game is a great idea. It'll prevent a lot of us from signing up in too many games.

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2013, 05:19:53 pm »

Yes, it would be neat to have a sticky on the Mafia-Forums that says a little about this group and how/when/where to signup for a game.  I feel like there are more things we could be doing to encourage newer players, and I love playing with beating them!
FTFY

I think running the occasional newbie game is a great idea. It'll prevent a lot of us from signing up in too many games.

He just enjoys beating people in real life.  Of course it would extend to the forums.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 20 queries.