Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 125  All

Author Topic: Mafia XIX: Deep Space Nine Mafia (Day 7)  (Read 264490 times)

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XIX: Deep Space Nine Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2013, 07:40:58 pm »

Wait wait wait. Nobody claim anything just yet.

I'm not sure if it's a mod oversight, and I'm not sure if I'm breaking the game.

But I am not town-aligned. I am the equivalent of town-aligned, but there is a different word for the "town" faction.

Eevee claimed town in his first post.

This may only work once (or not at all if Joth snuffs us out), but I'd like Eevee to claim his specific alignment.
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2013, 07:41:11 pm »

I think flavor name claim is good.

This is actually a good topic for serious discussion. What's the reason not to do this? I guess it's if your flavor name is in some way  connected to your role, this would be giving too much information away. The upside is... I guess do scum get scummy flavor names? If they did, we should absolutely flavor claim.

I think the idea is that any flavor name could be any alignment, because the scum are all sort of "bizarro" versions of DS9 good guys, right? (pardon my lack of star trek knowledge)

If the scum are all bizarro versions, we should flavor claim. If there are two people with every flavor name, we narrow down each scum to one person or the other, or force them to lie. Yes?
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Cuzz

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Cuzz
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2013, 07:43:23 pm »

This is actually a good topic for serious discussion. What's the reason not to do this? I guess it's if your flavor name is in some way  connected to your role, this would be giving too much information away. The upside is... I guess do scum get scummy flavor names? If they did, we should absolutely flavor claim.

I think the idea is that any flavor name could be any alignment, because the scum are all sort of "bizarro" versions of DS9 good guys, right? (pardon my lack of star trek knowledge)

If the scum are all bizarro versions, we should flavor claim. If there are two people with every flavor name, we narrow down each scum to one person or the other, or force them to lie. Yes?

Nonono, not bizarro versions of good guys in this game, just good guys in the show. If I knew any characters other than my own flavor name I'd give an example.

Cuzz

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2013, 07:45:23 pm »

I'm not sure if it's a mod oversight, and I'm not sure if I'm breaking the game.

But I am not town-aligned. I am the equivalent of town-aligned, but there is a different word for the "town" faction.

This may only work once (or not at all if Joth snuffs us out), but I'd like Eevee to claim his specific alignment.

Joth should maybe fix this ASAP.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2013, 07:46:47 pm »

Agreed. No fun in ruining the game that way. Town-aligned players in this game are "Station-aligned." And I'm not confirming whether or not I already made that clear to any non-Station-aligned players.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2013, 07:47:12 pm »

Joth should maybe fix this ASAP.

Probably. I don't want to break the game. But there's a chance it's intentional, maybe.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2013, 07:48:02 pm »

Nonono, not bizarro versions of good guys in this game, just good guys in the show. If I knew any characters other than my own flavor name I'd give an example.

No, I know that. But like, let's say Jack Smith is a character on the show. So we have Jack Smith and Bizarro Jack Smith. Scum can't claim Bizarro Jack Smith--because Bizarros are scum--and scum can't claim Jack Smith--because the real Jack Smith would counterclaim him. So they have to, uh, pick some random, perhaps obscure character and hope for the best.

Cuzz

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2013, 07:49:45 pm »

No, I know that. But like, let's say Jack Smith is a character on the show. So we have Jack Smith and Bizarro Jack Smith. Scum can't claim Bizarro Jack Smith--because Bizarros are scum--and scum can't claim Jack Smith--because the real Jack Smith would counterclaim him. So they have to, uh, pick some random, perhaps obscure character and hope for the best.

But there can't be more than one jack smith. Check the 5th bullet under "non flavored info".

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 04, 2013, 07:50:03 pm »

No one comment on the Eevee situation until we've heard his response. Although Joth gave him the out now (justly, I agree). Still, he should respond before we talk about it.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 04, 2013, 07:51:42 pm »

But there can't be more than one jack smith. Check the 5th bullet under "non flavored info".

Oh, huh. Okay, woops. And I thought I read the setup information carefully this time, too.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 04, 2013, 07:52:27 pm »

Agreed. No fun in ruining the game that way. Town-aligned players in this game are "Station-aligned." And I'm not confirming whether or not I already made that clear to any non-Station-aligned players.

Blergh. I'd thought of this too, that it's possible you'd said something in the QTs. But it seems like you would put more in the opening posts/flavor than in whatever QT flavor/info you give.

For example, if there are 2 scum teams, I strongly doubt that Jo has told either of them about the existence (and especially specific name) of the other.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 04, 2013, 07:53:36 pm »

Blergh. I'd thought of this too, that it's possible you'd said something in the QTs. But it seems like you would put more in the opening posts/flavor than in whatever QT flavor/info you give.

For example, if there are 2 scum teams, I strongly doubt that Jo has told either of them about the existence (and especially specific name) of the other.

Now you're the one who is uninformed about the setup. It clearly spells out the names of all three possible scum factions in the opening thread.

Cuzz

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 04, 2013, 07:54:10 pm »

There ARE exactly two scum teams (counting potential SK).

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 04, 2013, 07:55:33 pm »

No one comment on the Eevee situation until we've heard his response. Although Joth gave him the out now (justly, I agree). Still, he should respond before we talk about it.
What do you want me to say? I'm station-aligned. Kind of meh Dsell became almost obvtown because of something like this, but could be worse - I could have had time to answer and clear myself before Joth stepped in (well handled btw). Me claiming town was obviously just the running joke from blitz, also I didn't even remember what the exact wording was, not like I read my pm's that carefully. I still don't know what's my flavor name for example (because I've never seen any star trek so the name wouldn't mean anything to me).

Cuzz

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 04, 2013, 07:57:31 pm »

What do you want me to say? I'm station-aligned. Kind of meh Dsell became almost obvtown because of something like this, but could be worse - I could have had time to answer and clear myself before Joth stepped in (well handled btw). Me claiming town was obviously just the running joke from blitz, also I didn't even remember what the exact wording was, not like I read my pm's that carefully. I still don't know what's my flavor name for example (because I've never seen any star trek so the name wouldn't mean anything to me).

I looked up mine in the wiki. Fascinating fellow or gentlelady.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 04, 2013, 08:06:07 pm »

So we have three cops, one of which is useless but a named townie.  We have one doc?  Once we get a scum lynched, we should talk about following one cop, but not yet.

I do think we need a cop claim on D2 if one gets a scum result.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Cuzz

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 04, 2013, 08:24:57 pm »

So we have three cops, one of which is useless but a named townie.  We have one doc?  Once we get a scum lynched, we should talk about following one cop, but not yet.

Cops are not guaranteed town. And how do you know we have a doc?

Am I the only one who read the setup?

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 04, 2013, 08:29:24 pm »

Eevee's response is what I expected, and of course it could simply be the case that he used his typical "I'm town" format. Still, I'm highly suspicious him. It's incredulous to believe that he doesn't actually read his PMs carefully or remember his flavor name.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 04, 2013, 08:31:41 pm »

Eevee's response is what I expected, and of course it could simply be the case that he used his typical "I'm town" format. Still, I'm highly suspicious him. It's incredulous to believe that he doesn't actually read his PMs carefully or remember his flavor name.
Humm? HIGHLY suspicious now? On what grounds?

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 04, 2013, 08:34:57 pm »

Humm? HIGHLY suspicious now? On what grounds?

First, you didn't step in before Joth said anything. Second, while I'm town is the thing you say, sure, there has to be some non-zero chance that you would have said station-aligned rather than town-aligned. Third, I don't believe that you said town rather than station due to a lack of knowledge about your role or the game.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 04, 2013, 08:36:01 pm »

There ARE exactly two scum teams (counting potential SK).

Well, SK isn't exactly a "team." But yeah, I knew the possibilities. What I'm saying is that there are multiple possible names for the various scum factions, and in any one scum QT it's unlikely that Jo listed which of these other teams/team names is in the game.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 04, 2013, 08:41:29 pm »

I don't think that warrants HIGH suspicion, but the logic it obviously sound. I would be my biggest scum read as well because of this. I don't think you "pushing" this says anything about your alignment by the way, and that would hold true even if this game only had one scum team.

Still the most suspicious of Galzria, that wasn't RVS. It's not much though.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 04, 2013, 08:42:36 pm »

Cops are not guaranteed town. And how do you know we have a doc?

Am I the only one who read the setup?

Cops are guaranteed not to be aligned to who they investigate, so it's worth following.  Can always kill them later.

Someone posted that there is a doctor on the station.  I thought that meant there is a doctor in the game.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 04, 2013, 08:49:44 pm »

I don't think that warrants HIGH suspicion, but the logic it obviously sound. I would be my biggest scum read as well because of this. I don't think you "pushing" this says anything about your alignment by the way, and that would hold true even if this game only had one scum team.

I just meant, significantly higher than my suspicion of anyone else.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 04, 2013, 09:05:46 pm »

This is the second time you've said this now Eevee. The first time I just ignored it because, well, I was just RVS'ingand thought you were doing the same. Maybe you're just fishing for a response? I don't know. This is probably my first "real" post of the game, and I honestly have to wonder about you getting reads out of anything from earlier. Call it OMGUS if you will, but making statements of reads like this (twice) without anything to back them up just feels like classic scum!Eevee. It's so similar to what you did in the last Blitz game, and I was the only one to see you as scum for it.

Here? Blah. No, I don't think you're scum (at least not over this), but you're not exactly screaming town!Eevee either. If you're just fishing for a response you got one. Will you do me the honor of at least explaining your read instead of just stating it?
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 125  All

Page created in 0.488 seconds with 21 queries.