Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 125  All

Author Topic: Mafia XIX: Deep Space Nine Mafia (Day 7)  (Read 266375 times)

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XIX: Deep Space Nine Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #75 on: January 04, 2013, 11:43:59 pm »

I don't know why there are a couple big spaces in my last post.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 04, 2013, 11:51:18 pm »

It's been less than five hours! hmmmm.... so, since it's bad if Jimmmm is in the end, hated, and station, then we should be more inclined to lynch him. He could still be scum. we'd also be able to get him to claim, although who knows if that helps scum or station more... I'm not saying we should lynch him, but he is the least risky person to lynch because the consequence of a mislynch is not at bad.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 04, 2013, 11:56:06 pm »

It's been less than five hours! hmmmm.... so, since it's bad if Jimmmm is in the end, hated, and station, then we should be more inclined to lynch him. He could still be scum. we'd also be able to get him to claim, although who knows if that helps scum or station more... I'm not saying we should lynch him, but he is the least risky person to lynch because the consequence of a mislynch is not at bad.

Why do you want me to claim? If it was good for me to claim day 1, I would have done so already, or would do so of my own accord. Don't be pushing for claims day 1, if a wagon starts on me then hopefully it's because people think I'm scum, NOT because you want me to claim. Also, can you explain what you mean when you say I'm the least risky person to lynch?

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 04, 2013, 11:56:51 pm »

Oh, because if I'm "Hated" then it's less bad losing me than someone else, I get it.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 05, 2013, 12:01:43 am »

Also, FWIW, the "Don't put me on L - 1" thing was just a safety net. Just don't lynch me before I've claimed.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 05, 2013, 12:21:41 am »

On the Town/Station thing, I considered PMing joth about it, but I thought "Station" appeared enough in the OP for it not to matter that much. I got a null-read from Eevee's first post, that seems like something Eevee might do regardless. Town-read from Dsell of course, but certainly not obvTown. I think it could be possible for scum to have guessed from the OP that it wouldn't be called Town (what does Town mean when you're on a space ship?), or they might have been told we were "Station-aligned". But I think the most likely explanation is that Dsell is Town and joth saying "I'm not saying if scum know you're Station-aligned" was attempting to give us a way out of giving Dsell obvTown status (regardless of his actual alignment).
Also, nullread from Cuzz asking joth to fix it, I think that was good sportsmanship and could have come from any alignment.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 05, 2013, 12:32:31 am »

Odo sits at Quark's bar drumming his fingertips on the bar.

"I haven't heard anything about any Maquis action," Quark says, in his tone of mock offendedness. "And believe me, if they were planning something, I'd know. As for the Mirror Universe, you let me know if they're aboard. It's not good for business, dopplegangers running around. People get unsettled, stop drinking, stop gambling. Now if you'll excuse me, I have some customers."

He turns back to Morn, who's reciting a long and involved personal story.

"Hrrumph," says Odo.

Vote Count 1.1

Galzria (1): Robz
Eevee (1): Cuzz

With 15 alive, it takes 8 to lynch

Deadline is January 18 at 7:10 p.m., forum time.

Flavor is for my own fun and the enjoyment of the few Trekkies amongst you. Trying to analyze it for game information is a fruitless endeavor you are advised against.

"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 05, 2013, 12:35:51 am »

Okay first off sorry for not being here. I was unaware that when the thread moved I needed to post in it to be updated when people posted. Secondly, its a lot harder to get reads on people when you don't already know there alignment. I read through everything and dunno, get a slight scum vibe from eevee and liopoil. To explain eevee reminds me of how he played in the last blits game, and liopoil, well i think I'm just suspicious of him because hes new and when I was new I was scum.
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 05, 2013, 12:43:08 am »

and liopoil, well i think I'm just suspicious of him because hes new and when I was new I was scum.

Ha ha, I like your logic.

Also, I guess we're not accepting "mom salon" for mcmcs.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 05, 2013, 12:53:06 am »

Hmm I think like most other people, I'm getting somewhat of a scum-vibe from Eevee.

What do you want me to say? I'm station-aligned. Kind of meh Dsell became almost obvtown because of something like this, but could be worse - I could have had time to answer and clear myself before Joth stepped in (well handled btw). Me claiming town was obviously just the running joke from blitz, also I didn't even remember what the exact wording was, not like I read my pm's that carefully. I still don't know what's my flavor name for example (because I've never seen any star trek so the name wouldn't mean anything to me).

Firstly, why is it bad if Dsell has become obvTown? If he's Town, surely that's a good thing. I also agree with Robz that it seems a bit strange that you wouldn't remember what the wording was. For me, at least, I saw "Station-Aligned", and it took me a moment to realise that couldn't mean anything other than the equivalent to Town. I even checked the OP to see if it was there, and there were enough "station"s to make it obvious that Station meant Town. If the PM said "You're Town (which btw we're calling Station-Aligned)" then you could just see the Town and move on, but because Town wasn't mentioned, you had to see Station-Aligned and interpret that as Town, which I feel makes it harder to forget at least the Station part. And although I agree with you that I can't remember my flavour name without checking, I think saying that you "still don't know it" was a strange way of wording it.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 05, 2013, 12:56:14 am »

but could be worse - I could have had time to answer and clear myself before Joth stepped in

Fwiw, even if I got here before Joth, I wouldnt have answered because it would have felt like a very unfair way to gain a lot of town cred.

These statements seem to be a contradiction.

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 05, 2013, 12:56:59 am »

and liopoil, well i think I'm just suspicious of him because hes new and when I was new I was scum.

Ha ha, I like your logic.

Also, I guess we're not accepting "mom salon" for mcmcs.

Maybe the mod isn't but I sure am!

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 05, 2013, 12:59:10 am »

but could be worse - I could have had time to answer and clear myself before Joth stepped in

Fwiw, even if I got here before Joth, I wouldnt have answered because it would have felt like a very unfair way to gain a lot of town cred.

vote: eevee
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 05, 2013, 01:00:31 am »

Why do you want me to claim? If it was good for me to claim day 1, I would have done so already, or would do so of my own accord. Don't be pushing for claims day 1, if a wagon starts on me then hopefully it's because people think I'm scum, NOT because you want me to claim. Also, can you explain what you mean when you say I'm the least risky person to lynch?

Settle, Jimmmmm.  Guy is new to forums and you crazy cats.  Also, everybody else, I haven't played with Jimmmmm enough to know if this sounds overly snappy for him or not.  Chime in?  Not saying he should claim and not saying he shouldn't, just wondering about his response.

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 05, 2013, 01:00:55 am »

Settle, Jimmmmm.  Guy is new to forums and you crazy cats.  Also, everybody else, I haven't played with Jimmmmm enough to know if this sounds overly snappy for him or not.  Chime in?  Not saying he should claim and not saying he shouldn't, just wondering about his response.

Whoops, sorry, I lie.  Not new to forums, new to forum mafia.

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: January 05, 2013, 01:01:28 am »

Are we still in RVS or are you openly sheeping this?

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 05, 2013, 01:07:40 am »

woah what happened to taking our time?
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 05, 2013, 01:09:16 am »

Are we still in RVS or are you openly sheeping this?

Not RVS.  My last post said Eevee was scummiest.  Just putting my vote where my mouth is.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 05, 2013, 01:09:28 am »

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 05, 2013, 01:12:03 am »

A note for cops: if we did a three-claim, I'd suggest no alignment mention (just claim cop, not marquis cop, etc).  This only works if all three claim.  Gives wifom and all that.  Again, only if we get to where all cops claim.  So not today, obviously.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 05, 2013, 01:13:20 am »

Yeah that reads a lot snappier than I meant. I was actually really surprised to see you telling me to settle, until I re-read my post, and you have a point. I just don't think you should vote for me in order to force me to claim. Vote for me if you think I'm scum, and we'll go from there. I actually don't think it's good for Town for us to discuss this (that is, my request not to lynch me before giving me a chance to claim) any further, and I was hoping not to have to claim until at least day 2 or 3.

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 05, 2013, 01:21:16 am »

Not RVS.  My last post said Eevee was scummiest.  Just putting my vote where my mouth is.

Sorry, it's late and I guess I wasn't keeping posts straight.  It is a true story, you did say Eevee was scummy but you also didn't say why.  Care to?  I can claim anything under the sun but that doesn't mean I don't need to prove it.

I'm not wearing pants!

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 05, 2013, 01:25:37 am »

Yeah ash, you haven't really contributed anything other than cop/doctor-related theory and some reads without reason. Why do you find Eevee scummy? More importantly (since your answer to the first question will likely be similar to what has already been said), why do you find theorel scummy?

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 05, 2013, 01:36:48 am »

Yeah ash, you haven't really contributed anything other than cop/doctor-related theory and some reads without reason. Why do you find Eevee scummy? More importantly (since your answer to the first question will likely be similar to what has already been said), why do you find theorel scummy?

Eevee is gut based, plus what I think are scum!eevee tells, such as his reaction to the Dsell thing.  The running gag thing is my thing, too, so I feel like I know how it ought to go.  I think scum!eevee could slip with it.

I will generally find "listen to me because of my uber-smart theory wall of text posts" style of town-leading scummy, and that is theo to a tee.  Now, that's theo in all his games, so I invariably find him scummy in every game.  I'll be right eventually. 

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 05, 2013, 01:39:29 am »

Bunch of things.

@Liopoil: I don't think we want to lynch Jimm for that reason, no. But I like that you are already doing some slightly more advanced thinking.

@raerae: Jimm did sound uncommonly snappy, yes. On ashersky, I do think it's better (and less suspicious!) when people post their exact reasons for voting for someone, or at least have posted such reasons in a recent post. But I think there are lots of good reasons to be at least a little suspicious of Eevee; I have posted many myself. His role PM comment is the most indicting, presently.

@Mcmc: There's no need to panic over like one vote. We vote and unvote like crazy. Sometimes multiple people get bajillions of votes. It's fine for Eevee to get a bunch of votes. If people vote for him and end this day too soon, we will accuse them of being scum and kill those people tomorrow.

Disclaimer for anyone who doesn't know: Mcmc is my IRL brother.

@Post count: My vote for Galzria was fake. I was surprised he hadn't responded to my accusation that he was being dense, but maybe he isn't around, and anyway I don't yet find him scummier than anyone else.

Vote: Eevee, my top scumread for now.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 125  All

Page created in 0.061 seconds with 19 queries.