Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125]  All

Author Topic: Mafia XIX: Deep Space Nine Mafia (Day 7)  (Read 264492 times)

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XIX: Deep Space Nine Mafia (Day 7)
« Reply #3100 on: March 08, 2013, 09:35:21 am »

Well, you managed to avoid being lynched ever, so we didn't get to see the results of your role "in action" (nor did I get to see mcmc's).

But the role did have an effect on gameplay and shaping everyone's strategy, and I actually think it ended up being pro-town, insofar as you might well have been the mislynch at various points but you were spared in part because of your claim.

I think it was more powerful than I gave it credit for, but you played it well.

I was pretty disappointed shraeye didn't get to activate his IC, especially as I had fun flavor plans, but also I think he could have done some good work. But it was his own fault for over breadcrumbing, and he managed to absorb both nightkills, which is impressive.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #3101 on: March 08, 2013, 09:41:02 am »

Well it made me fairly confident that I wasn't going to be lynched before lylo. I mean, a Townie would have to be pretty damn sure to vote for me. Maybe I should have somehow done a better job at breadcrumbing/softclaiming to absorb a NK, but saying what I said was certainly more likely to do the job than claiming straight up, which is what I was planning to do for a while.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3102 on: March 09, 2013, 07:06:14 am »

Hey mcmc, just wondering what you thought of my Day 1 case on you? Like, were you thinking along the lines of, "Oh no he's onto me!" or "His case is totally wrong, he's just lucky enough to have the right conclusion"?

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3103 on: March 09, 2013, 01:15:16 pm »

Oh, I was horrified about your D1 case on me. I remember you somewhat had a scum read on me in the first game I played scum. I had a "scum read" on you in that game, and you mentioned you felt like I always had a scum read on you and I was like oh crap he figured it out. Why do you think I killed you D1 in the newbie game, it was between you and raerae and who would find me out but you were a more likely power role and more likely to be able to persuade the newbies.
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3104 on: March 09, 2013, 03:13:22 pm »

Oh, I was horrified about your D1 case on me. I remember you somewhat had a scum read on me in the first game I played scum.

If I recall correctly I was a lurky co-mod in that game...

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3105 on: March 10, 2013, 12:38:51 am »

Hey joth, I was meaning to ask, would you have allowed BP to be a scum role?

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #3106 on: March 10, 2013, 08:33:37 am »

What about one shot vig? and was galz's thing where he shows up as SK to SK cop  attatched to the rolecop, or did you assign it to a random player?

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3107 on: March 10, 2013, 09:54:07 am »

and was galz's thing where he shows up as SK to SK cop  attatched to the rolecop, or did you assign it to a random player?

That was due to his character actually being a Changeling, albeit one that wasn't aligned with the Changelings.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #3108 on: March 10, 2013, 01:53:40 pm »

THe idea was that roles would role totally randomly of alignment (except for Galz's Miller thing which was tied to his character, not his role, and Jake Sisko, who was automatically town, and the cops who couldn't be the alignment they investigated.) If the teams had rolled really stupidly unbalanced, though, I might have re-rolled.

The Ferengi would be confirmed as not one alignment none of them was, even if that turned out to be the alignment that wasn't in the game.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125]  All

Page created in 0.096 seconds with 19 queries.