Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 125  All

Author Topic: Mafia XIX: Deep Space Nine Mafia (Day 7)  (Read 267040 times)

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XIX: Deep Space Nine Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #100 on: January 05, 2013, 01:46:48 am »

Note to all: raerae always reads scummy without the benefit of being an IC.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 05, 2013, 01:49:46 am »

raerae
I'm not wearing pants!
This is not even true.  You have pants on right now. 

(for people who care about these things, this is a real-life claim between me and raerae; I am literally looking at her right now and she is wearing pants.  Though they are on fire, since she lied about them being on in the first place)

Copclaims
A note for cops: if we did a three-claim, I'd suggest no alignment mention (just claim cop, not marquis cop, etc).  This only works if all three claim.  Gives wifom and all that.  Again, only if we get to where all cops claim.  So not today, obviously.
We should never be in a place where all three cops claim.  The rule-post said that there was no guarantee that cops will even be town-aligned.  Cops should only come forward when they get a scum result.  So claiming cop to save ones hide or claiming when you get to L-1 isn't necessarily going to help town.

DS9 and flavor
Flavor-wise I'll note that I have watched enough DS9 to find the opening flavor funny, but not enough to have intimate familiarity with the show, I knew who my character was without referencing the wiki though :).
I know virtually nothing about this show.  Munch/raerae are trying to fill me in on these people in the flavor, I'm confused.

Eevee/Dsell/towniness/stationiness
I feel towny-vibes towards Dsell for this question, but not anything other than nullread on Eevee.  I totally forget the details of my PMs and am always checking them.  I only focus on "am I good/bad?", and "do I have any neato powers?" 

Reading the 11 replies...
DSell-Eevee thing.  DSell seems townier, Eevee seems ever so slightly scummy.  Note: I don't think it was scummy of Eevee to claim "town" instead of "station", nor do I find it suspicious that he waited to respond until joth clarified.  The scummy bit is the initial explanation of why (i.e. "I didn't read my PM that carefully").  It just seems like the wrong reason...I mean really his explanation (Running gag from blitz) is sufficient, and it felt like he was trying to offer a fuller-than-necessary explanation.

Actually, I find Eevee having scum-reads at this point unusual for Eevee also.  I mean in my experience he's town-reads and happiness all through day1 as town.  This could be a sign of scum-Eevee trying to scumhunt effectively in order to appear more town?  (PPE: and then he retracts the scum-read, so I dunno even more.)

PPE: I think I provided a good bit of theory in VI also (I engaged ehunt pretty hardcore in the # of scum per team analysis).  Regardless, I'm self-aware enough to at least try to produce long theory-filled posts as scum.
I am not suspicious of the way Eevee explained things, I disagree with the first part of theorel's post here.  But I agree with the second bit.  Eevee having scumreads so early did seem very odd to me, even odder is that when Galz fought back some Eevee retracted the read, or at least toned it down.  That reads like overly careful play to me.

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 05, 2013, 01:50:18 am »

So has something I've said already come across as scummy or is it just the fact that I've said anything?

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 05, 2013, 01:51:29 am »

raerae
I'm not wearing pants!
This is not even true.  You have pants on right now. 

(for people who care about these things, this is a real-life claim between me and raerae; I am literally looking at her right now and she is wearing pants.  Though they are on fire, since she lied about them being on in the first place)

Thanks for proving my point, Mr. Shraeye.  See people.  You have to prove stuff.  You shouldn't just believe words because they are said.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 05, 2013, 01:55:42 am »

@Mcmc: There's no need to panic over like one vote. We vote and unvote like crazy. Sometimes multiple people get bajillions of votes. It's fine for Eevee to get a bunch of votes. If people vote for him and end this day too soon, we will accuse them of being scum and kill those people tomorrow.
Yeah the voting in a regular mafia game is much different than in Blitz, mcmcsalot.  Votes come and go, quickhammers don't happen really, scum can't talk during the day.

In other news, I also think Jimmm was a little bit snappy, but he's got some snap in him.  I don't think him being a little sassy makes him scummy, but his clarification comment where he apologizes for the snap does feel scummier to me.  Here's the slightly suspicious post below.

It's been less than five hours! hmmmm.... so, since it's bad if Jimmmm is in the end, hated, and station, then we should be more inclined to lynch him. He could still be scum. we'd also be able to get him to claim, although who knows if that helps scum or station more... I'm not saying we should lynch him, but he is the least risky person to lynch because the consequence of a mislynch is not at bad.

Why do you want me to claim? If it was good for me to claim day 1, I would have done so already, or would do so of my own accord. Don't be pushing for claims day 1, if a wagon starts on me then hopefully it's because people think I'm scum, NOT because you want me to claim. Also, can you explain what you mean when you say I'm the least risky person to lynch?

Settle, Jimmmmm.  Guy is new to forums and you crazy cats.  Also, everybody else, I haven't played with Jimmmmm enough to know if this sounds overly snappy for him or not.  Chime in?  Not saying he should claim and not saying he shouldn't, just wondering about his response.

Yeah that reads a lot snappier than I meant. I was actually really surprised to see you telling me to settle, until I re-read my post, and you have a point. I just don't think you should vote for me in order to force me to claim. Vote for me if you think I'm scum, and we'll go from there. I actually don't think it's good for Town for us to discuss this (that is, my request not to lynch me before giving me a chance to claim) any further, and I was hoping not to have to claim until at least day 2 or 3.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: January 05, 2013, 01:56:05 am »

So has something I've said already come across as scummy or is it just the fact that I've said anything?

You have.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 05, 2013, 01:57:11 am »

You have.
I haven't noticed anything yet.  Care to enlighten people, or just hold a mysterious read?

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 05, 2013, 01:57:26 am »

You have.

Great.  One more thing you won't explain, I assume?

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 05, 2013, 02:02:30 am »

You have.

The pants thing.  Well, the y'all need to prove what you say thing, more specifically.  That's a fine order to the town as an IC, but presumptuously scummy as scum.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 05, 2013, 02:03:04 am »

You have.

Of course, now I just coached you, which is also scummy.

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 05, 2013, 02:06:10 am »

You have.

The pants thing.  Well, the y'all need to prove what you say thing, more specifically.  That's a fine order to the town as an IC, but presumptuously scummy as scum.

I couldn't decide on a snarky response so here they are and you may pick your favorite:

1)  Yeah, I hate it when people tell me to prove things.  That's so awful.  Why don't they just believe everything I say.
2)  It's totally town to call me scummy after telling the thread I always read scummy.

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 05, 2013, 02:07:13 am »

You have.

Of course, now I just coached you, which is also scummy.

Wait, what?  You coached me?  To not explain the things I say?  More question marks???

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 05, 2013, 02:08:26 am »

I couldn't decide on a snarky response so here they are and you may pick your favorite:

1)  Yeah, I hate it when people tell me to prove things.  That's so awful.  Why don't they just believe everything I say.
2)  It's totally town to call me scummy after telling the thread I always read scummy.

@reason #2, I don't think he's actually called you scummy yet.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 05, 2013, 02:10:29 am »

Sigh.  Raerae, I am saying you will continue to come across scummy due to your attitude.  Why do I know this?  I am me.  I get lynched ALL the time for seeming scummy as town.

I gave you advise on how to seem less scummy.  That's called coaching and a scum tell by many a player here on f.ds.

You can ask for reasons from someone.  Saying "you must prove yourself when you say something!" is not a towny way to say it.  That's my point.  You will be read as scummy with that sort of post.

Was that clearer?

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 05, 2013, 02:18:36 am »

Okay, unless one of you actually has a valid case on the other, I feel like this bickering is a bit of a derailment. shraeye, raerae (and anyone else), the biggest problem I have with Eevee at this point is his contradicting himself. What do you think about that?

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 05, 2013, 02:19:24 am »

Oh and I meant to say, "...himself, and ash seems to agree."

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 05, 2013, 02:45:28 am »

I agree with theorel that we should use a lot of our time and not rush things. No bankable deadlines!

If Cops find scum, I think they should just come forward, yeah.

15 players should be 4 scum, right? 2 + 2 or 3 +1. 2 + 3 would be yuck, but I guess it's possible, depending on roles.

Galz, yes I find Eevee scummy for like three reasons I gave. The Dsell thing, and aspects of his response, including something he said that I do judge to be false, that theorel also picked up on: him not knowing his role PM and the setup or whatever. It doesn't fit Eevee; I'm pretty sure he's lying about this to inflate his case for why he didn't say station. He could be lying to inflate his case for why he didn't say station from a position of town or scum, but obviously it seems a bit scummy to me.

I didn't really get his case on you, although I think you're being fairly dense here.

To answer you from further on, but referring back to this:

The "dense" comment didn't phase me... Outside being a little personal for you anyway. But honestly, no, I don't think your points are well made here. Eevee made the first post of the game with an obvious joke. I don't care what a mod calls teams usually, my first thought when I read my PM is "oh, I'm town again", or "oh look, scum, this should be cool". I rarely take note of flavor - especially in a setup whose flavor I'm almost entirely unfamiliar with (which Eevee stated prior to the game starting).

Now, you could argue the case that Jimmmm is making to call him scummy, and yeah, maybe there's some merit there - but what you called out? Picking up on Dsell's "he used 'town'!"? Sorry, no.

That out of the way, there's a few other things I wanted to address before I pass out (drunk as hell, whooo!):

Soft-deadline: Absolutely in favor. We've set and followed through with it in two games now, and we've hit scum D1 in both. I haven't looked at what three actual deadlines are supposed to be, but I recall Joth saying 2 weeks when I asked him in the thread for my game, so my recommendation would be next Ftiday (9:00 pm forum time?). I'm not adverse to taking more time if conversation is glowing healthily, but I absolutely hate stalls and "...now what?" attitudes. Combined with previous success, and there you go.

Raerae: She's been her normal self - which is to say there's something in the way she posts that I find off-putting. I'm sure the feeling is generally mutual. That said, she's been town both times I've felt that way, so she's likely town here. I don't know why, but I think scum!Raerae will read a lot more agreeable to me. Maybe I'm just easily fooled. For now, probably my biggest town read if only because she reads the way she has in both games I've seen her in.

Ummm... Yeah. I'm losing my train of thought. Time to hit post and let it fly. Bye-bye post. Tootles!
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 05, 2013, 02:45:52 am »

Ash's town!meta at this point seems to be self-pity.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 05, 2013, 02:49:08 am »

But Galz, you sort of glossed over what has become the bigger issue with Eevee, which is the stuff he said about his role PM and the setup, that just run so hollow to me, coming from Eevee. Well, whatever you don't have to address it, if you don't find it compelling, that's that.

Has everyone talked? I feel like this is a fairly typical, non-explosive start (well, compared to M-XVIII of course). But I don't feel like I've heard from everyone, really. Only Eevee, Jimm, Galz, and Dsell have made much of an impression on me. Ash and raerae to a lesser extent. I have no idea if yuma is playing, for instance.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 05, 2013, 02:49:33 am »

Ash's town!meta at this point seems to be self-pity.

Not saying he's scummy here (honestly haven't read closely enough to form an opinion, and too drunk to do it now), but that would be an awfully easy meta to recreate as scum. "Oh woe is me! I'm so easy to mislynch!"

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: January 05, 2013, 02:50:22 am »

Just checked the roster... invisyuma strikes again, as the saying goes.

I don't expect to hear from Glooble until like Day 4, probably.

Has sparky posted?

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 05, 2013, 02:50:28 am »

But Galz, you sort of glossed over what has become the bigger issue with Eevee, which is the stuff he said about his role PM and the setup, that just run so hollow to me, coming from Eevee. Well, whatever you don't have to address it, if you don't find it compelling, that's that.

Has everyone talked? I feel like this is a fairly typical, non-explosive start (well, compared to M-XVIII of course). But I don't feel like I've heard from everyone, really. Only Eevee, Jimm, Galz, and Dsell have made much of an impression on me. Ash and raerae to a lesser extent. I have no idea if yuma is playing, for instance.

InvisiYuma?

Mafia Record:

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 05, 2013, 02:51:06 am »

sparky has NOT posted yet.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 05, 2013, 02:51:12 am »

Just checked the roster... invisyuma strikes again, as the saying goes.

I don't expect to hear from Glooble until like Day 4, probably.

Has sparky posted?

Bwahahaha

Mafia Record:

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 05, 2013, 02:52:32 am »

Yeah, in typical fashion, mega-lurker yuma and hyper-lurker Glooble have already posted innocuously.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 125  All

Page created in 2.147 seconds with 19 queries.