Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Another Procession/Duration question  (Read 1804 times)

Tables

• Margrave
  • Build more Bridges in the King's Court!
  • Respect: +3349
    • View Profile
Another Procession/Duration question
« on: January 02, 2013, 12:22:40 am »

I play Procession, then on the procession play a second procession. Then I play let's say two Caravans. What stays in play until the next turn? Nothing, or the first Procession? Obviously, I'll be drawing a card four times at the start of the next turn regardless.

From my understanding of the rules, the only cards that stay in play are durations themselves, and the cards that modify them directly, i.e. not the first Procession. But then I know the reason modifying cards stay out is to show you that they're doing something and to remind you. I would guess that the hard rules trump this, but, I'm not 100% certain right now.
...spin-offs are still better for all of the previously cited reasons.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

Donald X.

• Board Moderator
  • Respect: +25712
    • View Profile
Re: Another Procession/Duration question
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2013, 02:11:36 am »

I play Procession, then on the procession play a second procession. Then I play let's say two Caravans. What stays in play until the next turn? Nothing, or the first Procession? Obviously, I'll be drawing a card four times at the start of the next turn regardless.

From my understanding of the rules, the only cards that stay in play are durations themselves, and the cards that modify them directly, i.e. not the first Procession. But then I know the reason modifying cards stay out is to show you that they're doing something and to remind you. I would guess that the hard rules trump this, but, I'm not 100% certain right now.
Nothing stays out, via the hard rules. For a brief time I ruled that Thrones that Throned Thrones that Throned duration cards stayed out, but I abandoned that in favor of following the rulebook as closely as possible.

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10765
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2013, 09:23:53 am »

Nothing stays out, via the hard rules. For a brief time I ruled that Thrones that Throned Thrones that Throned duration cards stayed out, but I abandoned that in favor of following the rulebook as closely as possible.

Wait, why wouldn't the second Procession stay out? It was used to play/modify a Duration card, so wouldn't it stay out the same as a Throne Room?
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9413
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2013, 09:37:25 am »

Wait, why wouldn't the second Procession stay out? It was used to play/modify a Duration card, so wouldn't it stay out the same as a Throne Room?

That appears to be what the rulebook states:

Quote from: Dark Ages Rulebook
If you use Procession on a Duration card (from Seaside), Procession will stay out until your next turn and the Duration card will have its effect twice on your next turn, even though the Duration card is trashed.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10722
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2013, 09:45:34 am »

Because the first Procession trashes it?

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10765
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2013, 10:01:56 am »

Because the first Procession trashes it?

*HEADSMACK*

Right, of course!
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

Tables

• Margrave
  • Build more Bridges in the King's Court!
  • Respect: +3349
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2013, 11:28:39 am »

Yeah, thought so, thanks.
...spin-offs are still better for all of the previously cited reasons.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.069 seconds with 20 queries.