Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All

Author Topic: Online Innovation  (Read 38966 times)

popsofctown

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2860
    • View Profile
Re: Online Innovation
« Reply #100 on: February 18, 2013, 01:40:38 pm »
+2

Well, to provide some background, the first game dougz put on isotropic was Dominion, and he implemented it with info leakage, and no one really cared, because the tactical implications were relatively small, and in many cases you would slow down the game a lot to give people the opportunity to pretend they had a Moat to block your Minion, but elected not to use it, and blah blah.  In innovation I think the tradeoff is more towards removing the leaks.

AJD

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: AJD
  • Respect: +4434
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 20, 2013, 02:12:01 am »

Bug report: If I have to refresh the page, I end up seeing the last two turn logs but not my hand or tableau, so I can't do anything.

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
  • Respect: +1965
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 02, 2013, 02:02:20 am »

Oh! The gamelogs show the final gamestate now!
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

eyhung

• Pearl Diver
  • Respect: +3
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 04, 2013, 02:26:16 am »

I have also seen the same bug that AJD has reported.  I hope that resigning doesn't affect ladder ranking.  Does it? 

Thisisnotasmile

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +676
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 06, 2013, 11:32:48 am »

Just played a game against ehunt and noticed a slight error of the ingame logging of Mapmaking.

On turn 10 I received a message something along the lines of "You transfer Domestication[1] from your score pile to Thisisnotasmile's". It did, in fact, get transferred to ehunt's score pile (as it should have), it was just logged wrong. The end game log is correct though.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
  • Respect: +777
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: March 06, 2013, 01:38:21 pm »

Like the Dominion site, it's not a particularly good place to learn the game if you don't already know it, but...

... also in the spirit of Dominion, you can win your 3rd game not knowing fuck all about the game.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

Thisisnotasmile

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +676
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 07, 2013, 01:06:33 pm »
+4

Can we have automatch against registered opponents only please?

zahlman

• Minion
  • Respect: +216
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 12, 2013, 01:31:55 pm »

I am finding that the client is completely unusable for me :(

Firefox 13.0, I observe the following:

- My hand never shows up. When I toggle 'show text' for my hand, I get "'hand' is not defined" in the console.

- Sometimes the text area for chat does not show up; I have a text box where I can type messages to send, but I do not get them echoed, nor do I see any responses from my opponent. This is accompanied by similar 'not-defined' Javascript exceptions in the console.

- Both in the lobby and in game, a 'syntax error' is reported on every AJAX response (I think this is just a matter of the MIME type setting, since the responses look like valid JSON and seem to be getting parsed fine).

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 12, 2013, 02:54:28 pm »

It's beta :(  Try Chrome?

HB

• Steward
  • Respect: +13
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 17, 2013, 02:46:17 pm »

Just played a game against ehunt and noticed a slight error of the ingame logging of Mapmaking.

On turn 10 I received a message something along the lines of "You transfer Domestication[1] from your score pile to Thisisnotasmile's". It did, in fact, get transferred to ehunt's score pile (as it should have), it was just logged wrong. The end game log is correct though.

Yeah I see that all the time, too.

HB

• Steward
  • Respect: +13
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 20, 2013, 04:06:39 pm »

Kobukson has a typo, it says 'return' instead of 'returned'.

Tombolo

• Tactician
  • Respect: +450
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 22, 2013, 05:01:15 am »

Can we have automatch against registered opponents only please?

And maybe Echoes?  :D
We’ve had a hard day at work, we’ve been looking forward to our Dominion, how can you expect us to play anything else, you ogre.

moomoo

• Herbalist
  • Respect: +3
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 23, 2013, 02:41:57 pm »
+2

Bug report: The piles on the left hand side of the screen don't get updated until the end of the action, even if something happens to them before then.

This is relevant e.g. with Physics:  Let's say there were 3 cards in the 6 pile when your opponent dogmas and shares Physics.  You draw those three, which happen to have a duplicate and so you have to return all your cards, which includes some other 6's.  You look at the display, which still shows 3 cards in the 6 pile, so you return cards at random, not ensuring that the first 3 cards you return have a duplicate for your opponent to draw.

Razzishi

• Conspirator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eye Urn
  • Respect: +120
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 23, 2013, 06:49:25 pm »

Bug report: The piles on the left hand side of the screen don't get updated until the end of the action, even if something happens to them before then.

This is relevant e.g. with Physics:  Let's say there were 3 cards in the 6 pile when your opponent dogmas and shares Physics.  You draw those three, which happen to have a duplicate and so you have to return all your cards, which includes some other 6's.  You look at the display, which still shows 3 cards in the 6 pile, so you return cards at random, not ensuring that the first 3 cards you return have a duplicate for your opponent to draw.

This is greatly annoying and I hope there's a way to fix it.  It's really hard to know under what conditions the age piles are updated since it's quite obvious that they're sometimes not updated immediately.
Stop reading my signature.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 25, 2013, 12:08:00 pm »
+1

Bug report:

Translation melds the only card of a color immediately.  This is an oversimplification, Universe, World, and Empire care about the order in which you meld the cards from Translation.

Encyclopedia shares this bug iirc.

Classification uses similar behavior, but it's not an oversimplification in that situation.

heron

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: heron
  • Respect: +1183
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 29, 2013, 04:54:04 pm »

There is a typo on shrapnel, it says "Transfer the bottom color of its color from my board to your board!"
Obviously, it should be card of its color.

Razzishi

• Conspirator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eye Urn
  • Respect: +120
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 31, 2013, 03:48:12 pm »
+1

Log Bug report:

http://innovation.isotropic.org/gamelog/201303/31/game-20130331-124126-f947b6c3.html

I activate Mysticism, sharing it.  The log shows my opponent processing the effect, then says I achieve Empire when my board start hasn't changed according to the log.  The board state at end of game at the top of the log shows that I indeed have the required icons, but that I have a Quantum Theory that isn't accounted for in the log.  Now I clearly drew and melded the Quantum Theory off of Mysticism, but the log doesn't actually say that.

Also, melding Quantum Theory off Mysticism is kinda silly, although I suppose there are aspects of Quantum Theory that are more or less mystical.
Stop reading my signature.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12847
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #117 on: April 05, 2013, 01:49:13 pm »
+1

Minor bug report: When I share card X that says "you may return a card" (don't remember which one it was, because it was earlier today and I didn't remember to report it immediately), and my opponent chooses to return nothing, it plays out correctly, but in the log, my opponent choosing to return nothing is written after me completing the dogma action.

EDIT: There's more:
23:18 yariv: sorry, can't play
23:18 yariv: some bug, can't see (and therefore play) my tableu
23:18 Awaclus: tried refreshing?
23:19 yariv: or hand, for that matter
23:19 yariv: did, not working
23:19 yariv: so, sorry, leaving
This happened after his initial meld, before his first turn.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 04:22:15 pm by Awaclus »
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All

Page created in 0.061 seconds with 21 queries.