Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Deck Builder  (Read 2562 times)

pinkymadigan

• Moneylender
  • Respect: +185
    • View Profile
Deck Builder
« on: December 30, 2012, 12:02:19 pm »

https://getsatisfaction.com/goko/topics/allow_replaying_a_game_against_bots

It sounds like goko is about to implement the new deck builder in the worst way possible, so that it will be almost as unused as the last, laden with heavy menu usage, requiring you to save kingdoms then set them up to play them (might just be the way I'm reading it, but with their track record for user friendly UI, I think I'm reading their responses correctly).

I urge any who care about the details of this feature to sound off ASAP, I know they said they were looking to release the changes soon. I'm sure some people might like the way the new one sounds, I urge them to make their voices heard too, as I'm sure my opinion on the matter isn't the only one.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9630
    • View Profile
Re: Deck Builder
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2012, 12:13:45 pm »
+1

It doesn't inspire confidence when Tanya misspells common words like "matter."
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

Tables

• Margrave
  • Build more Bridges in the King's Court!
  • Respect: +3349
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2012, 12:31:05 pm »
+2

I believe both of these features are planned - Trisha asked a few of us what features we thought would be important for the kingdom randomisation, and the end result, judging by the second draft of things she showed us, would basically let you include almost everything you can do on Isotropic plus more.

As for this, I really don't see why you're complaining. If I had the choice between being able to save a game to replay later, or having an option to immediately replay a game, I'd take the first one every time. I often don't want to play the same people repeatedly, but having the option to go 'Hey I played this cool set a few days ago, wanna give it a go?' to my friends would be great.

I think Goko have the right idea here, spelling mistakes or not.
...spin-offs are still better for all of the previously cited reasons.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

pinkymadigan

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2012, 12:45:34 pm »

I feel they can do both, saving the set is unnecessary menu work if I just want a quick rematch though.

Tables

• Margrave
  • Build more Bridges in the King's Court!
  • Respect: +3349
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2012, 01:00:22 pm »

The real question I have is, how many people want to replay the same set, and how often? Personally, I rarely do and if I do, it's not to do instantly. I don't think, personally, it's even more button presses, or at least it's negligible. You click save after the game. Next game, you make the table, choose the set from your deck builder list on the set up game menu, done. Compared to, end the game, make the table, choose the repeat last game button from the set up game menu. I think you're crying over nothing here to be honest, both options are so similar that having both seems redundant to me.
...spin-offs are still better for all of the previously cited reasons.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
  • Respect: +2466
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2012, 02:57:05 pm »

Sometimes I don't want to play a set immediately after. So, saving it works for me.

pinkymadigan

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2012, 09:25:48 pm »

The real question I have is, how many people want to replay the same set, and how often? Personally, I rarely do and if I do, it's not to do instantly. I don't think, personally, it's even more button presses, or at least it's negligible. You click save after the game. Next game, you make the table, choose the set from your deck builder list on the set up game menu, done. Compared to, end the game, make the table, choose the repeat last game button from the set up game menu. I think you're crying over nothing here to be honest, both options are so similar that having both seems redundant to me.
I don't want to even remake the table, what an unnecessary step if all I want is a rematch.

Sounds like it works for the majority though.

I just don't see why at the end of the game I can't instantly replay it.

Grujah

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +1177
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2012, 09:36:31 pm »
+2

"This is actually already available - when you choose a premade set with empty spaces, there's a 'change random cards' button which keeps the cards in your set and only changes the random cards."

This is nice.

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10722
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2012, 02:45:23 pm »

"This is actually already available - when you choose a premade set with empty spaces, there's a 'change random cards' button which keeps the cards in your set and only changes the random cards."

This is nice.

That is very cool.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 21 queries.