Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Rebuild  (Read 24858 times)

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12868
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
Re: Rebuild
« Reply #50 on: June 01, 2014, 09:00:13 am »

Maybe Knights and Trading Post would be better buys, but generally, I do like Rebuild first. But I'm often wondering about the second Rebuild before the first Duchy, though.
You want the second Rebuild before the first Duchy. The first Duchy doesn't do anything, but the second Rebuild quite potentially gives you at least one Duchy before the Duchy pile runs out.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

c4master

• Moneylender
  • Respect: +56
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 10, 2014, 12:13:49 pm »

Maybe Knights and Trading Post would be better buys, but generally, I do like Rebuild first. But I'm often wondering about the second Rebuild before the first Duchy, though.
You want the second Rebuild before the first Duchy. The first Duchy doesn't do anything, but the second Rebuild quite potentially gives you at least one Duchy before the Duchy pile runs out.
...which is exactly the Duchy you could have bought for $5 instead of the second Rebuild.

Winning the Duchy split is just so important on a Rebuild board. I am willing to believe that the second Rebuild is the correct move, but I would like to know WHY it is.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #52 on: June 10, 2014, 12:22:03 pm »

...which is exactly the Duchy you could have bought for $5 instead of the second Rebuild.
Yeah, so if you gain exactly that one Duchy, it doesn't matter which one you bought split-wise. But now, you just have a Rebuild instead of an Estate in your deck.

It depends on the situation though, sometimes I feel like I don't have enough time to use the Rebuild before the Duchies are gone, and I'll buy the Duchy in that situation even if I only have one in my deck.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

c4master

• Moneylender
  • Respect: +56
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 10, 2014, 12:33:43 pm »

Yeah, so if you gain exactly that one Duchy, it doesn't matter which one you bought split-wise. But now, you just have a Rebuild instead of an Estate in your deck.

It depends on the situation though, sometimes I feel like I don't have enough time to use the Rebuild before the Duchies are gone, and I'll buy the Duchy in that situation even if I only have one in my deck.

Does this imply that you buy extra Estates? I usually don't dare this, because I'm afraid of the Dchies running out before I can Rebuild all my Estates.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #54 on: June 10, 2014, 12:39:35 pm »

Does this imply that you buy extra Estates? I usually don't dare this, because I'm afraid of the Dchies running out before I can Rebuild all my Estates.
No, not necessarily.

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 20 queries.