Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 20  All

Author Topic: ZMIX - Veterans Go Flavorless (Mafia wins flawlessly)  (Read 46984 times)

SwitchedFromStarcraft

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
Re: ZMIX - Veterans Go Flavorless (Day 1 underway)
« Reply #175 on: January 02, 2013, 07:15:53 pm »

Vote Count 1.2

raerae (1): Eevee

Not voting: raerae, Shraeye, Robz888, Insomniac, Grujah, Galzria, and mcmcsalot

With 8 alive, it takes 5 for a majority lynch to occur.  However, this is blitz mafia, and a plurality at the deadline WILL result in a lynch.  If a tie exists at the deadline, the Hidden Democracy mechanism will be implemented.

Deadline is tomorrow, Thursday, Jan 3 at 1200 (aka Noon) forum time.
[/quote]
Quote from: Donald X.
Posting begets posting.

Quote from: Asper
Donald X made me a design snob.

There is a sucker born every minute.

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: January 02, 2013, 07:24:27 pm »

Galzria vs shraeye I def side with Galzria, both methods of scumhunting are valid and have their merits and dismissing something you dont personally employ is unhelpful and antitown. I personally like Galzria's approach better.

Also shraeye, I didnt make the joke to make waves nor did I say or imply that. However, the fact that I made that joke proves that saying I'm avoiding making waves is simply incorrect.

Sorry, started drinking with friends ex tempore (playing crash bash!), I try to read from phone but it's sporadic and actually getting a post in is very slow. Just cant keep away :)

Emphasis is mine.

I disagree that shraeye dismissing meta-argument scum-hunting is anti-town.  In my head this is shraeye stating something he believes in the way he states things.  Unfortunately, that's usually the most loud and insulting way possible.  I don't think he was really saying Galz is a dumbo for meta-hunting, I think he was just saying that isn't how he (shraeye) likes to do things. 

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: January 02, 2013, 07:27:19 pm »

@theCouple: I loves me meta arguments. Faking town meta is easier said than done

Hell yes to this.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: January 02, 2013, 07:30:10 pm »

Grujah whats your take on everyone.

Here we go:

1 - raerae - to me seems like a lot of IIoA (information instead of analayis). His post about claim vs non-claim reminds me of some of Jimmmmm's post in Major Arcana which I attacked him about, but then let it go, and he turned out to be scum. Esp. cuz he was confronted to explain it beforehand. Scummy read.
2 - Shraeye - Seems town TBH, someone going against Galz's methods - I don't see that as a scum move, but concerned town move. Towny read.
3 - Robz888 - When I post in a confusing manner, please do feel free to correct me; I'd actually appreciate that. He is BFF, but I want him involved way more.
4 - Eevee - I hate playing against him cause there was only 2 times D1 where I actually could read him. Ugh. No read.
5 - Insomniac - You are BFF, and I think you are running the town fine.
6 - Grujah - Hi.
7 - Galzria - Hm, town read, no idea why. Maybe other games are affecting this one.
8 - mcmcsalot - hmm.. mostly fine, but reminds me about my defensive-ness when I'm scum. Slight scum read? Not sure.

Cone of shame for you, sir.  I clearly indicated I would be mostly unavailable for the first 8ish hours of game play.

I can't say a lot about the rest of your reads as it's super early and I'm only mildly suspicious of a few people myself.  I can see where you're coming from with mcmcsalot's defensive though.  I noted that myself.  Interested in seeing more from you.

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: January 02, 2013, 07:35:21 pm »

Here we go:

1 - raerae - to me seems like a lot of IIoA (information instead of analayis). His post about claim vs non-claim reminds me of some of Jimmmmm's post in Major Arcana which I attacked him about, but then let it go, and he turned out to be scum. Esp. cuz he was confronted to explain it beforehand. Scummy read.

Maybe I wwant to explain this further to a newbie:

It seems to me that you are just talking stuff that actually doesn't help anybody as you do not give concrete opinions or conclusions about people/game, rather just repeat some info that we know.

Especially struck me in claim vs non-claim thing, where you didn't really take a stance but .. well, hedge'd (was wishy-washy).

Had I been able to actively participate in that conversation (prior to Insom claiming his face off) I think I probably would have pushed for no claim.  In my head it made sense for town to have to hidden little gems of trustworthiness to save for a rainy day.  When I had a chance to ponder it a bit and think about the setup I realized that, in this instance, it does make sense to have them claim right away.  After Insom and Robz claimed my argument was obviously made moot but Robz had asked me what I thought the benefits were and I wasn't going to not answer a question posed by one of our BFs.

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: January 02, 2013, 07:37:34 pm »

Ugh quite upset with IC robz for not being around to help give trustworthy advice. My slight scum feeling toward galz and grujah from the begging are now completely gone, i guess new top scumread rareye simply because shes not been around much.

Also insom im interested in your top scum and top town

You can share Grujah's cone of shame for note reading the thread.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: January 02, 2013, 07:41:15 pm »

I can clarify my defensiveness right now. I'm 19 and playing a game with my brothers friends, something I have always wanted to do, I like my brother and his friends quite a bit. So if I think your misconstruing defensiveness as nervousness because i'm just that, nervous about being liked and accepted by all of you.
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: January 02, 2013, 07:41:40 pm »

Okay, there are two people I now am thinking are town. Which is good; I can rule those people out as lynch targets if they continue to persuade me of their towniness. I'm not sure if there is a point to me saying who they are yet.

Galzria: Do you know who these two people are?
Eevee: Do you know who these two people are?

I don't think anyone else knows me well enough to venture intelligent guesses.

Raerae: You know shraeye IRL. Do you think he's acting odd?

Those are all the homework assignments for now.

I don't know.  I don't have a good feel on him yet.  I KNEW he was town in Buffy but I don't know now.  To be fair, I was suspicious of you (Mr. Doctor Man) D1 too so maybe you can only trust my reads as far as you can throw them.  He is saying things in typical shraeye fashion (semi-offensive) and I agree with his read on Eevee but I don't know how fair that is considering Eevee stated he'd be phone posting and that is difficult stuffs especially when drinking with friends.

IRL he always acts odd though, if that's what you were asking.

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: January 02, 2013, 07:44:05 pm »

Home now and getting caught up.  Will probably post a bunch of little posts instead of one big old doozy.  First, I know cayvie is cool with being referred to as either he or she but I'm gonna be a pain and ask you guys get my gender right.  I'm a lady (hush, shraeye) so she would be preferred.

Also, grujah is always insisting on proof so here it is.  Shraeye and I at our first dance :)
Oh, she's no 'lady'.  Also, she was cackling while posting that link there.  Funny stuff.

I don't cackle, damn it!

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: January 02, 2013, 07:45:09 pm »

<--Wishes he had day chat
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: January 02, 2013, 08:44:20 pm »

But then again, I am but a young girl and know little of the ways of Mafia.
Vote: raerae
These statements have ALWAYS been scum, including myself in M III. I might be reckless because I've been drinking but this is easily the scummiest
statement I've seen in the game this far. And I'm not usually one to believe in "things that are just inherently scummy to say".
Where have statements like this been said?  Her line is one from a popular book series (A Song of Ice and Fire)

I dont' agree with Eevee here at all; with her catchup posts, I got a medium-strong townread from raerae.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: January 02, 2013, 08:53:23 pm »

Just did a quick reread of Grujah, I'm getting those bad vibes I got earlier.  Gotta cook now, will clarify in a bit.

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: January 02, 2013, 08:57:25 pm »

These statements have ALWAYS been scum, including myself in M III. I might be reckless because I've been drinking but this is easily the scummiest
statement I've seen in the game this far. And I'm not usually one to believe in "things that are just inherently scummy to say".
Where have statements like this been said?  Her line is one from a popular book series (A Song of Ice and Fire)

I dont' agree with Eevee here at all; with her catchup posts, I got a medium-strong townread from raerae.

Yup, sorry for the confusion, Eevee.  It's a super popular series and seems like the kind of things people in this forum would be in to so I thought it was a safe reference.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: January 02, 2013, 09:11:17 pm »

Yup, sorry for the confusion, Eevee.  It's a super popular series and seems like the kind of things people in this forum would be in to so I thought it was a safe reference.
Lol, I've even read the books, albeit in finnish. Unvote I guess.

Got a towny feel from mcmcsalot, mostly just reading his emotions. No one is devious enough to fake feeling this:
I can clarify my defensiveness right now. I'm 19 and playing a game with my brothers friends, something I have always wanted to do, I like my brother and his friends quite a bit. So if I think your misconstruing defensiveness as nervousness because i'm just that, nervous about being liked and accepted by all of you.

(I dont think anyways.)

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: January 02, 2013, 09:14:12 pm »

Hey Eevee!  Just because I'm a curious sort...how do you feel about meta arguments?  I apologize if this a) is common knowledge or b) has already been posted in this thread.  Feel free to just quote if it's the latter.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: January 02, 2013, 09:18:10 pm »

Hey Eevee!  Just because I'm a curious sort...how do you feel about meta arguments?  I apologize if this a) is common knowledge or b) has already been posted in this thread.  Feel free to just quote if it's the latter.
I think I said it in this thread already; I feel I think about this game very very similar to how Galz thinks about it. So I like meta arguments. Reading people's emotions is certainly my "specialty" in scumhunting though. Especially getting (or not getting!) townreads from them.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: January 02, 2013, 09:33:03 pm »

@theCouple: I loves me meta arguments. Faking town meta is easier said than done

Hell yes to this.

+1.

Shra - explain bad vibes, please?

raerae. "defense" is actually solid-y. Also, do not give Eevee (or anyone) a "pass" cause he is drunk; that's a trap. Also also, FoS for actually quoting the most boring character of them all :P

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: January 02, 2013, 09:35:59 pm »

Hell yes to this.

+1.

Shra - explain bad vibes, please?

raerae. "defense" is actually solid-y. Also, do not give Eevee (or anyone) a "pass" cause he is drunk; that's a trap. Also also, FoS for actually quoting the most boring character of them all :P

I might be dumb but what are you talking about?  "defense"  ??  I am confused. 

Also, didn't give anybody a complete pass, just not completely committed to those feelings yet.

The most boring?  Seriously?  Catelyn made me sleep EVERY.TIME.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: January 02, 2013, 09:40:22 pm »

About Grujah:
I realized what in his second post was rubbing me the wrong way.  It's this part
I realize all these examples are of me scum. But here I am not.  ;D
It just frustrates me when people say 'i'm town' instead of showing me that they're town.

When asked about his reads, it really felt like he gave me town cred for very little reason.  If he's scum, I wouldn't be surprised if mcmcsalot was his scumbuddy and Grujah just threw in two accurate 'reads' when asked.

Then when giving his list of reads, he marked mcmcsalot as
8 - mcmcsalot - hmm.. mostly fine, but reminds me about my defensive-ness when I'm scum. Slight scum read? Not sure.
backing off after mcmcsalot responded to Grujah's initial suspicion.  It makes me wonder what wonderful defense mcmcsalot gave to grujah.  Oh, it was "I was explaining why I was gone, because I hear that people who post the least are lynched."
In response to Grujah, my brother warned me before playing the people who post least are usually lynched, I knew I would be gone and wanted to make sure it didn't make me look scumy and then even with my explanation insom asked robz if I knew about lyall. Btw this is lynch all lurkers correct?

So I guess now that mcmcsalot explained that his explanation for being gone was to avoid getting lynched, Grujah's decided that mcmsalot is less scummy.

Here we go:

2 - Shraeye - Seems town TBH, someone going against Galz's methods - I don't see that as a scum move, but concerned town move. Towny read.
3 - Robz888 - When I post in a confusing manner, please do feel free to correct me; I'd actually appreciate that. He is BFF, but I want him involved way more.
4 - Eevee - I hate playing against him cause there was only 2 times D1 where I actually could read him. Ugh. No read.
5 - Insomniac - You are BFF, and I think you are running the town fine.
6 - Grujah - Hi.
7 - Galzria - Hm, town read, no idea why. Maybe other games are affecting this one.
As for the rest of his reads, he calls Galzria town for even less of a reason than he gave for me; also gave me more towncred for "going against Galz's methods"...?

The trio I'm most suspicious of from this is Grujah/mcmcsalot/Eevee.  He offers no opinion on Eevee, despite Eevee having one of the highest post counts and already attracting suspicion from multiple players.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: January 02, 2013, 09:45:58 pm »

I don't want a pass because I'm drunk, It isn't/wasn't affecting my playing in any way. Calling me out for appearing online in the player list and not answering questions instantly (which is what you did, Grujah) feels unfair though, because I was in fact contributing the best I could from phone despite having IRL issues that were easily an ok excuse for lurking if I was scum. One of these days I'll draw scum and be caught because I DONT try to read from phone every chance I get when I'm drinking, but I guess I'll have to worry about that then.

Everyone else went to sleep, I opened friend's computer to check the new posts before following in suit. Will likely only be here for 30 minutes or so before disappearing for ~6 hours.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: January 02, 2013, 09:52:07 pm »

I don't want a pass because I'm drunk, It isn't/wasn't affecting my playing in any way. Calling me out for appearing online in the player list and not answering questions instantly (which is what you did, Grujah) feels unfair though, because I was in fact contributing the best I could from phone despite having IRL issues that were easily an ok excuse for lurking if I was scum. One of these days I'll draw scum and be caught because I DONT try to read from phone every chance I get when I'm drinking, but I guess I'll have to worry about that then.

Ok, that obviously sounded more harsh that it was intended to. Forget it.

I was only implying that if you post scum stuff, and than go with "I was drunk, lol" - you should be scrutinized.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: January 02, 2013, 09:54:16 pm »

I'm the happy towny kind of drunk!

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: January 02, 2013, 09:57:37 pm »

I'm drunk too! I'm sometimes a happy drunk, sometimes a bitter one.  I'm leaning happy right now.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: January 02, 2013, 10:06:26 pm »

I'm drunk too! I'm sometimes a happy drunk, sometimes a bitter one.  I'm leaning happy right now.
I'm more bitter sober these days. (And before anyone worries, no I don't drink that often!)

Back to the game, how does everyone feel about my read on mcmcsalot? Is that something he could really fake as scum? In my experience, younger brothers DO try to impress the Robzes of the world but they are very rarely humble enough to admit it LET ALONE be willing to fake something like that just to gain an edge in a silly game like this. But again, thoughts?

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: January 02, 2013, 10:13:51 pm »

Until I owned him in Dominion.  Now he's bitter drunk Shraeye :)
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 20  All

Page created in 0.065 seconds with 21 queries.