Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 49  All

Author Topic: Mafia XVIII: Major Arcana Mafia II (Werewolves win!)  (Read 109687 times)

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XVIII: Major Arcana Mafia II (Day 1! Deadline 1/9/13, 3 PM forums time)
« Reply #375 on: December 28, 2012, 03:32:43 am »

Normal Bulletproof is just 'Bulletproof X' If it's X-shot in anyway, it would read 'X-shot Bulletproof Y'. So yes, It should be safe to assume Eevee's Bulletproof ( if he isnt the serial killer) is unlimited. Double checking with cayvie wouldn't hurt though.
No clue if it would apply to dayvigs. You'd think it would.

You'd think so yes, but it only talks about night protection, and I'm assuming this is where we're getting our roles from when not specified here.

And I agree with waiting for Insom to weigh in before we lynch Robz.

Agree we need Insom to weigh in.  I do think lynch Robz, use his flip to confirm if Eevee is IC, then lynch Galz tomorrow after he NKs Insom makes the most sense.

At worst, we lose a VT in the neutered Robz, I think, since if he's town and Eevee's town, Galz is scum, unless Insom is lying scum, which we will know when Galz kills him, right?  And if Insom is lying, we lose the VT and save both IC Eevee and don't have to lynch town vig Galz D2 after all.

Or am I missing something?
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XVIII: Major Arcana Mafia II (Day 1! Deadline 1/9/13, 3 PM forums time)
« Reply #376 on: December 28, 2012, 03:34:21 am »

cayvie, can we get some clarification on the Nine of Wands role?

no
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: December 28, 2012, 03:35:24 am »

I dont follow, not at all ashersky. Why would we want to kill Insomniac!?

Fwiw, all this planning is going to be useless if Robz just flips scum like I expect him to.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: December 28, 2012, 03:36:08 am »

no

So basically this is a closed setup with a bunch of roles with familiar names but no guarantee that they do what we think they do.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: December 28, 2012, 03:36:45 am »

I propose we wait for Insomniac to get online to clarify everything, then lynch Robz (hopefully see him flip scum), and see what happens. I havent claimed anything yet. In case Robz is town and Galz is scum, speculating my role and various outcomes seems stupid because we'd just be telling him what to do.

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: December 28, 2012, 03:39:21 am »

no

So basically this is a closed setup with a bunch of roles with familiar names but no guarantee that they do what we think they do.

pretty much

i probably shouldn't have answered galz's question
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: December 28, 2012, 03:43:27 am »

i mean, this isn't a bastard game

"bulletproof townie" isn't going to be the name of a cop or anything

but no, the exact details of how people's roles function are not public

she/her

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: December 28, 2012, 03:43:43 am »

Fwiw, all this planning is going to be useless if Robz just flips scum like I expect him to.

In case he's lying, basically.

We do need clarification on his role, though.  Like, can he do it again?  Is he a bad guy?  That kind of stuff.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: December 28, 2012, 03:48:22 am »

We do need clarification on his role, though.  Like, can he do it again?  Is he a bad guy?  That kind of stuff.
We don't just vig a super power role because he might be lying!? As I said, I highly encourage investigating him though.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: December 28, 2012, 03:48:30 am »

i mean, this isn't a bastard game

"bulletproof townie" isn't going to be the name of a cop or anything

but no, the exact details of how people's roles function are not public

Okay, I appreciate your response.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: December 28, 2012, 03:50:57 am »

We don't just vig a super power role because he might be lying!? As I said, I highly encourage investigating him though.

I just realized, with Insom out, there is only one more Major, right?  So if we only get one more claim, they are confirmed?

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: December 28, 2012, 03:55:09 am »

I just realized, with Insom out, there is only one more Major, right?  So if we only get one more claim, they are confirmed?
NOT FORCING OUR UBER POWER ROLES TO CLAIM, wtf?

Also, I think it's pretty clear Ins is a major arcana. It just isn't clear he is necessarily town-aligned.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: December 28, 2012, 03:57:15 am »

NOT FORCING OUR UBER POWER ROLES TO CLAIM, wtf?

Also, I think it's pretty clear Ins is a major arcana. It just isn't clear he is necessarily town-aligned.

Obv not asking for a claim.  Just pointing it out for future reference.  Chill.

Why is it clear he's major?  I mean, his one post with one of these three has a QT thing with no back-up?

I mean, benefit of the doubt, and it's clearly got us all on a path, but we need more info.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: December 28, 2012, 03:59:59 am »

Well, I guess it could be a super weird scum gambit. Why oh why though? (Well, if he is a vanilla mafia or werewolf, it did turn out pretty darn dandy for him..)
Occam's razor, that's just not the kind of lie people tell unpressured day 1.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: December 28, 2012, 04:28:44 am »

Post counts:

Robz: 75
Eevee: 53
Galzria: 41
Lekkit: 30
ashersky: 25
Axxle: 23
Grujah: 22
yuma: 20
Insomniac: 18
Jimmm: 17
Archetype: 16
jotheonah: 13
shraeye: 13
Voltgloss: 9
sparky: 4

No surprises in the top three, Volt and especially sparky stand out in the bottom. This game hasn't really been on for that long even though a lot of stuff has happened, so I'm still giving them the benefit of the doubt. Lekkit not likely to be LaL-lynched here, running 4th! This town doesn't seem to suffer from any lurker issues anyways, things have been progressing rather nicely.

Fwiw, Robz, Cuzz and Grujah thought Ins had investigated me and found scum. Grujah was even willing to put down a big bet!

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #390 on: December 28, 2012, 04:33:04 am »

Post counts:

Robz: 75
Eevee: 53
Galzria: 41
Lekkit: 30
ashersky: 25
Axxle: 23
Grujah: 22
yuma: 20
Insomniac: 18
Jimmm: 17
Archetype: 16
jotheonah: 13
shraeye: 13
Voltgloss: 9
sparky: 4

No surprises in the top three, Volt and especially sparky stand out in the bottom. This game hasn't really been on for that long even though a lot of stuff has happened, so I'm still giving them the benefit of the doubt. Lekkit not likely to be LaL-lynched here, running 4th! This town doesn't seem to suffer from any lurker issues anyways, things have been progressing rather nicely.

Fwiw, Robz, Cuzz and Grujah thought Ins had investigated me and found scum. Grujah was even willing to put down a big bet!

Dude, sparky and volt, come on guys.  Shraeye and Jo too.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: December 28, 2012, 06:39:18 am »

Post counts:

[...]

Insomniac: 18 9

Insomniac has both his Goko and iso usernames listed, so if you're not careful it can seem like he has twice as many votes as he has. Just for correctness sake.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: December 28, 2012, 06:50:28 am »

Post counts:

[...]

Insomniac: 18 9

Insomniac has both his Goko and iso usernames listed, so if you're not careful it can seem like he has twice as many votes as he has. Just for correctness sake.
Good catch. Uncharacteristically low, but consistent with his level of activity in other threads recently.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: December 28, 2012, 07:07:41 am »

was writing a big post, and during it I came to something that I will post first, as it's easier than to fit it in the other one with big rumbling..

Vote: Robz888

You go first.

You don't know how hard it is for me to resist doing so.

Hmm..
And his first post is about massclaim.

TO me, seems kinda way to set up for day-vig fakeclaim as scum dayvig. I mean, how corny is that line there, with all that happened?

May be me just overthinking, but.. well, it's a thing.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: December 28, 2012, 07:12:00 am »

Dude, Eevee, you got up early :P

On Ins:
His alignment is so not clear. I am even suspecting scum more, as the role is somewhat similar to High Priestess (power which can help you with finding other team, but also town PRs).

Do note that if he dies, something weird will happen.

@Robz/Galz/Eevee

Hm.. I guess it's between Galz and Robz for sure, based on his rashness to shoot. But he is crazy Robz ATM, which I heard means town Robz, but I don't give too much credit for that, he can fake/change. Galz's explanation post was written in a way that it seems like almost 100% that Robz is scum. Maybe not intentional :s. I also didn't like Galz's insta-claim, for no reason.

What about leaving Galz to shoot Robz? too much of a risk?

Actually, when I read
@Others (lurkers first)

shraeye - He mainly defended yuma (which I agree on) and he also put in this drunktake:
"Robz shot eevee because his best chance for living was to hit scum.  Given that Galz is apparently not on Robz's team and has claimed Vig, Robz believes that Galz is actually the strongman vig.  that is why he shoots Eevee.  Shooting before waiting for Eevee to claim was terrible, but it was a scum move banking on eevee hopefully also being scum.  Now that that has failed he's focusing on Galz.  This is play of caught scum.  My vote stands."
Hmm.. interesting, kinda makes sense why he wouldn't shoot Galz instead, but no so convinced, if he was scum he knew that Eevee cannot be other team, only SK - it's quite risky. But if he shot town he could push Galz.

Jo - mostly regular D1 jo. Not much to work with, here. Pushes Robz like crazy, which means that he is most likely wrong and that we should lynch Galzria instead.

Volty - hmm.. I'm willing to attribute his lurkiness to holidays, he doesn't lurk as scum.

sparks - stinks. Got caught by Robz's massclaim joke too easily, and disspapeared when Volt asked for explanation.

Archetype - almost EVERY single post of him is BUDDYING UP with somebody (like, Robz in recent ones). Just go back and read em. Stinks scum the most of non-controversial people.

Jimmmm - Too hedgey and generic. He made almost NO contribution of his own, it's all repeats and theory. Stinks.

Yuma - stinks just a bit with all contraversy with slip and self-vote-vote going on, but I am not convinced of his scumminess at all. It's yuma, FFS.

Lekkit - Do NOT make assumptions like these ones:
"As for Ins making up a role name, I think scum would keep better track of a fake claim. I'm pretty sure that his role is actually the Magician. It would make the most sense to me."
This is same fallacy that Frisky made about me when I made a unlikely, drunk, scum fakeclaim - Grujah would do better than that if he was fakeclaiming. Fact was, I just fucked up.
Not too much on him, he did get onto Yuma wagon, so a minus there, but was solid otherwise, so a few pluses there?

ash - townish? I agree with him on Robz shooting thing - it was very weird. Additional to being to rash to vig, this is Robz we are talking about, it took putting him at near certain death 2 times in chicken mafia to get him to claim. Meh.

Axxle - jeez, talk about concise post.. needs to post more stuff than one liners, one-liners stink a bit.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: December 28, 2012, 07:14:45 am »

Ok, this is what I think with that Archetype thing, not really budding by this.. extremely nice, friendly, PC attitude:

Ok, I agree that Jo pressuring you like that was preeeeetty crappy, but if you are scum, I think that it was the right thing to do.

Fair enough. I still don't think that was the best Town play. But if you were for sure Eevee was scum, then I guess you had to do it. I still think you should have talked it over. Like you, and many other people have said in various other games: Vigging is dangerous.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: December 28, 2012, 07:28:59 am »

Dude, Eevee, you got up early :P

Yeah. :( Haven't been sleeping well, went to bed quite/very drunk both wednesday and thursday and woke up after 5 hours both days. Unpleasant! Well, this morning the excitement of Insomniac's claim made sleeping impossible once I had opened the forums.

sparks - stinks. Got caught by Robz's massclaim joke too easily, and disspapeared when Volt asked for explanation.
!!! This. Sparky is easily my top scumread outside of this situation.

To recap: gets suspected from his first post, doesn't really address the case much but just completely stops posting. The suspicion fades away (I know I forgot until now). I'm not saying the original case was much, but this is an epitome of the scummy kind of lurking.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: December 28, 2012, 07:32:38 am »

After re-reading both Robz and Galz, I think either of them could be scum, but I'm leaning towards Robz. His posts seem more like scummy scrambling than cornered Townie. I certainly think he's clever enough to come up with "if I pretend I don't know my role exists, it'll be obvious I don't have it." I'm also not thrilled about his attempted vig. I know he'll say he was forced into it, but I think Town Robz would have tried to talk his way out of it first.

I've been getting a weird vibe from Galz all day, but for now I'm willing to attribute that to the frustration he's been experiencing from Mafia games recently.

In general, I agree with this plan (I was actually going to suggest it):

I guess the objective best plan (best if you don't know that I am not scum), is to lynch me, have Galzria shoot Insomniac, and lynch Galzria tomorrow depending on my flip and Insomniac's. A redirector could mess up the Insomniac part, though.

I think Robz is the best lynch at this stage. If Galz is Town, and Robz flips Town, then Galz should kill Insom. If Galz is Town and Robz flips scum, I think Town Galz is a good enough player to make up his own mind if/who he should kill.

So Vote: Robz and if he's Town one of Galz and Insom will flip scum tonight or tomorrow.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: December 28, 2012, 07:39:02 am »

I am not giving Galzria the permission to shoot Insomniac if Robz flips town. If Robz is town, the most likely explanation is that Galzria is scum (Insomniac may be too, but I doubt he lied about the result).

Going from "Insomniac is not conftown even if his info is good" to "he should be vigged tonight" is a pretty gigantic leap. Fos at everyone who wants to kill our major arcana!

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: December 28, 2012, 07:41:07 am »

I am not giving Galzria the permission to shoot Insomniac if Robz flips town. If Robz is town, the most likely explanation is that Galzria is scum (Insomniac may be too, but I doubt he lied about the result).

most likely?
Unless Ins made everything up, YOU must say that it is THE ONLY explanation.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 49  All

Page created in 0.068 seconds with 20 queries.