Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 49  All

Author Topic: Mafia XVIII: Major Arcana Mafia II (Werewolves win!)  (Read 109385 times)

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XVIII: Major Arcana Mafia II (Day 2! Deadline 1/3/13, 10 PM forum time)
« Reply #550 on: December 31, 2012, 12:08:30 am »

stupid me, if Galz stranged than he has to be Town.
I guess. Cuz town strangles.
And there is no scum strongman.

Vote: Eevee
WHAT SCUM ROLE IS FULL BULLETPROOF? Seriously, I need one night to prove this!!

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XVIII: Major Arcana Mafia II (Day 2! Deadline 1/3/13, 10 PM forum time)
« Reply #551 on: December 31, 2012, 12:08:35 am »

Yeahh, this is why I didnt want to claim and also why I think not claiming would have been the correct move if I was the bulletproof townie. I'm a major arcana, the hermit. I'm a bulletproof one-shot lightning rod. I'd rather not claim everything it means, because i think that could instruct scum on how to construct their night actions.

I DO NOT have a qt though. Everyone, does a bulletproof cult leader (or any other type of scum) just make any sense at all? This is not a bastard game. I can prove I'm a lightning rod next night.

Unless someone can explain galz strangling people, I'm really lost though. no one but the strongman vigilante should be able to do that, but I know I just don't have a qt.

Why didn't you just lighting tonight, that would pretty much prove it.

If you are bulletproof oneshot lightning rod, and town - you pretty much just need to activate rod once and than prove your towniness and than you cannot die.

That is even less logical.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: December 31, 2012, 12:09:25 am »

You are one shot, not full bulletproof.

sparky5856

• Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: December 31, 2012, 12:09:58 am »

Mafia is fun isn't it?  ;D

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: December 31, 2012, 12:11:48 am »

When people go through the night, and are heavily suspected, and only then the come up with "I can prove stuff next night" next morning, instead of proving it that very same night, it's just sad.

Also you would have saved Ins, and pretty much proven Galz as scum. But you didn't trigger so that you can bullshit stuff up.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #555 on: December 31, 2012, 12:12:41 am »

Also, those three should card claim at this point, seeing as at least one is likely to be a WW. I would personally like to see Yuma start, since he's my biggest scum read from yesterday.

why in the world would I claim anything to you?

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: December 31, 2012, 12:15:11 am »

Actually, hermit does sound like a SK role - he is alone and goes around silting people's necks.

Galz - why didn't you stangle EEVEE? You are stronman, it goes through everything, and you 100% knew he was SCUM?

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: December 31, 2012, 12:15:52 am »

it's not just a standard lightning rod, without going into specifics, it also has investigatice aspects. also, I can be killed by some other MA's. cayvie wouldn't tell me if I'd survive the strongman vig, and I thought that either Ins is scum or galz is what he claims he is and uses his power with a good enough probability that I'd better wait. cayvie was very smart when making this role, it's rather complicated but quite cool hoe she balanced it so that activsting n1 isnt (necessarily) the bet move.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: December 31, 2012, 12:15:58 am »

Actually gonna bold this;

Galz - why didn't you stangle EEVEE? You are stronman, it goes through everything, and you 100% knew he was SCUM?

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: December 31, 2012, 12:16:42 am »

it's not just a standard lightning rod, without going into specifics, it also has investigatice aspects. also, I can be killed by some other MA's.

There is no other MA besides dead Ins.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: December 31, 2012, 12:17:04 am »

Eevee 100% isn't scum though.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: December 31, 2012, 12:17:34 am »

it's not just a standard lightning rod, without going into specifics, it also has investigatice aspects. also, I can be killed by some other MA's.

There is no other MA besides dead Ins.
wasn't dead when I made my decision last night!

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: December 31, 2012, 12:18:30 am »

Also, those three should card claim at this point, seeing as at least one is likely to be a WW. I would personally like to see Yuma start, since he's my biggest scum read from yesterday.

why in the world would I claim anything to you?

oh, I see, because you are the strongman... and basically guaranteed to be town?

I guess there is a chance you are Major Arcana, but we have to risk that? Do I claim now?

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: December 31, 2012, 12:20:11 am »

Yuma, I'm the 2nd MA. I don't understand though, either Ins made s mistake or galz should scum but.. as per th flavour he cant be.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: December 31, 2012, 12:20:26 am »

it's not just a standard lightning rod, without going into specifics, it also has investigatice aspects. also, I can be killed by some other MA's. cayvie wouldn't tell me if I'd survive the strongman vig, and I thought that either Ins is scum or galz is what he claims he is and uses his power with a good enough probability that I'd better wait. cayvie was very smart when making this role, it's rather complicated but quite cool hoe she balanced it so that activsting n1 isnt (necessarily) the bet move.

So you didn't have because it has investigative aspect, but you did not reveal that info? Even though if you did reveal, you cannot die anyway.

You cannot die except by specific MAs (which there are none) - and I assume, by lynch. So only way for you to die is via lynch. If somebody can die only by lynch, that is way more scum role than town role.

STILL DIDN'T ANSWER why you didn't triger lightning tonight and proved your story.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: December 31, 2012, 12:21:36 am »

Yuma, I'm the 2nd MA. I don't understand though, either Ins made s mistake or galz should scum but.. as per th flavour he cant be.

and why did Galz shoot Insomniac? I don't understand

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: December 31, 2012, 12:22:11 am »

maybe cuz you knew you had strangler flavor as scum and wanted to prove your "towness" with it?

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: December 31, 2012, 12:22:59 am »

Galzria, in what universe does a bulletproof cult leading / serial killing lightning rod make any sense? Work with me here, this situation is very weird for me too. What parts of my role do you find hard to believe? Seriously, think through this. Would cayvie make a role that basyardly!

sparky5856

• Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: December 31, 2012, 12:23:22 am »

yuma: I recall a so called "scum slip" by him. What was it?

Even if everything he said is true, Insom is certainly not confirmed town... I think more likely town than the opposing scum, but still

Oh yeah. That wasn't a slip. He was speaking of the opposing scum of Insomniac, not himself. I think some of the players got a little too eager to catch scumslips. Galzria Robz and Volt among those to jump on him, Robz town, Volt scum, Galz (I feel) scum.

As for yuma himself, I recall saying in the beginning of D1 that he wasn't being enough like "invisiyuma". But then he disappears for 10 pages. It's gonna be like that for a lot of players though. Things progressed so fast. This allows lurking to become VERY noticeable, so it's gonna be difficult to criticize players for lurking (except for me of course >_<). As for his content, he is very heavy on the "no massclaim" and "you're better than this etc." parades, which strike to me as genuinely towny. Nothing terribly convincing though, plus there's the possibility of invisiyuma. So, slight town here.

PPE: FOURTEEN this is insane.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: December 31, 2012, 12:24:21 am »

Actually, hermit does sound like a SK role - he is alone and goes around silting people's necks.

Read everything Robz wrote as he died. He was 100% right. My PM to Cayvie was basically this:

"If Ins is lying, and I kill Eevee, I've likely just killed the BP-Townie, while leaving scum Arcana alive (it's clear Ins isn't lying about being Arcana). What's worse, is people will instantly lynch me next, giving Insomniac and the other scum a free night to reign over us.

If Ins is lying and I kill him - great!

If Ins is telling the truth, then Eevee is MA Scum. This is a scary proposition. BUT, if I kill Insomniac now, there's a good chance he'll be Doctored. This will prove my towniness (well, that and the strangling), AND I'll likely inherit a power to help town. This path would (hopefully) lead to Eevee being revealed and not living to see another night."

---

Yes, it was a risky move, but being wrong (which I was) was less bad going this route, then being wrong going the other route.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #570 on: December 31, 2012, 12:25:19 am »

Eevee: Well, just as I was starting to write about you, you claim. I did find your reluctance to claim earlier strange; isn't there only one bulletproof minor arcana role? I say we let him prove his lightning-rodness. His alignment is still up in the air though. He was especially pushy on Robz, which was unusual for him. I haven't seen Eevee be pushy before. Idk.

Replies are coming fast, rest to come.

Even if he proves lightning rodness - what does that tell us?

NOTHING.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: December 31, 2012, 12:25:43 am »

Isn't lightning rod a town role?  I've only seen one, and it was in the huge game.

What proof is there that Galz is strongman?  He didn't kill Eevee to prove it...so he could still be scum, right?  All we know is he killed a town major arcana...that's scummy, right?

Just thinking things through...
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: December 31, 2012, 12:26:22 am »

Lots of posts here...looking for Galz's town proof, then willing to follow him. 
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: December 31, 2012, 12:26:30 am »

maybe cuz you knew you had strangler flavor as scum and wanted to prove your "towness" with it?
how though? how!

i don't get any of the good stuff before I use the rod, but the more I wait the better the stuff is.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: December 31, 2012, 12:27:46 am »

but you also knew that Eevee might be MA and only sure way for you (and town) to get rid of him is your one shot, that you used?

Meh.

But well, yeah, makes some sense.

@ash - he strangled. Strangle kills are strongman kills (I was that last time).
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 49  All

Page created in 0.131 seconds with 19 queries.